Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Here's to hoping they make insanely high defense mons like Cloyster good in some balance patch. I have an Ice Shard/Blizzard Cloyster that's 93%. He's pretty decent but super low HP is kind of a killer.

Well according to pokeassistant, Cloyster is the best attacker in the game against Dragonite (not counting Articuno of course). Not that I'm expecting one to show up in my podunk little town, but I like to be prepared.

I've heard, similar to the Rainer/Sparky/Pyro trick, that if you use the Japanese name "Showers" it will evolve into a Vape.

You mean with Japanese characters?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Wow - didn't realize that against Dragonite... Do they rate attackers by weighting in dodging? I'm super lazy and can't be bothered to dodge unless absolutely necessary, and my 1641 82 HP Cloyster doesn't seem like he'd hold up to many attacks.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I sorta wonder about what happens when their attacker ratings meet reality. At level 27 a perfect stamina dragonite will have 140 hps and a cloyster will have 82. Even with the double weakness to ice I have my doubts about the cloyster winning. Unfortunately I don't have any way to test this out on a dragonite. Similarly, I'd love the chance to test out how well machamp actually stacks up against snorlax before I spend the dust powering mine up.

Also, based on what someone suggested back before the forum move, I no longer bother trying to dodge. Shit is inconsistent as hell, and half the time it just treats my swipe like a tap anyway. Had much better success since I started just sitting there spamming attacks.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Try just Showers first, and if that doesn't work, try シャワーズ

Oh god it's like this is a sidequest and the kana keyboard is actually the most difficult boss fight of the game.

Guess it was the romaji keyboard. Another Flareon though. At least it's another one with fire blast.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Only one of those was powered up too, before I realized I was wasting dust and candy.

5aE7ROJ.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Found a dragonite to test my cloyster on, kinda disappointing and confirmed my guess, cloyster's hps are so low that he barely manages to down a similarly powered up dragonite. Although I suppose an even 1 for 1 trade isn't that bad when we're talking about such a powerful pokemon. Lapras is obviously far better, although obviously much rarer. A breath/blizzard Lapras could probably just about make it through two powered up dragonites.

Haven't found a decent normal defender to try my machamp on.

Last edited:

Rali

Trakanon Raider
Just caught this fella just outside my office. 100% IV and not a terrible moveset, He'll do! :D

RE37M

Edit: why doesnt the pic show up! 2045 Snorlax, 100% IV, Zen Heabutt & Body Slam.

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Found a dragonite to test my cloyster on, kinda disappointing and confirmed my guess, cloyster's hps are so low that he barely manages to down a similarly powered up dragonite. Although I suppose an even 1 for 1 trade isn't that bad when we're talking about such a powerful pokemon. Lapras is obviously far better, although obviously much rarer. A breath/blizzard Lapras could probably just about make it through two powered up dragonites.

Haven't found a decent normal defender to try my machamp on.
The problem is that the type bonuses have the same impact as Same Type Ability Bonus (STAB). So a vapereon's water attack on a vap has the same benefit as an electric's attack on a vap.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
The problem is that the type bonuses have the same impact as Same Type Ability Bonus (STAB). So a vapereon's water attack on a vap has the same benefit as an electric's attack on a vap.
Not if an electric type uses an electric attack, then it gets stacking stab and super effective. Did anyone confirm if x4 weakness is in/out?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
does stab even exist in Go?

and according to pokeassistant, single type is +25% dmg and double type is +56% damage, I assume those numbers were datamined.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Jynx coming out of 10k eggs can kiss my ass...Seriously, I catch 8 of those a day in the wild....And then I open 2 10k eggs to get more? Troll harder Niantic.

Sterling

El Presidente
Jynx coming out of 10k eggs can kiss my ass...Seriously, I catch 8 of those a day in the wild....And then I open 2 10k eggs to get more? Troll harder Niantic.
Never seen one in the wild. Only one I've ever gotten is from an egg. The fact Eevees come from 10k eggs is kind of dumb, but at least those can be useful.