Politics, civility, and you!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
What this community mostly suffers from is the lack of good opposition, and there's a huge barrier if you're opposition. During 2008-2012 Obama years we had no credible right wing people. Now we don't have any credible left wing people, and most of the liberals are pro-Trump. The anti-Trump people are not only budget-class posters, but are barraged by all kinds of venom when they arrive. It's difficult to say, "I don't like Trump" here without demands for you to defend everything HRC has ever done.

This is probably the best attempt at describing our pol thread so far. It's complicated to argue from the left point of view right now because the leftist ideology in America / West is so broken and fractured that it makes it exceedingly easy, even for a dumb pleb like me, to shut down any argument (i'll admit sometimes unfairly).

On the other hand, the newleft can't handle losing and has turned violent / destructive because of it, so it's hard to be nice to anyone who sympathizing with the ideology.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I mean this is what is being posted currently on my facebook wall. Hard to be civil when the other side has clearly abandoned all notions of the concept

cc2ca893-de05-4ca9-a360-e23b56fe3f02
rBGjcyL.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
'Self care' is another tumblrism that needs to die a quick death.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Trust me, the last thing a lot of those people have to worry about is having a smooth presentable snatch.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I sometimes ponder what the point of these boards are since I spend so much time on them. I used to get into the debating more, but after a while it's just the same old shit with the same old people over and over. People hammering current events to fit their worldview and other people hammering them to fit the opposite. I do learn things by reading this stuff, but it's usually from articles linked. Sometimes someone actually posts something interesting, but it's not often and if it's in a wall of text I probably won't read it. I think for most of the actual debaters it's about winning an argument more than actually discussing ideas and that's why it always devolves into name-calling eventually. There's a pretty good amount of comedy, even if half of it is probably people parroting something they saw on reddit, but I enjoy that. It's also pretty much how I get my news along with facebook and podcasts. If I was the man I want to be, I would only post if I had something helpful or funny to say, but I still occasionally fall into a retarded debate (see yesterday in the football thread) which is always a waste of time.

I liked this.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Not only should you troll but you should provide results of said trolling

Nah I like Wednesday from back in the 90s, I'm not going to shit up her wall with responses to her politics today. She is an anthropologist and the overlap between most anthro majors and Bernie supporting SJWs is almost 100%. I am the extreme outlier.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ratina

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I can't help myself and can argue politics all day on FB but I won't touch the Pol thread here with a 10 foot pole. The dogpileing is ridiculous so even if you are having a solid debate with one user, there are 10 others posting bad memes and personal attacks you can't help but give up.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I can't help myself and can argue politics all day on FB but I won't touch the Pol thread here with a 10 foot pole. The dogpileing is ridiculous so even if you are having a solid debate with one user, there are 10 others posting bad memes and personal attacks you can't help but give up.
Hillary supporting CUCK confirmed. You have been infracted for this post.

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

• 6Like
  • 4Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 10 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I mean this is what is being posted currently on my facebook wall. Hard to be civil when the other side has clearly abandoned all notions of the concept

cc2ca893-de05-4ca9-a360-e23b56fe3f02
rBGjcyL.jpg

Yeah I more or less agree with that.

People are privileged enough to enjoy political discussions because the ramifications of it going either way isn't huge.

And current SJWs are privileged enough to be able to vote against their interest by say, importing a bunch of freedom hating people into the country because in the end a few hundred thousand bad immigrants won't hurt us.

Privilege feels good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
So you like an echo chamber of America hating cucks?

• 2Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I more or less agree with that.

People are privileged enough to enjoy political discussions because the ramifications of it going either way isn't huge.

And current SJWs are privileged enough to be able to vote against their interest by say, importing a bunch of freedom hating people into the country because in the end a few hundred thousand bad immigrants won't hurt us.

Privilege feels good.

Yeah I don't think that's what they're saying.

I'm pretty sure that image is saying

HOW DARE YOU RACIST SEXIST HOMOPHOBIC PRIVILEGED SHITLORD BIGOTS DEVIATE FROM MY POLITICAL IDEOLOGY BY EVEN A FRACTION OF A PERCENT? FOR SHAME YOU FUCKING BIGOT! FOR SHAME!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
We need a real-life get together, so we can hash out our differences face to face.

• 3Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I don't think that's what they're saying.

I'm pretty sure that image is saying

HOW DARE YOU RACIST SEXIST HOMOPHOBIC PRIVILEGED SHITLORD BIGOTS DEVIATE FROM MY POLITICAL IDEOLOGY BY EVEN A FRACTION OF A PERCENT? FOR SHAME YOU FUCKING BIGOT! FOR SHAME!
It's more like, "OH SO YOU ARE TIRED OF HEARING MY VIRTUE SIGNALLING< YOU ARENT ALLOWED TO BE TIRED OF IT BECAUSE IF YOU IGNORE ME IT IS JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE A RACIST SHITLORD NAZI".

Posting politics on facebook is such a no-win proposition. It won't earn you friends as easily as it earns you enemies.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm

I agree

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
It's more like, "OH SO YOU ARE TIRED OF HEARING MY VIRTUE SIGNALLING< YOU ARENT ALLOWED TO BE TIRED OF IT BECAUSE IF YOU IGNORE ME IT IS JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE A RACIST SHITLORD NAZI".

Posting politics on facebook is such a no-win proposition. It won't earn you friends as easily as it earns you enemies.

The irony is the person who posted that has almost certainly put me on unfollow, but I see every post she makes, no matter how much it irritates me.

The only people I unfollow are people I want to remain friends with, but don't want to have to constantly resist the urge to troll them about how Jesus never existed.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like