portland oregon

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
first

txlxf3L.jpg

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Never been. Surprised I have no friends who have moved there. Guess SF is just better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vinen

God is dead
Never been. Surprised I have no friends who have moved there. Guess SF is just better.

Which has as stronger smell of homeless urine. Given that Tyen lives in Portland the answer is obvious.

kudos

<Banned>
I like the idea of Portland. Their citizenry kind of destroys any prospect of me ever living there. I'd rather live in a small town in the PNW than a hippie haven like Portland or Seattle. The positive of the job market in a place like Portland is that you don't have to actually live near the office to force yourself to deal with these idiots. You could work out of a log home in the woods assuming you had a good enough network connection.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
LOL @ the hipster faggots having two Hawaiian 6-man canoes tied to the dock in the foreground. Someone tell those shitlords they are appropriating a native culture.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I enjoyed my trip there last year. Lots of good dining options, and the downtown is nice and walkable. No idea how it would be to live there, though. Probably similar to a lot of the other west coast cities: great if you are rich and can afford to live downtown, not so great if you aren't.

The street kids/homeless were pretty eye opening, though. At least in Vancouver they mostly have the courtesy of staying concentrated on East Hastings. Seemed like they were everywhere in Portland.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The street kids/homeless were pretty eye opening, though. At least in Vancouver they mostly have the courtesy of staying concentrated on East Hastings. Seemed like they were everywhere in Portland.

They aren't homeless. That's just how hipsters dress.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
There's definitely a distinction in Portland between the genuinely homeless, mentally ill or addicted type people and the kids who just hang out on the street to be cool before heading back to their nice home in the suburbs. But there was a LOT of both.

• 1Like

trex

Queen Bee
They aren't homeless. That's just how hipsters dress.
There's definitely a distinction in Portland between the genuinely homeless, mentally ill or addicted type people and the kids who just hang out on the street to be cool before heading back to their nice home in the suburbs. But there was a LOT of both.

The "homeless" teens here are an epidemic. It is in sane. While it's true that some of them have their parents houses they can go to, there is a lot of poverty around here and I'm sure they have some shit situations at home.

I think of Portland's street kids as like a ...what's the word I'm looking for... Support group. A lot of teenagers everywhere have shitty lives, shitty parents, and not a lot of money. Here they get together and do drugs, drop out of HS, have sex in public places, GET FUCKING PREGNANT, and harass the rest of us who don't take the easy way out. Try and sell us their food stamp card and "swear it has $75 on it, I'll give it to you for $20". You could call them runaways. I don't know what the deal is with all of them downtown... wish they'd go somewhere else like Gresham.

The pregnant ones get me. It take two seconds to get OHP if you go to any hospital. They cover everything, like you know, abortions... When I was pregnant with my first and walking around and I would see these young kids with enormous bellies it would make my stomach hurt. I was scrambling getting everything prepared-- it was overwhelming. And I had money & support. Then these kids. Like what are they going to do with that baby? What is that babies life going to be like?

Well, actually I tell you what they're going to do with the baby. Their going to keep it and live of gov food, housing and whatever that cash is called that they get. Makes me want to be a republican. I'm all for people doing what they can and social services picking up the slack. But these blatant bad decisions. Kills me.

• 1Like

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I've been seeing a lot of the homeless people use their children as a means to get more money. As if using dogs to get money wasn't bad enough, they've got to make little shit spawn to get money for their dope habit.

One girl the other day was asking for money and everyone told her no, then she leaned down to her kid and said "Don't worry, I'm gonna get you that happy meal"

trex

Queen Bee
One girl the other day was asking for money and everyone told her no, then she leaned down to her kid and said "Don't worry, I'm gonna get you that happy meal"

FFS. Get on fucking WIC and give him milk, chicken and beans and cheese! Wtf! Ask someone for, what's a happy meal cost? $5? To feed the child sewage? A+ parenting. I worked at a brewery for a couple years and there was a girl that would stand out front with a sign that said. "Pregnant, homeless, need money" and would hold her belly like a pregnant woman bonding with her unborn baby would. Belly never got any bigger. Total piece of shit person. She was there for years

One day I was hella pregnant and hormonal and walking to noodles & co and there was this girl, skinny as hell-- like sick skinny-- with a pregnant belly sitting in the sunshine on a hot day. I threw a $10 at her, yelled at her to sit in the shade and feed that baby. She didn't even have a water bottle next to her. In July.

trex

Queen Bee
I'm not going to sit here and say I treated my body like a holy grail during my pregnancy, but these girls...it's like ignorance. They don't even know what they should be doing. And if they're homeless (obvious no family support and no money) and don't know what to do when they're pregnant, what are they going to do with a baby? A baby is so hard if you know exactly what you're doing, feel prepared, have money, a husband, two sets of grandparents and a great moms group. Kills me. They need to put BC in the heroin supply here or something. It's out of control.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
FFS. Get on fucking WIC and give him milk, chicken and beans and cheese! Wtf! Ask someone for, what's a happy meal cost? $5? To feed the child sewage? A+ parenting. I worked at a brewery for a couple years and there was a girl that would stand out front with a sign that said. "Pregnant, homeless, need money" and would hold her belly like a pregnant woman bonding with her unborn baby would. Belly never got any bigger. Total piece of shit person. She was there for years

One day I was hella pregnant and hormonal and walking to noodles & co and there was this girl, skinny as hell-- like sick skinny-- with a pregnant belly sitting in the sunshine on a hot day. I threw a $10 at her, yelled at her to sit in the shade and feed that baby. She didn't even have a water bottle next to her. In July.

Congratulations, you just bought her a bag of dope.

• 1Like