Preacher

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Expanded Second Season?

Awesome. I have a feeling this show will go down as being really underrated, but gain immense popularity after it concludes. The cinematography is truly superb and the storyline is more interesting than the way they're attempting to sell it to potential audiences.

I don't even notice cinematography usually. Goes to show how well it is done here IMO.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
What AMC needs to do is not wait until right before the second season to put the first on Netflix like they typically do. They added the second season of Turn to Netflix on April 11th. The third season premiered on April 13th. For a show like this, they need to be able to depend on word-of-mouth to build an audience, and that's not going to happen if the episodes aren't readily accessible when someone recommends the show.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Haha , what a great episode. Show just turned it up to 11. The respawning brought me back to eq days

epic first 20 minutes

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Getting damn good. Fire and whatever the Angels are actually better than their book versions in this show. I didn't really give a shit about them in the books, but I really like the characters in the show. Especially how they deal with the Human world.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Haha , what a great episode. Show just turned it up to 11. The respawning brought me back to eq days

epic first 20 minutes
lol I was dying laughing. Especially with all the respawns and shit going on off screen, but then when Cas walks in just this room full of dead bodies stacked. Almost lost it cracking up so much.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that was the best opening segment to a show in recent memory. The ending was pretty wtf too. Man I really enjoy this show. I guess I should read the comics at some point, but I don't want to spoil things either.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, that was the best opening segment to a show in recent memory. The ending was pretty wtf too. Man I really enjoy this show. I guess I should read the comics at some point, but I don't want to spoil things either.
It really was an iconic opening, i laughed at the first couple respawns but then they kept with it and brought back a ton of memories. It was odd when the opening credits rolled and I had to look at the clock

velk

Trakanon Raider
I can't help but feel shouting 'come back' in the general direction of hell using the Voice Which Must Be Obeyed is probably a minor tactical error 8)

Column_sl

shitlord
The series is bat shit insane. I think Jesse doesn't use the voice to bring Eugene back because he feels it was the will of God that took him there to begin with.

His motives are really sketchy right now.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Really curious as to the nature of Quincannon's Serve God order now.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The series is bat shit insane. I think Jesse doesn't use the voice to bring Eugene back is because he feels it was the will of God that took him there to begin with.

His motives are really sketchy right now.
Yeah, I feel Genesis is starting to overpower Jesse, as far as motive/personality.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Genesis doesn't change the nature of those it effects, so Quincannon will server God as his nature would lead him too. I am also curious whether or not Genesis has its own personality, or if its just a "power".

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Cassidy is one of my favorite characters right now. He's just great in every scene.

It is kind of hard getting behind Preacher when he's not giving a fuck about all the shitty things he's doing. Hopefully it does show that he was affected or something, otherwise he's kind of a shittier human being than even his history would indicate. (Yes, I realize that he is finally trying to do something about Eugene at the end. He's still being a sack of shit.)

Cybsled

Really curious as to the nature of Quincannon's Serve God order now.
Genesis isn't God and they make it clear in the show that Genesis has powers that could rival God or surpass them. That would mean God might fear Genesis, so serving God would mean going against Genesis.

Caliane

Serve God is very vague.

How? and which God? Old testament god? New testament god? Jewish God? Muslim God? that river god out back which demands sacrifice?
Preacher comic god is insane, paranoid, and given up on the universe. Serving God, in gods current state, vs the Bible, vs a persons interpretation of the Bible(stoning adulterers, etc..)

Could even be a "to serve man" joke.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Cassidy is one of my favorite characters right now. He's just great in every scene.

It is kind of hard getting behind Preacher when he's not giving a fuck about all the shitty things he's doing. Hopefully it does show that he was affected or something, otherwise he's kind of a shittier human being than even his history would indicate. (Yes, I realize that he is finally trying to do something about Eugene at the end. He's still being a sack of shit.)
It does though, you can see how it is affecting him especially with the Eugene stuff. He was originally kinda wtf'ing about Eugene then he kinda gets a look over his face and just doesn't care anymore. It isn't til he starts thinking about the promise he made his Dad that he's like wtf did I do. Part of it is that he really believes he's doing God's work, and I think he's just now starting to realize that something is up with Genesis.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Serve God is very vague.

How? and which God? Old testament god? New testament god? Jewish God? Muslim God? that river god out back which demands sacrifice?
Preacher comic god is insane, paranoid, and given up on the universe. Serving God, in gods current state, vs the Bible, vs a persons interpretation of the Bible(stoning adulterers, etc..)

Could even be a "to serve man" joke.
Not only that, but what "god" means to someone could be a very personal interpretation. People have used religion to justify some pretty horrific things, so it's not too much of a leap to say hecouldbe serving the same god Jesse is, but they haveverydifferent ideas about what that means.