Preacher

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah, that was the best opening segment to a show in recent memory. The ending was pretty wtf too. Man I really enjoy this show. I guess I should read the comics at some point, but I don't want to spoil things either.
So far aside from names, what his voice does, and character attributes nothing has been the same.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think y'all are way off on that. It isn't about the show's God, Bible God, or any of that shit. It IS about how those compelled by The Voice interpret what they are told to do.

Like the guy who cut is heart out as he took it literally. When I meant the "nature" of the order he was giving its more like, what does Quincannon consider to be God? How is he serving it by killing off people and such?

Seems more like he considers himself, money, or power god or something like that. Also he's just generally creepy as fuck as you see him listening to animals being slaughtered from his office all day.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think y'all are way off on that. It isn't about the show's God, Bible God, or any of that shit. It IS about how those compelled by The Voice interpret what they are told to do.

Like the guy who cut is heart out as he took it literally. When I meant the "nature" of the order he was giving its more like, what does Quincannon consider to be God? How is he serving it by killing off people and such?

Seems more like he considers himself, money, or power god or something like that. Also he's just generally creepy as fuck as you see him listening to animals being slaughtered from his office all day.
Everyone interprets the voice literally. In the comics Jesse tells someone to go fuck themselves, and they rip their ding dong off and jam it up their own ass.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
If you like Joseph Gilgun AKA Cassidy, check out Lockout on netflix. He is basically the same character.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This show is fucking great, so glad its renewed. Sucked when Eugene turned out not to be real, and we got to see why Cancannon was mowing down the people. Not sure what to think of the final scene with the machine over heating, was thinking that was maybe Arsface coming back

Also didnt put together the shit with Tulip and the dog. =(

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Oh, I guess I misunderstood that. What did Tulip feed that dog to exactly? Seems I'm out of it today.

EDIT: Ohhh, its Cassidy.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
So like, is Quincannons meat plant going to go mega pressure and explode the town? They already set up that the plant causes hooker-eating holes in the ground.

Homsar

The ear drum thing was kind of dumb. Just get headphones then. And isnt genisis power supposed to rival gods ?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Genesis itself is equivalent to God. But it is an "infant" if you will and has no Will of its own. It sought out Jessie so it could attach itself to something's will.

In doing this the power of Genesis is only as great as the Will it is attached to. Jessie cannot comprehend the power of God so it represents itself with The Word.

This was the comic explanation.

Homsar

The angels on the show are maybe my favorite parts. Hopefully they dont go away anytime soon. Cas and jesse were digging 2 graves inthe preview but I dout Iits them

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
Oh, I guess I misunderstood that. What did Tulip feed that dog to exactly? Seems I'm out of it today.

EDIT: Ohhh, its Cassidy.
Lol stay with us here.
smile.png

Good episode. That town is major fucked up, but I'm almost 100% certain I'd enjoy watching Civil War reenactors assault a well-defended church as well. I mean, he shot that guy's dick off and everything! It's lawn chair and Miller time, baby.

She should have fed Cassidy enough mice to get him mobile so he could go eat a cow in a field or something. Instead she chooses Marmaduke.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
This shit is downright boring. I understand that a show needs time to develop characters and contextualize things a bit, but after 8 episodes the show's plot is still spinning its wheels. The plodding dialogue and shifting camera perspectives don't exactly make up for the lack of action.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Supertouch, you made me agree with Column, which makes you four times as gay as normal. Not the good kind of gay where you have good fashion and art sense, obviously. The bad kind of gay where you act like you believe you are Nathan Lane, but people really think your the fat fruit from Modern Family.

This show is extremely well crafted on all levels.