Preacher

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Goatface

Live +7 numbers
18-49 = 1.2 up from 0.6 (100%)
Total viewers
3.105 mill up from 1.411 mill (83%)

which is good as s2e3 was a series low
0.4 18-49 and 1.11mill total viewers

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I really enjoy this show. Show feels like it's only 30 minutes long. One of my favorites on TV right now. I've never read any comics and this is the first time I've watched a comic show/film and thought that maybe I should read the source material.

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really enjoy this show. Show feels like it's only 30 minutes long. One of my favorites on TV right now. I've never read any comics and this is the first time I've watched a comic show/film and thought that maybe I should read the source material.

Just FYI, the show is very different than the comics, plot line wise. The main quest (find God) and the characters are the same, but how everything is playing out is very different.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
They seem to have re-arranged a lot of things, from what I can remember anyway, but they are using the same characters/plots. The road trip nature of the comic makes it so they can mix and match different things somewhat easily. It's working so far, and it helps ease the viewers into the more crazy shit. Yes, more crazy then Hitler in Hell, a vampire and the Voice of God.
But, stuff that happened so far in the show may pop up much later in the comics, and vice versa. I do recommend reading them, though. Dunno if you'd want to wait till the show is done or not, tough call.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I think that though the show doesn't follow the comic at all times, it has the spirit of the comic, so to speak.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Hitler's worst memory was a Jew bumping into him at a cafe? That's actually pretty hilarious.

• 1Like

Grez

Molten Core Raider
Hitler's worst memory was a Jew bumping into him at a cafe? That's actually pretty hilarious.

It's that and the chick he wants to bang peer-pressuring him into hating the communists; it's as if she's the one who leads him down the path of the Fuhrer and he knows it.

I love this 'Eugene in hell' plot, sucks that it wasn't in this episode.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
yea, 'Elsa was the real evil!' is where it's going with that. Hitler as just some weak little nice guy is kind of hilarious, in a fucked up way.

• 1Like

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
They need to do something with Cassidy badly. He is starting to be a third wheel and is quickly becoming uninteresting. The only interesting thing he has done on the show so far was butchering a plane full of folks and then jumping out of the plane without a parachute. That was in the first episode and he has been somewhat lame since.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
They need to do something with Cassidy badly. He is starting to be a third wheel and is quickly becoming uninteresting. The only interesting thing he has done on the show so far was butchering a plane full of folks and then jumping out of the plane without a parachute. That was in the first episode and he has been somewhat lame since.
Yea, i was thinking the same thing. In the comics, he was as much of a badass as jesse, just in a different way. He was a bettet fighter and is practically unkillable if he has blood available. When jesse doesnt use the Word, which he is trying not to, cass is more their muscle then him. But, in the show so far, hes just been a bit of a bitch because of his feelings for tulip. They need to give him some more fight scenes soon.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I actually forgot all about that airplane scene. That was badass.

• 1Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
So is The Saint mortal now with a little bit of soul in him or did Jesse deep six him alive because he's still immortal?

• 1Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still immortal imho. I mean, if he will just die in a couple days from dehydration, that would defeat the purpose of not sending him to hell.

Still, man Jesse is an idiot. Its not out of character or anything. but god damn, there is no way that won't end badly. Betray and piss off immortal unstoppable killing machine full of hate. great idea. Didnt even use the Word to tell him to stay there, or anything..

• 2Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
The Word eventually wears off when given as a command. They showed this with Kilganon in season one. When he told him 'serve God' or whatever, at first it worked perfectly, but then he changed its meaning (to the 'god of meat') to explain his behavior. The effect had worn off.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
The Word eventually wears off when given as a command. They showed this with Kilganon in season one. When he told him 'serve God' or whatever, at first it worked perfectly, but then he changed its meaning (to the 'god of meat') to explain his behavior. The effect had worn off.

No, 'God' to him never meant what it meant to Jesse.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

No, the idea is that the Word only allows for the literal meaning. Your intent is not transferred. Quincannon's Word didn't wear off he never understood God as the Christian God. Not once. This is why it confused Jesse.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
How did Jesse know about the Soul Market? Is that whole setup something new?

• 1Like

Caliane

dad and criminal past..
Did seem a bit odd to suddenly drop that. "oh I totally already knew about actual magic." granted, we can assume, he just thought it was bullshit before.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Tulip asks him about it and he mentions he knew because of family business, but that is all they have explained thus far.

Soul wouldnt really be considered magic if he was legit religious. Jesse is an idiot, though. While I understand his hesitation about sending the Saint of Killers to hell since technically 1% of Jesse's soul was in him and you really don't want your soul to go there, the Saint getting his family back is legit the only way to end his murdering spree and that swamp prison is going to hold him forever.

• 1Like

Caliane

yeah, smart jessie would have just been like. "go to your family, and seek redemption." or, "be at peace, and be with your family."

But, yeah, he is neither smart, or forgiving. took it upon himself to judge the saint.

• 1Like