Preacher

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You guys have to be right about the Serephim, for some reason I thought the angels mentioned demons or those from hell want its power to fight heaven. Need to go back and watch that episode, for some reason I didnt think Fiore/Deblanc were outcasts. Now it adds up, they sent the Seraphim because they refused the calls from heaven

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You guys have to be right about the Serephim, for some reason I thought the angels mentioned demons or those from hell want its power to fight heaven. Need to go back and watch that episode

Nah, they just mentioned that any angel or demon that knew would want the power for their own.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Awesome show, awesome finale...I cannot wait for season 2.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Got all caught up. I like the Saint of Killers change, because I always thought his origin of killing the Devil was a bit silly. I am guessing his personal hell was reliving that same event over and over or something? Strange way to portray that. I almost got annoyed at the 10 minutes of recap on the SoK origin story there.

Church fight was awesome, shit nuke was awesome. Such an underrated show at the moment. All of it was so well shot. I chuckled at the making a baby cry comment and that half the churchgoers were wearing stupid costumes for some reason. Top notch scoring as well.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
So.. someone refresh my memory, I thought this season was supposedly telling a prequel to the comics, but I remember most of these characters in the comics.. but now they are all dead. Are they just changing that from the comic storyline?

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Seems that it was a prequel in the sense that the season was a setup for their "on the road looking for God" story arch. Which is basically the whole series.

Can't really have a road show with small town randoms popping up for silly reasons. Count it as a blessing.

• 1Like

Caliane

yeah, saint of killers was always just the edgiest of edgy 12 year old shit.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Seems that it was a prequel in the sense that the season was a setup for their "on the road looking for God" story arch. Which is basically the whole series.

Can't really have a road show with small town randoms popping up for silly reasons. Count it as a blessing.

No.. sure, I agree with that. I'm just saying I don't remember how I know all those characters (such as arseface and his dad) from the comic if they were on the road the whole time. It's been a decade since I read them. Was it flashbacks or did part of the story take place in the town too?

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
No.. sure, I agree with that. I'm just saying I don't remember how I know all those characters (such as arseface and his dad) from the comic if they were on the road the whole time. It's been a decade since I read them. Was it flashbacks or did part of the story take place in the town too?

The sheriff dies fairly early into the comics. Arseface goes on several adventures during the comics.

They never go back to Annville during the comics. They did go to Salvation, TX. A different small town where Quincannon lived.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Ok, yea, that's refreshing my memory a bit more. Thanks man.

In any case, I'm glad they are changing the story a little bit here and there, it helps keep the comic readers from knowing EXACTLY what is going to happen next. Similar to Walking Dead. It's boring to just see a page for page remake made.

• 1Like

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
I tried to avoid looking up too many spoilers from the comics, getting an impression was a good thing.

Coming at this series without really knowing what the fuck is going on is half of the fun. Can't wait for Season 2.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Can't wait for this to get back. The motel fight scene was some of the best tv last year.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Ahh one of the joys of summer. Remember when TV used to just be repeats during the summer months? Now we get completely different seasonal fare!

I still maintain that Joeseph Gilgun was put on this earth expressly for the purpose of playing Cassidy.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Really enjoyed this the first time around. Never even heard of the comic. Perfect amount of weird.

• 1Like