Pregnancy Thread

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I found that book to be pedantic and shallow. Basically a waste of money.

Dad Is Fat - Kindle edition by Jim Gaffigan. Humor Entertainment Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

This book would be a better read and while it won't tell you how to parent but it will give you funny and interesting insights on what a parent goes through.
There is only one proper book for a man like Tuco.
Be Prepared: Gary Greenberg, Jeannie Hayden: 9780743251549: Amazon.com: Books

An indispensable survival manual for guys entering the trenches of fatherhood, Be Prepared is loaded with one-of-a-kind insights, MacGyver-esque tips and tricks, and no-nonsense advice for mastering the first year as a dad.

Finally, a book that teaches men all the things they really need to know about fatherhood...including how to:

. change a baby at a packed sports stadium
. create a decoy drawer full of old wallets, remote controls, and cell phones to throw baby off the scent of your real gear
. stay awake (or at least upright) at work
. babyproof a hotel room in four minutes flat
. construct an emergency diaper out of a towel, a sock, and duct tape

Packed with helpful diagrams and detailed instructions, and delivered with a wry sense of humor, Be Prepared is the ultimate guide for sleep-deprived, applesauce-covered fathers everywhere.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Man waiting until Thursday for The Test is torture. Although in the past week since transfer she has been queasy, her nips have been incredibly tender, and every night she's been waking up in the middle of the night wide awake which is not a normal thing for her. We're hoping these are all Good Signs.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Not to be a Debbie downer, because I am totally rooting for you of course, but you can't put to much stock into "symptoms" because the meds can easily cause them. Probably up to you on whether your wife is better off being more grounded in knowing and recognizing that or if the hopefulness counter-acts the stress that may or may not cause issues. I know for my wife it was important to keep her grounded because during our whole process she would fall HARD if she got her hopes to high only to be let down.

Hope too hear good news Thursday!

As for us, I am currently sitting in the doctors office for our 38 week appointment. So basically we are in "any day now" territory. Strangely enough I am pretty calm and feel ready. Either 4 years of wanting this has mentally prepared me or I am extremely naive. Probably a little (or a lot) of both.
wink.png

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Oh yeah I know it's really all just coincidental at this point but last two times she was pregnant she had similar symptoms. So my fingers will definitely be staying crossed till we get news.
She had a miscarriage and then I guess you could call it a failed pregnancy. No miscarriage but based on several pregnancy tests she was technically pregnant but it just didn't take. Her numbers peaked fairly low and then they just started dropping. Didn't need a DNC or anything like the miscarriage but it was still pretty rough on her.
While ghetto trash spit out babies. Kind of infuriating. Lol

And good luck to you.
wink.png

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Well here we go again. Beta came back at 71. Last cycle it started at 68 and never progressed beyond that. That time however her hormone levels were garbage and weren't even close to being in range to support healthy embryo development. Our new doctor added to our protocol to address that and her levels are in MUCH better ranges this time so hopefully we'll have a different outcome. Back on Monday for another test.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Beta went from 71 on Thurs to 243 today! I think she's preggers finally!! I'm knocking on every piece of wood I see.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Beta went from 71 on Thurs to 243 today! I think she's preggers finally!! I'm knocking on every piece of wood I see.
Great News! Man, I remember the stress of waiting for those test results to come back. Even when we got the good numbers back it didn't really sink in till our ultrasound.

You guys doing an ultrasound 6-8 weeks out?

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Thanks! The only thing now is our first milestone would be the 10-12 week mark. That's when we lost the first one.
frown.png

Nothing scheduled yet as far as I know but we'll definitely be having the ultrasound. My wife would lose her mind if we didn't. lol

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Ha ha yeah, I hear ya. Our IVF doctors didn't want to sign us off to our regular gyno until they did the (I think) 8 week ultrasound. By the time that date rolled around it was very obvious from all the bloodwork that she was preggers and told us we could opt out if we wanted to, since insurance wouldn't cover an ultrasound at our IVF clinic. No way in hell my wife was skipping that, but I'm glad we didn't skip it because seeing that heartbeat was... well, you'll see
wink.png

Also hear ya on the milestone things. We had a miscarriage during the first trimester as well plus my wife has seeneverythingwhile working labor and delivery. 9 months of worrying, no way around that. Getting past the first trimester was a huge relief though.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Thank you. Yeah, not gonna lie neither of us will be at ease until I hear baby crying. I'll feel better after 12 weeks at least.
smile.png

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah I'm going to need it. This is going to be a long long pregnancy. Already walking on broken glass around here. ugh

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Fetus was kicking my wife too much so I walked over and started scolding it and telling it to settle down then I put my hand over where it kicks and it kicked me. Little shit is going to be a handful.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fetus was kicking my wife too much so I walked over and started scolding it and telling it to settle down then I put my hand over where it kicks and it kicked me. Little shit is going to be a handful.
Lol! Awesome! Wife is 38 weeks in a few days, and she can't wait to have the baby. She's chopped all her hair off. I think that's a normal thing, apparently according to her FB friends, to get hair chopped really short right before having the baby.

lindz

#DDs
Lol! Awesome! Wife is 38 weeks in a few days, and she can't wait to have the baby. She's chopped all her hair off. I think that's a normal thing, apparently according to her FB friends, to get hair chopped really short right before having the baby.
Yup I did that with my second baby. My usually mid back to butt length hair was cut to my shoulders. Husband was not pleased.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
She is a mess today. Another blood test today. She had to rush back home after leaving because of diarrhea and was all upset she was going to be late for work.
frown.png
But she is one of the few where work isn't going to bat an eye at her being a little late. After calming her a little I guess she headed out. This whole thing takes like 8'ish weeks total right? Not 8'ish months? lol

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Thank you. Yeah, not gonna lie neither of us will be at ease until I hear baby crying. I'll feel better after 12 weeks at least.
smile.png
Congrats man!!! My wife and I had to go through treatments for our first child. I know what you're going through. We were in a clinic every single weak for 12 or so weeks before going to the OBGYN doctor. I know how nerve wracking it was and could wait to hear that baby crying.

Our second child was conceived the old fashioned way oddly enough.

Get ready for your wife to never be the same again!