Pregnancy Thread

My wife was like that the 1st trimester, then she calmed down a bit once she felt him move, then it was you think everything is ok, when she hadn't felt him move in a bit, now with 20 days left, she just wants it over with.
Yeah I'm about 17.5 weeks and I've had some flutters but no real definitive or continuous movement....I can't remember when it happened with my son; I think it was like the second week in Feb when I first felt anything so I would have been.....right around 17-18 weeks again. So I am trying (fairly successfully thus far) to be pretty chill about it and not let the paranoia creep in. I have the anatomy scan a week from this coming thurs so having an ultrasound in 11 days helps too.

I'm definitely showing more this time around - I'm sure that's partially to do with the fact that it's my second and partially due to the fact that my body is a little bit smaller than it's been in the past. The heartburn is.....I forgot to take my 150mg of zantac last night (I take it twice a day)....I woke up about 6 am and I wanted to punch someone and threw up a whole bunch of stomach acids.

Just going to finish the bottle and switch over to nexium. I'll be almost 20 weeks so whatever. I'll be on it about 10 weeks earlier than last time but again shit seems to be moving a lot faster this time in general.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
My wife started on the 75mg zantac once a day, then twice a day, now she's at 150mg twice a day. What's strange is she found that if she took a prenatal with the DHA, it gave her horrible heartburn but if the takes a prenatal without the DHA and then a separate DHA pill it doesn't. But then just looking at a tomato or orange would give her heartburn.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just got back from our 12 week appointment. Got to hear the baby's heartbeat and it as pretty overwhelmingly awesome for me. Looks like the baby and my wife are both still healthy.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
That's good to hear :)

8 week appointment on thursday. I hope everything is alright.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
We just had our 12 week appt. too. Everything looks great. Could now clearly see each appendage. They were still too small the last ultrasound. Was very cool that we could see the brain and how it was developing too. Best part was seeing quite a bit of movement. Little thing looked like it was exercising. Probably not a fan of the US being blasted at it. lol

Good luck Ronaan. Those first few weeks were nerve wracking for me up until we got passed where our miscarriage had been week wise. Feel much better about things now though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Play dates? What am I, some faggot hipster parent? My kid is going to make friends like I did. By being forced outside all day.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
So....

IT'S A BOY!
smile.png

Got the results from the screening blood tests today. Was feeling pretty dumpy today but that turned around when my wife called me after she got the call. Nolan Marc is the name we've chosen. Shits about to get real yo!

When the fuck did I become an adult? God damn lol

lindz

#DDs
Congrats on the boy Tred!

My house is so full of girls that I couldn't imagine what a little boy would be like.

Congrats Tred!!!

Our 20 week scan (we had at 19 weeks) was last fri - the Verifi test results have been sitting in our file for almost 2 months with the sex of the baby whited out in them so neither us nor our doctors knows (she likes being surprised because apparently no one waits to find out anymore)....but we almost caved at the 20 week scan. Waiting to find out is MUCH harder this time around. We'd be happy with either for different reasons but I'd slightly prefer another boy. Penises=so much easier. Vaginas scare the ever loving shit out of me. More problems with diaper rash, uti's, yeast infection, vagina can close up.....I'm like dude once the circumcision healed it was wipe any direction you want for messes. But that's not the reason really - we'd just love another little boy for our kid to play with. The clothing reuse factor is also awesome. And we really like our boy name. But we like our girl name too - after my grandmother (I am named after my mom's grandmother) so family tradition and all that. Plus glitter and sparkles are fun. So happy with either - guess we will find out in March.

Can't believe as of Halloween we are halfway done. Shit is flying by. I caved early on the Nexium and am on that now - fuck I forgot how much better that stuff is than zantac. Also in re kicks and movement; my gut instinct was right. I was feeling less movement this time around and a bit later. 20 week scan showed anterior placenta. So longer time before I can really feel daily movement to get rid of that nagging 'is everything ok' voice ahead for me. Can't change it. Funnily enough this baby, at least for ultrasounds, is a shitton more active than my son was in utero. And I feel it less. (A lot less). Other than that everything looks great.

We've done absolutely nothing to our shit in order for the nursery. Waiting until after Xmas.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Grats :)

A boy would be nice for our 2nd but I don't really care as long as the kid is healthy. Our first, a girl, has enough little devil genes in her to pass as a boy if you don't judge her by the clothes, but by behaviour instead.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't care what I have as long as it's healthy. We aren't finding out on this one for sure.

Her birthday is next week so I bought her this book that is sort of a journal for the entire experience. You add in pictures as you go, fill in the blank things like "I think you are a ____ (sex)", "I feel _____" etc.

Hope it's not lame :\

Arative

Vyemm Raider
My wife is giving birth tomorrow with scheduled c-section. Seems like a the past 9 months flew by for me, probably not for her though.
We found out the sex at 15 weeks, mostly because my wife couldn't stand not knowing. I think it had to do more with how she wanted to decorate the nursery than anything. I was on fence about finding out or not finding out. Surprises are sometimes good but it sure was easier picking out stuff to register for when you know you're having a boy.