Pregnancy Thread

Actually ranges to completely covering them too. Zoey was having problems latching on, so the nurses at the hospital took care of all the back end insurance shit and got us one covered, and she was born in August of '11.
I thought I implied this with "our insurance fully covered no deductible the cost of an electric....."......

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
It was more in relation to this --

It can range from the company covering the cost of a rental to a 50 dollar reimbursement to a partial payment on certain pumps.
No partial, no reimbursement, no rental.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just got the hospital bill for our son's birth/wife's 4 day stay in hospital - $67k. I almost shit a brick when I asked my wife what our share was - only $230 so not a biggie, but... damn. If I let my mind do the math of the average # of births/day at this hospital... why are healthcare costs going up astronomically?

On an unrelated note, my son has hardcore hobbit hair on both his ears. Well, really more like werewolf hair /chuckle When does this stuff usually come off? He's 7 weeks old at this point.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It takes a few months for the hair to go away. If you look at the really early preemie baby pictures, those kids are covered in fur, it is simultaneously horrifying and adorable.

Archangel_sl

shitlord
Just got the hospital bill for our son's birth/wife's 4 day stay in hospital - $67k. I almost shit a brick when I asked my wife what our share was - only $230 so not a biggie, but... damn. If I let my mind do the math of the average # of births/day at this hospital... why are healthcare costs going up astronomically?

On an unrelated note, my son has hardcore hobbit hair on both his ears. Well, really more like werewolf hair /chuckle When does this stuff usually come off? He's 7 weeks old at this point.
Sixty-seventhousand?!?! Are you fucking serious?? God damn, I love the Australian health care system.

Sixty-seventhousand?!?! Are you fucking serious?? God damn, I love the Australian health care system.
Dude. Our healthcare system of having a third party profit driven entity in the middle is awesome. What are you smoking? We're WINNING in the US. We spend more money on healthcare than anyone else. That means we're the best.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I told my wife what you said about the breast pump and she just said... oh okay.

fucking women

They going to try and turn it? Coworker of mine had that done (don't remember which week) - they did it and the baby flipped AGAIN like 10 mins afterwards so they had to do it twice. Second time stuck.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
our friend's baby is frank breach... she is at 34 weeks and the baby has been like this for like 4 weeks now.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Dude. Our healthcare system of having a third party profit driven entity in the middle is awesome. What are you smoking? We're WINNING in the US. We spend more money on healthcare than anyone else. That means we're the best.
I was pretty sad to hear a US co-worker tell me how much it costs her (after insurance) to have her baby. I think the grand total, including all prenatal checkups, hospital stay, etc, was somewhere around $10,000++
frown.png

Should've joined the mobile infantry. Service guarantees citizenship!

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
We heated bottles for about a month after our first kid and then stopped. Babies have no natural temperature preference, they'll take it cold just as well as warm. There's really no reason to do it other than just wanting to do it.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
We heated bottles for about a month after our first kid and then stopped. Babies have no natural temperature preference, they'll take it cold just as well as warm. There's really no reason to do it other than just wanting to do it.
Tell that to both my kids :S

That Munchkin warmer is a must-have imo

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
All these crazy medical bills just makes me laugh that throughout the entire 9 months of pregnancy/birth my biggest expenditure was gas for the car and parking. My 2 day stay in the hospital for the birth cost $20 and the overnight parking was $24.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So how convenient is something likethis? My wife is due on 5/12 with our first child and I'm trying to be as prepared as I can.
Meh. We have one and used it maybe two or three times over two kids. Strollers are boss since you can cram the diaper bag in there, and baby can sleep in his/her seat.

I dunno...maybe if you like hiking with babies?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Tell that to both my kids :S

That Munchkin warmer is a must-have imo
We did use it for a short time, and that thing is badass. Heats bottles really quickly.

But yeah, I kind of group it into things that people tell you are necessary and turn out to be only as necessary as you make them. Like wipe warmers. Total waste of money, but some people swear by them.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
So how convenient is something likethis? My wife is due on 5/12 with our first child and I'm trying to be as prepared as I can.
What Adibisi said, pretty much. I think we used ours once or twice. I used it once in the store and it was really, really uncomfortable. My wife tried the Mobi wrap, it is ok, probably better than those Baby Bjorn carriers, but not more awesome than our double stroller, and not more convenient than an umbrella stroller. In NYC we found it easier to put the umbrella stroller in the basket of the double stroller in case we needed it rather than fuck around witha carrier.