Prey

Oldbased

> Than U
2018 movie was the Oliva Munn one, which was dogshit. Like was pointed out, that was the one where that one Predator wanted the genes from an austic kid because it supposedly would help it with the evolving shit it was doing or w/e

The Adrian Brody one was from 2010. I do agree the 2010 one was decent.
Saved. Thank you. I just can't believe it's been 12 freakin years. Where has my life went.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Watched this last night.

Special effects predator: Good.
Redesign of the way the predator looked: Bad.
Some little whiny emo Comanche kid fighting the predator and winning when an entire team of special force mercs with advanced 80's weapons technology couldn't take one out save the end: Hilarious.

I am sick of the re-writing of history for the sake of woke bullshit. Even a few websites are talking about that nonsense now in history lessons. It is quite literally being rewritten and starts with media entertainment.

Women - Gathering Food and Cooking​

The Comanche were hunters and gatherers and, as was often the case with such cultures, women were in charge of the gathering. Since the Comanche were a polygamous society, one or more women might be attached to a single man and care for him by collecting nuts, berries and other wild vegetation near their camp. Women prepared meals for their men with the food they gathered and the meat brought home by hunters.

Women - The Home​

Women were also responsible for the home, which was usually a tee pee made form hides and wood. They did not simply clean the home. Women had to actually build the tee pee, even if that meant carrying heavy wood and erecting the structure themselves. They were also charged with raising children. Men would take charge of older boys, but women raised the girls and prepared them for marriage and motherhood.

For the Comanche, women did muster for the defense of their territory when under attack from other tribes as a result of battles of attrition - but it always spelled the end of the battle and their defense. Always.

Either way, there were distinct roles. With the exception of BUffalo Calf Road - but even then it was all conjecture and usually only brought up now in the Woke era.

Maybe one of these days we can have a good predator movie again.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
It's hard to watch but this was Shane blacks predator that was supposed to save the series. Skip to 1 minute in
I still haven't watched that one, but I did watch the red letter Media review, and that's probably good enough. Maybe if I decide to sit down one evening and get pretty drunk I might fire it up, but the chances are pretty low.

Juvarisx

Florida
I still haven't watched that one, but I did watch the red letter Media review, and that's probably good enough. Maybe if I decide to sit down one evening and get pretty drunk I might fire it up, but the chances are pretty low.

Its not even worth it drunk, you are better off watching Predator 2

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Some little whiny emo Comanche kid fighting the predator and winning when an entire team of special force mercs with advanced 80's weapons technology couldn't take one out save the end: Hilarious.

I am sick of the re-writing of history for the sake of woke bullshit. Even a few websites are talking about that nonsense now in history lessons. It is quite literally being rewritten and starts with media entertainment.

i get your point but its a little odd to bring out history in a movie where an alien is attacking earth. pretty sure that never happened. but yeah, I get it, whats the line you draw? If suddenly the natives were all played by white actors doing 50s style john Wayne impressions people would be mad butt hurt, but changing history so that women were more combat oriented which seems unlikely in virtually every society on the planet is weird. Still, end of the day they wanted to make a movie about a young teenage girl fighting a Predator and I think this is the best version of that core idea. The worse idea is TLOU2'ing it up where she is a hulking beast who can go toe to toe against it while yelling about how she is fighting The Patriarchy, which is the movie I expected.

You are wrong though on the girl beating up the predator, she got her ass handed to her repeatedly, by pretty much everything she fought. While she got in a few hits on the predator it mostly kicked her ass, and it was only at half strength due to the massive beatings it had taken from the bear, the french, and her brother (who was the real warrior and kicked ass). She used smarts to beat it similar to Arnold's "plans within plans", she lured it into the quicksand which was a kill zone for the weapon, although I still don't exactly understand what happened with the bolts, tracking helmet, etc. Feels like there are some big leaps of logic in what happened at the end, like why wouldn't the Predator have a IFF (Friend or Foe) system built in for smart weapons? How could she even turn it on?

I thought the predator looked cool, I don't really understand why its face mask is SO different than the 1987 Predator mask, and I'm not sure did we ever get a good look at its face under the mask? I thought the scenes where it gutted the bear and all that blood poured out all over its body was fucking amazing. The fight scene too against the brother on horseback or against the french was really good.

Are there any internet spergs who dug up what the mask was? It looked like some sort of xenomorph skull but not really.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
i get your point but its a little odd to bring out history in a movie where an alien is attacking earth. pretty sure that never happened. but yeah, I get it, whats the line you draw? If suddenly the natives were all played by white actors doing 50s style john Wayne impressions people would be mad butt hurt, but changing history so that women were more combat oriented which seems unlikely in virtually every society on the planet is weird. Still, end of the day they wanted to make a movie about a young teenage girl fighting a Predator and I think this is the best version of that core idea. The worse idea is TLOU2'ing it up where she is a hulking beast who can go toe to toe against it while yelling about how she is fighting The Patriarchy, which is the movie I expected.

You are wrong though on the girl beating up the predator, she got her ass handed to her repeatedly, by pretty much everything she fought. While she got in a few hits on the predator it mostly kicked her ass, and it was only at half strength due to the massive beatings it had taken from the bear, the french, and her brother (who was the real warrior and kicked ass). She used smarts to beat it similar to Arnold's "plans within plans", she lured it into the quicksand which was a kill zone for the weapon, although I still don't exactly understand what happened with the bolts, tracking helmet, etc. Feels like there are some big leaps of logic in what happened at the end, like why wouldn't the Predator have a IFF (Friend or Foe) system built in for smart weapons? How could she even turn it on?

I thought the predator looked cool, I don't really understand why its face mask is SO different than the 1987 Predator mask, and I'm not sure did we ever get a good look at its face under the mask? I thought the scenes where it gutted the bear and all that blood poured out all over its body was fucking amazing. The fight scene too against the brother on horseback or against the french was really good.

Are there any internet spergs who dug up what the mask was? It looked like some sort of xenomorph skull but not really.

In my head the visor looked so different so the people on Earth would make up some myth or legend around a giant beast with a skull face that it sounds made up to anyone else that hears it like a Chupacobra or Bigfoot or something.

As for the arrows hitting the Predator, remember it lost the visor in a scene or two prior, maybe it thought she wouldn't have kept it since she couldn't use it or understand how the targeting worked and he could fire the bolts manually if it was gone or our of range. Since they see things all in red (as shown in Predator one) it couldn't see the targeting lasers pointed at itself without the visor to correct the vision. As for it turning on it seemed to do that automatically when the bolt gun was as well

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Watched this last night.

For the Comanche, women did muster for the defense of their territory when under attack from other tribes as a result of battles of attrition - but it always spelled the end of the battle and their defense. Always.

Either way, there were distinct roles. With the exception of BUffalo Calf Road - but even then it was all conjecture and usually only brought up now in the Woke era.

Maybe one of these days we can have a good predator movie again.

Did you miss the part where her older brother did a significant portion of damage to it, this weakening it and allowing her to get the kill

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

True on the 1st paragraph. I am just annoyed at it all. I would like at least the humans to have historical fact per the culture - but you do make good points in that she got her ass handed to her most of the movie. And yeah it could have been far far worse in the grand scheme of things. I did like the bear/blood thing myself. And I was wondering about the technology. Only thing I can think of is predators use baseline tech to keep the fights even somewhat close to the lowest demonination of what their enemies have - but I ruled that out when I saw the tracking system tossing out darts locked on to the Comanches.

The predator loves the challenge of the fight - but when they meet their match in an enemy that doesn't die right away it appears they want to go all melee to prove they are the better hand to hand combatant.

Only thing I can think of when it comes to the masks are different types of predators. The masks all do the same thing anyway - just different aesthetics. Once he lost the mask, he loses heat vision. Basically I read that they wanted to convey the time which was to make the mask similar to the early 18th century rather than modern day. A reason why his plasma launcher was not attached as well.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Did you miss the part where her older brother did a significant portion of damage to it, this weakening it and allowing her to get the kill

Except where ..

the predator killed himself? Yeah great ending.

• 1Picard

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Agree completely.

Cybsled

She wasn’t going to kill the Predator in a straight on fight. She knew this, so she tricked it into using using its lethal weapons against itself

The biggest logic leap IMO is when she figured out the herb made it so the Predator couldn’t see the wounded guy. Guy was playing dead, so why would you automatically come to the conclusion that the herb is why the Predator ignored him.

IMO it would have worked better if 2 people faked playing dead and the Predator saw through the trick on the guy who didn’t have herbs. Then you could make the logical leap that maybe the herb did something

• 2Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
She wasn’t going to kill the Predator in a straight on fight. She knew this, so she tricked it into using using its lethal weapons against itself

The biggest logic leap IMO is when she figured out the herb made it so the Predator couldn’t see the wounded guy. Guy was playing dead, so why would you automatically come to the conclusion that the herb is why the Predator ignored him.

IMO it would have worked better if 2 people faked playing dead and the Predator saw through the trick on the guy who didn’t have herbs. Then you could make the logical leap that maybe the herb did something

Yeah the herb was lol

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

While I am at it - how about a solid budget for a movie where female influence REALLY happened instead of a Comanche re-write of human history countermandering gender roles in early 1700's to insert a "Powerful Female" in a time period where it never fucking existed?

Maybe Steven Spielberg can start with Lyudmila Pavlichenko. Where are these types of movies? Because at least it would be historically accurate instead of everything having to be jammed down and laughable in a franchise. What, does Hollywood not think it will be watched unless they pigeon-hole that garbage in a popular IP? The only movie that lady got was some foreign film from 2015.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Personally, the fucking rope a dope hatchet and pinpoint final trap were more egregious lapses in believability than a rebellious female teen that fucks up a lot and gets lucky.

• 2Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
They had the “if it bleeds, we can kill it” throwback.

It could have done with more of this. How about when the first injured native eats the magic “makes you instantly cold” herb, he looks at everyone and smiles and says “this stuff will make you a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus.” Then everyone looks at him blankly and doesn’t laugh, and he mumbles “bunch of slack-jawed faggots” as he goes unconscious.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Personally, the fucking rope a dope hatchet and pinpoint final trap were more egregious lapses in believability than a rebellious female teen that fucks up a lot and gets lucky.
I'm reading the comments on this thread, and I haven't seen the movie but I'm trying to imagine exactly what happened, and it just sounds like a cluster fuck.

I guess I'm at least a little bit excited to sit down and maybe try to watch it this evening, because on one hand it sounds like it's a nice simple movie that does the IP justice, but on the other hand it sounds like an utter mess.

Why didn't they just follow the comic books, you would have had movie upon movie available much like the Star wars extended universe.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'm reading the comments on this thread, and I haven't seen the movie but I'm trying to imagine exactly what happened, and it just sounds like a cluster fuck.

I guess I'm at least a little bit excited to sit down and maybe try to watch it this evening, because on one hand it sounds like it's a nice simple movie that does the IP justice, but on the other hand it sounds like an utter mess.

Why didn't they just follow the comic books, you would have had movie upon movie available much like the Star wars extended universe.
It's honestly not bad. It's a simple story with a few head scratching moments. Unlike a lot/most action movies these days, I didn't feel insulted watching it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>

It’s nothing amazing. It wasn’t offensive either, but parts were dumb. It’s nothing you’d ever want to see again but fine to watch once.

• 1Like

Cybsled

The comic books start getting into a lot of space shit if I recall. Budget constraints I imagine are the biggest factor

This film cost 90mil and it has no name actors and forests/simple set design

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
The comic books start getting into a lot of space shit if I recall. Budget constraints I imagine are the biggest factor

This film cost 90mil and it has no name actors and forests/simple set design
Holy hell. I can’t believe this took $90m to make.