Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Ferr_sl

shitlord
I have an early 50s (51-52) naked halfling cleric I would like to get rid of. I remember I died back in seb somewhere and said fuck it. No idea what I had in the bank but I'm sure it's something. Is there anyway to check my login without having the game? I think I remember it, but not sure.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
anyone selling stuff on P99 get at me in my inbox. If the price is right I may be interested.

vishnu_sl

shitlord
well i gave this server a shot over the weekend. despite the high numbers online it shows when you logon, it must be a lot of motherfuckers boxing. not much difference between this server and eqmac. groups are hard to come by. most server vets sit around camping shit for RMT or twink the fuck out of new chars and have no need to group. the server itself is pretty fucking close to the classic eq experience that i remember though, so I gotta give them props. if you don't have anyone to play this with and you don't like soloing, move on. the only thing that made this shit bearable back on live was the interactions with friends. and I haven't even seen the endgame, lol. what a clusterfuck that must be

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
well i gave this server a shot over the weekend. despite the high numbers online it shows when you logon, it must be a lot of motherfuckers boxing. not much difference between this server and eqmac. groups are hard to come by. most server vets sit around camping shit for RMT or twink the fuck out of new chars and have no need to group. the server itself is pretty fucking close to the classic eq experience that i remember though, so I gotta give them props. if you don't have anyone to play this with and you don't like soloing, move on. the only thing that made this shit bearable back on live was the interactions with friends. and I haven't even seen the endgame, lol. what a clusterfuck that must be
P99 ~ East Commonlands - always orc groups / Oasis - always 2-3 groups / Upper Guk - always packed / Mistmoore - always packed / Guk - always packed / Karnors - always packed / Sol B - always packed

EQMac ~ Didn't even see another person outside of PoK until I was level 42

Conclusion, you are high

Quaid

Trump's Staff
He has 10 posts and is clearly trolling. Anyone who plays P99 knows he is blatantly lying. He is also trashing eqMac in the same sentence. One could conclude his only motivation in the post is to prevent either emu from gaining new subscribers...

A low-post troll with almost intentionally non-descript punctuation, and a vendetta against Classic EQ EMUs (not The Sleeper though!)... Wonder who this could be?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
my first toon on P99 was a warrior, and i didn't have any problems finding groups all the way up to 50+.... even with just my rusty weps and leather armor.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
He's wrong about everything except the endgame. It is definitely a clusterfuck.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Where the hell are you then?

I rolled a twink Iksar Necro and from 1-16 I have had 0 problems getting groups if I wanted. Hell I wanted to solo a bit and was practically begged to be in a upper level Kurn?s group.

Also there?s pretty much always a group(s) running in Unrest and Guk

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure Vishnu posted on FoH about eqmac long ago. He's no troll, although his assumption about the 99 population to be a little off.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Vishnu.

You say "Wonder who this could be?" like you know shit about this board or FoH and yet can't recognize a long time poster?
My apologies. He must not be a troll. Just a fucking retard for making that statement. Not sure which is worse.

frqkjt_sl

shitlord
I have an early 50s (51-52) naked halfling cleric I would like to get rid of. I remember I died back in seb somewhere and said fuck it. No idea what I had in the bank but I'm sure it's something. Is there anyway to check my login without having the game? I think I remember it, but not sure.
Login athttp://www.eqemulator.org/and click on loginserver accounts on the left. While you can recover passwords for eqemu site, loginserver passwords are not recoverable; you should be able to see your loginserver accounts and also change your loginserver passwords from the equemu loginserver page.

frqkjt_sl

shitlord
You have to make your own groups. I went to EC, /who all 7 12, and send tells asking if people want to try orc camp. You may need to take a leadership role. For example, I organized an orc 1 group - we needed to break the camp. So save a spot in the group for a cleric/enchanter/druid to lull, and when we get one, work with that person in tells to make sure the lull pull doesn't get fucked up.

It's not like WoW where the group is auto created for you and you don't even have to talk to group members because you're all just spamming hotkeys in ezmode dungeon. You have to communicate and make effort. It's why I like EQ and to some extent liked vanilla WoW (early on before uber raid loot you had to use CC, etc in dungeons though it was still pretty easy).

I went to EC, /who all 7 12, and send tells asking if people want to try orc camp
Man that's infuriating when people don't assist doing this to build a group. I think back to all the time I spent forming Seb groups as a Rogue:

/who all war 55 59
/who all enc 55 59
/who all cle 54 59
/who all sham 54 59
/who all monk 50 59

/tell war "want a seb group? just DPS right now"
response "sure let me know when you got heals and CC"

/tell cle "want a seb group, me and war right now"
no response

/who all cle 54 59

/tell cle #2 "want a seb group me and war right now"

cle #1 tells you "sure"

/tell cle #2 "nevermind"
response "wtf?"

and so on..

vishnu_sl

shitlord
You have to make your own groups. I went to EC, /who all 7 12, and send tells asking if people want to try orc camp. You may need to take a leadership role. For example, I organized an orc 1 group - we needed to break the camp. So save a spot in the group for a cleric/enchanter/druid to lull, and when we get one, work with that person in tells to make sure the lull pull doesn't get fucked up.

It's not like WoW where the group is auto created for you and you don't even have to talk to group members because you're all just spamming hotkeys in ezmode dungeon. You have to communicate and make effort. It's why I like EQ and to some extent liked vanilla WoW (early on before uber raid loot you had to use CC, etc in dungeons though it was still pretty easy).
You are absolutely right. I must have forgotten what it was like back in the day. I'll keep at it and see if I can get some groups. p99 definitely has more people in it unlike eqmac.. I must admit to being a little inebriated when I posted my initial review
smile.png

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You know, in some way, things like that kept the lazy or stupid people at the bottom of the pile for the most part.

frqkjt_sl

shitlord
You are absolutely right. I must have forgotten what it was like back in the day. I'll keep at it and see if I can get some groups. p99 definitely has more people in it unlike eqmac.. I must admit to being a little inebriated when I posted my initial review
smile.png
Whats funny is after running an orc1 group for about 5 hours one day, I had people sending me tells the next day asking if a group was going. So you build up group contacts, and I think that's how community in EQ1 developed.

This being an emu though, I think you won't get the full eq1 experience. I expect that as you level out of an area, you lose track of most of the people you were leveling with and have to start over due to high turnover on emu, esp. going from low to mid levels, then mid levels to 50+.

Edit: Also nice to see someone being able to admit a possible mistake. Right now I'm playing sc2 ladder 2v2, 3v3, etc and even when people do the most retarded builds possible they're never able to admit it. It's always "well I'm just playing my own way" i.e. "my (retarded) build is not good or bad" when clearly we're losing because of it.

rolx_sl

shitlord
You know, in some way, things like that kept the lazy or stupid people at the bottom of the pile for the most part.
This. If you arn't smart enough to realize you have to / all people your not going to make it! Add everyone thats good to your friends list then you can just / all friend