Project 2002 - The Age of Al'Kabor - release date 3/21/15

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Jeepers, i tried to answer my long time guild mates question on what I thought was the difference on two servers, I stated this was 3rd hand info and I get called a liar by a dev...
I most certainly did not. I merely pointed out that you were TOLD a lie. If unknowingly repeating a mistruth officially makes one a 'liar' than every non-mute human being on earth qualifies.

Responding to a claim that the difference between p2002 and TAKP is that TAKP is somehow corrupt and favors Destiny required a response. It's not 'vindictive' to refute the claim.

Iance however, is a liar and the most dishonest human being I've ever communicated with. He was the first one we banned.

Seems to me like the catalyst for all of this were some devs @ TAKP getting very upset at the perception that they were not being given enough "credit" for things that were happening on p02. As a result, the basketball was taken home, and the promise to remain open source was reversed.
This whole 'you're terrible for not sharing your work' nonsense is a lame attempt at a guilt trip. I've spent thousands of hours and most of my free time for the last 2+ years doing very tedious work which long ago stopped being amusing. If you expect me to give it to people who show open contempt for me and my friends (including repeatedly sending us extremely offensive PMs) then you are delusional. It's not depriving it from users when they have the option of playing on the server that is run by the people who do the work.

I've been a member of this community (fohguild and rerolled) for 14 years and TAKP devs have been involved with EQEmu for over a decade. Hell Starvald had several FoH players in it. You can take our word for it or you can take the word of some guy who signed up here just to shill his server a year ago.

If you want to play on a server where +atk items do nothing, where the devs couldn't be bothered to look up Trakanon's max hit, where Korocust was put in 5 months after launching Kunark, and where the devs lead the top raid guild, then have fun over there.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I dunno, the server works great for me right now, and the increased exp is very welcome. I'm not sure I could stomach classic exp again. This is a nice change of pace. Worst bug I've ran into is z-axis agro in some zones, but no linkdead issues. I can deal with that =)

I may eventually look into TAKP, but it'll be later. For now, P2002 looks like it has the best chance of hitting PoP first, so I'm going to give it a chance. If it ends up terrible, I'll migrate.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
It's not classic. We have a 20% exp bonus on top of the late PoP era group exp bonus, which is a significant increase over the classic group bonus.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Exp wise the servers I think are the same, minus different hotzones and no double XP weekends on TAKP. Group bonuses may be different but either way exp to max is easy.

Iance_sl

shitlord
Iance however, is a liar and the most dishonest human being I've ever communicated with. He was the first one we banned.
To this day I have yet to see any "evidence" of the actions I was banned for on TAK, and as far as I know I was the only person from P2002 who actually stayed banned, every other ban was reverted, so stop with the argument that half of the staff is banned. I was mad for a little while but the terrible behavior of the TAK staff turned out to the be the catalyst for something way better.In the end, I am happy I was banned on TAK and i never looked back. Don't take my silence on the matter as an admission of guilt, arguing with people like Torrid and Lenas is a futile endeavor, just take a look at their correspondence here or on the P99 forums, my time is better spent promoting the server I play on than talking about servers I don't play on and leading a never ending argument with a few attention seeking distractors. I have been through pages of that on the P99 forums and it's wasted energy;

Just let me say I am laughing my ass off that you are trying to use your "notoriety" to spread lies here. Ladies and Gentlemen, let me present to you the TAK DEV Team.

I have the utmost respect for the staff of P2002, which doesn't get involved in forum drama anymore. After jumping through every hoop the TAK crew put in front of them, TAK just closed their source anyway, and a month later they are in here complaining there is no new development. Once again, your actions will be the catalyst for something better. Mark my words!

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
They aren't complaining that there's no new development on P2002... they're just stating facts that there hasn't been a meaningful source update since the project went closed source, mainly because the development team of P2002 has no idea what they are doing.

Flying insults in the face of logic is kind of childish and expected of you though Iance. You're clearly the posterboy for their 'project'.

P2002 is literally what The Sleeper was to P99.

Iance_sl

shitlord
Ladies and Gentlemen, the TAK Dev Team (powered by emotion (c) ):

mainly because the development team of P2002 has no idea what they are doing.
Flying insults in the face of logic is kind of childish and expected
Until you closed the source there was no reason to do the same work twice. Now there is. I have confidence that P2002 will tackle this problem as well, they've tackled them all so far.

If you guys really have the Preservation of EQ as your primary objective, how is it that you cut out 65% of the people using your client in favor of going closed source to spite P2002? From an objective perspective that was a terrible move. You always talk about how P2002 split the playerbase in two. You just threw away an entire server of motivated bug reporters. I just find it silly. And why? Because of your giant Ego.

Congratulate yourself, you've made it!

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
None of the feedback P2002 was giving TAKProject was valuable.

I could care less who uses my client. If I wanted to be evil I could've locked down the client I made to only be usable on TAKProject. And trust me, that's crossed my mind.

Iance_sl

shitlord
Exactly, to this day your feelings make it impossible for you to see any value in P2002. It is literally your loss now.

I am very optimistic about the future of P2002. The development team is more motivated than ever, our community is growing faster than it has ever grown, Velious is a lot of fun, we are about to celebrate our first birthday, and there will be GM event very soon. P2002 is growing so fast in fact, it is only a matter of weeks before we exceed the forum numbers on TAK. Concurrent player numbers have been higher since Velious launched, which is no surprise.

Life is Good !

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
This is what frustrates me and why we can't have nice things. We could have such a better EQMac experience if you people could put your petty differences aside and work to deliver a more authentic EQ experience, something the TLP servers can never completely offer. I'm sure this isn't anyone's full-time job (or at least to the majority) and you're not going to garner any major fame through these projects (though we appreciate it) but seriously. The more you fragment the community, the more you negatively impact the experience. This could be something special where 300-500 could easily be playing but instead we're going to have 60-150 on each server at a given time. So go ahead and be "optimistic" all you want but in the end, it will only be a fraction of what it could and should be.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
after readin the last few pages i changed my mind too much drama
Yes, this.

As a perfectly casual and outside observer to this, I gotta say that the argumentsagainstp2002 are winning the battle of words over thoseforp2002.

I have no dog in this fight though (I mean, I got a 18 cle on the server lol, but...), just stating what I see as fact!

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
We could have such a better EQMac experience if you people could put your petty differences aside and work to deliver a more authentic EQ experience,
The differences aren't 'petty'. I'll let you all try and guess which one of them sent me a hate filled (one of several he sent to Haynar and myself) PM to me which included these lines:

"If you got any mental illness I should know of, please let me know, I don't like to take advantage of disabled people."
"I think as a person, you are a fucking moron."
"you will always be the inferior project, get used to it."
"I could go on for days about how your server sucks."
The public has no idea of the history between us, because if I outlined it all in a massive post, what inevitably results are "the drama turns us off to both servers" comments. So their narrative is the one that is believed.

Trust is absolutely required to work on a project like this. You can't just sign people up to work on your database without trusting them to both do a good job but also not to break (intentionally or otherwise) things; or worse, edit things in a way that favors them or their friends in-game.

Some people just can't get along with others.

Javvo_sl

shitlord
This is what frustrates me and why we can't have nice things. We could have such a better EQMac experience if you people could put your petty differences aside and work to deliver a more authentic EQ experience, something the TLP servers can never completely offer. I'm sure this isn't anyone's full-time job (or at least to the majority) and you're not going to garner any major fame through these projects (though we appreciate it) but seriously. The more you fragment the community, the more you negatively impact the experience. This could be something special where 300-500 could easily be playing but instead we're going to have 60-150 on each server at a given time. So go ahead and be "optimistic" all you want but in the end, it will only be a fraction of what it could and should be.
QFT. I am (or was) friendly with people on both sides of this debate; and I know both sides have reasonable and passionate people working on the projects. If you guys could just shake hands, talk out your differences like men, and merge the two servers, the community would be much better off for it. There is still time to go back and make this work out. It will just take some maturity and compromise.

I stopped playing on P2002 a while ago, but I really enjoyed my time there and I'm sure I'll be back at some point. It would just be nice to see a unified player base.

Also, the biggest thing holding both servers back is and was the d/c's when raid mobs AoE. That ruined the server for me. Getting d/c'd several times every raid blows.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
talk out your differences like men, and merge the two servers, the community would be much better off for it.
I in fact proposed a merger not long ago. It was flatly rejected and ridiculed. Granted it's not a popular idea on our side of the fence either for numerous reasons, not the least of which are that one server has had Velious equipment available for months. If they really cared about the community, they wouldn't have split it to begin with.

I was told that Nilbog was quite glad for deciding to go closed source after hearing about this. I suppose it's our fault for not sooner putting a delay between TAKP's build and the publicly released version.

edit: the link death problems are fixed on TAKP as far as I know

Iance_sl

shitlord
There was never a proposition to merge from TAK, ever. I just confirmed this via PM with a P2002 Developer.

TAK banned multiple people, and now they are trying to make it look like the people that were banned are splitting the community when in fact it is pretty clear the spitting of the community began exactly when TAK started banning people for NO REASON and WITHOUT EVIDENCE. THIS would be the first step towards reconciliation, if TAK developers are truly interested in uniting the communities, own up to what you did. You can start by posting a single shred of evidence of how I "constantly harassed the staff" when I was banned on your server. The way you put it, there should be plenty of evidence.

02o8PBb.jpg]

As you can see, even Torven agreed that the ban was not fair, and that zero evidence has been presented to him. How his tune has changed! Also note my bitter decorum in my PM to Torven: You can see a person clearly out of control, filled with mad rage and thoughts of revenge. Note the passive aggressive backhanded compliments!

5hSFD3d.png

There is nobody who wants this "conflict" to end more than I do. I was the first person to be wrongfully persecuted and prosecuted after giving EVERYTHING to TAK, promoting the server and building a community, testing content and submitting over 500 bug reports, I gave away items and buffs in PoK to new people on a daily basis (something I do to this day on P2002 as well). Or forget about me, how about Boragar/Wharhogg who posted almost as many bug reports as I did and promoted the server just as much if not more. Stop punishing us for stuff that random members of ANH were doing during our tenure. We were the largest guild at the moment and we didn't have a lot of recruitment requirements, you act as if we cherry picked bad people to mess with the server. Also let me remind you that the biggest perpetrator in ANH during that time is a person who has been a member of Starvald Demalain (the guild of Torrid's RL buddies, and presumably himself) even before ANH was driven off the server. The core of "cutthroat" players have since left to play on TLP and I am glad they are not playing on either of our servers.

So in short. Own up to your mistakes and quit pointing fingers all day. Your portrayal of the situation is very self serving, if you really want to mend fences you have to take the first step here. After all, P2002 just did what you told them to do: GO MAKE YOUR OWN SERVER IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, which is what we did. Make a real effort to reconcile or forever hold your peace.

Edit: Incoming snide remark: LD problems are still not fixed, you just don't have the population and content to properly test it. This goes back to me saying that you should have used P2002 as a resource instead of seeing only the negatives

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
LD problems are fixed on TAKP. They certainly have the population to test it. P2002 will never have those issues fixed now or in the foreseeable future because they burnt bridges with the people that can.

If you like whiners and drama starters, play on P2002. They'll welcome you with open arms and encourage your toxic behavior.

Iance_sl

shitlord
the only people starting drama here are you, Torven and the occasional disgruntled TAK player. You need to start sourcing your "information" or stop lying.

Let's make it a challenge. The first community/dev team member to start cross server drama after this post loses and stfu in the future. Deal? (And to clarify, we are talking existing members, not some 1 post new user that you can claim is me, like you have done in the past)

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
the only people starting drama here are you, Torven and the occasional disgruntled TAK player. You need to start sourcing your "information" or stop lying.

Let's make it a challenge. The first community/dev team member to start cross server drama after this post loses and stfu in the future. Deal? (And to clarify, we are talking existing members, not some 1 post new user that you can claim is me, like you have done in the past)
Sorry, I don't negotiate with terrorists. (you're technically not a P2002 developer, so I technically win if you reply to me)