Project 99 - Green Server announcement

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah they did the same thing with pre nerf CoS, holgresh beads and pretty much every one of those types of items. They redesigned the game to make it more of a slog. Everyone knew seafurries were a great money camp. Nerfed on p99. All quests that were repeatable for good exp/plat for the level range? Nerfed or removed. Epics pre 46(where applicable) Nerfed. I have also been removed from money camps by corrupt GMs so their faggot friends can take it over.

But yeah I will agree that most of the zones look the same and have the same npcs in roughly the same spots

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah they did the same thing with pre nerf CoS, holgresh beads and pretty much every one of those types of items. They redesigned the game to make it more of a slog. Everyone knew seafurries were a great money camp. Nerfed on p99. All quests that were repeatable for good exp/plat for the level range? Nerfed or removed. Epics pre 46(where applicable) Nerfed. I have also been removed from money camps by corrupt GMs so their faggot friends can take it over.

But yeah I will agree that most of the zones look the same and have the same npcs in roughly the same spots

I believe the reason they decided to make it a slog fest and nerf the good stuff as you say, was a tactic to slow the game down to classic levels. Think about it, when EQ released back in 99, did everyone that logged into the game immediately know about bone chips quest in Kaladim, putrid skeleton quests in Qeynos, beads, manastones, and any other cheesy thing you could do for exp/items/plat as they do now?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They had classic drop rates submitted for sea fury.

The stock EQ emu drop rate was outrageously high.

I camped a Ravenscale BP for days on live, much like the Rubi bp I got here.

Average time for a person to be up for jboot and camp drelzna is 5-8 hours here, which again, is classic. The "problem" is the 5 people waiting in line before you (supply and demand) with the automated /list nanny because how greedy and toxic bluebie item camping can be. Guilds will just hand it off to each other, lie about drops, ks, etc.

Manastone is the outlier.

mmm, someone mentioned pre-nerf CoS. Fine item. I think my SK on original p99 has one. I mean, that thing is just so cool.

OP as fuck too lol.

If p99 green progresses as normal, it will be esier to just save and buy jboots.

But what is it all seek and few find? The pegasus cloak. Even buying pro trackers it still will take you some time. Love the cloak. Both Sadre and my SK on original p99 has one. Love that item. Maybe my fave classic item. (edit: I self camped it with sadre, killing treants and medding at the spawn point south of the centaur camp. And ine day, I just got real lucky., one sweet feeling medding and all of a sudden hearing this wing flapping sound, killing quillmane, and hell yeah cloak. It was like 6am. P99 can be a fun retro trip/

Last edited:

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The "modern knowledge" argument really falls apart when they put the xp penalty for grouping with hybrids back in. First few days there were literally dozens of warriors for every one ranger.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Epics pre 46(where applicable) Nerfed.

Every single one I knew of had a lvl 50 turn in requirement.

The people who had them lower delvled for PvP cuz they couldn't hack it at max lvl or were sadistic.

I was a major proponent and researcher for this fix to make things classic.

Last edited:

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Every single one I knew of had a lvl 50 turn in requirement.

The people who had them lower delvled for PvP cuz they couldn't hack it at max lvl or were sadistic.

I was a major proponent and researcher for this fix to make things classic.

I don't know if it changed between release and Planes of Power, but on EQmac I got the monk epic on a level one !! monk alt.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Can confirm i had a sub 30 monk with epic on live servers back in the luclin (?) era.

Couldnt click the damn thing but it was equipped.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I also had a Erud Shadowknight with Greenmist before lvl 15. sigh, I miss eqmac.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I twinked a lvl 20 cleric with epic. p99 removes everything fun. P sure you cant do ae groups there either as if theres ever enough mobs to ae

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah your complaints are retarded and at the very very fringe of relevance.

There are a few non classic things that bother me here. I think the agro radius is a little too generous and that sit agro and initial agro are off. If you face pull a mob, it should not randomly attack sitting people that are in your path unless they've healed you or something. Afiak the pulse agro from proximity would disable once the mob was agro. Only people who attacked it or healed/buffed someone with agro would catch. I can remember some rare exceptions with undead (karnors?) But it was definitely not the norm. P99 it seems to absolutely be the norm and it's hideously non classic.

Similarly, sit agro is completely wrong. If you're on a mobs agro list, sitting should basically cause it to instantly go nuts on you unless the tank had established very significant agro or you weren't on the agro list. Similar to low health agro. When I can back off a mob at 5% and let my pet tank and the mob ignores me.. pretty trivial. You'd think with 10 years of beta they'd bother to lock down simple mechanics.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pooch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nothing more then I hate on here is sit agro. as a cleric it drives me nuts on every pull I get agro just medding, but I’ve adjusted I just stand on inc and med when it hits camp.

Yeah your complaints are retarded and at the very very fringe of relevance.

There are a few non classic things that bother me here. I think the agro radius is a little too generous and that sit agro and initial agro are off. If you face pull a mob, it should not randomly attack sitting people that are in your path unless they've healed you or something. Afiak the pulse agro from proximity would disable once the mob was agro. Only people who attacked it or healed/buffed someone with agro would catch. I can remember some rare exceptions with undead (karnors?) But it was definitely not the norm. P99 it seems to absolutely be the norm and it's hideously non classic.

Similarly, sit agro is completely wrong. If you're on a mobs agro list, sitting should basically cause it to instantly go nuts on you unless the tank had established very significant agro or you weren't on the agro list. Similar to low health agro. When I can back off a mob at 5% and let my pet tank and the mob ignores me.. pretty trivial. You'd think with 10 years of beta they'd bother to lock down simple mechanics.

You are incorrect about sit aggro. As an enchanter, I learned this well. I did not have to do a damn thing. If an /inc saw me sitting, I went on the aggro list and right to the top. Chanter sitting aggro is supreme. I do not know where you got your idea that sit aggro is not classic.

I kind of remember making a bet that if I wanted, I could get and hold aggro better than any other class. Of course, that is a pointless value of the enchanter, but it is how things worked I remember. We could probably make a list of whose sit aggro is worst, but it certainly was not equal or random (cleric sits were bad too) and I would be willing to bet each class had specific diff +hate values if /sit.

And I just thought it was a fair enough design decision. The idea a mob would not want to not beat it's head against a non-taunting tank and attack healers or cc'ers would be casual mode game design.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
You are incorrect about sit aggro. As an enchanter, I learned this well. I did not have to do a damn thing. If an /inc saw me sitting, I went on the aggro list and right to the top. Chanter sitting aggro is supreme. I do not know where you got your idea that sit aggro is not classic.

You sure this wasn't with mobs mezzed in camp during the pull?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

I kind of remember making a bet that if I wanted, I could get and hold aggro better than any other class. Of course, that is a pointless value of the enchanter, but it is how things worked I remember. We could probably make a list of whose sit aggro is worst, but it certainly was not equal or random (cleric sits were bad too) and I would be willing to bet each class had specific diff +hate values if /sit.

And I just thought it was a fair enough design decision. The idea a mob would not want to not beat it's head against a non-taunting tank and attack healers or cc'ers would be casual mode game design.

Ding ding ding ding.

We have a winner.

Mob being body pulled into camp should hit the sitters too and do here. You can thank me for kicking that one off.

Aggro radiuses do feel small at times.

Greenmist isn't a true spirit faction epic, so whatevas.

They had level reqs for final turn in that may have later been relaxed. I think most of them still are lenient with the required true spirit factions required.

• 1Solidarity
You sure this wasn't with mobs mezzed in camp during the pull?

yes. A sitting cleric likewise did not have to do a damn thing. Sit aggro is a thing, and it's classic. Remember when the olden interface had you just staring at a spellbook? sitting = medding, and basically even a single incoming mob, tagged by a puller, says "not on my watch!" to a sitting chanter or cleric. Not sure if other healer or cloth classes had to deal with this, since I never played them back in the olden times.

edit: naturally after aggro gets established, one can sit/med. But it would take a few ticks before it was safe enough! (only in a stone classic game like everquest would "knowing when your char can sit down" be a critical gameplay aspect lol -- RIP Aradune!)

Last edited:

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't remember it that way, but I do now that you say it remember 'everybody stand' on pulls sometimes, which seems to line up with that.

I still think the sit agro once mob is in camp is way too forgiving atm, and low health agro seems like barely existent.

• 1Like
I agree with your last sentence completely. Low health aggro, especially for non-tanking melee classes, is another way this game was originally built to be brutal.

I still hold out hope someday someone will figure out how properly do a classic game with 1) the old racial vision penalties and 2) the biggest missing piece of all : sta / end as an aspect of the game.

The endurance issue would completely alter how melee think of weapons, and is, imo, the biggest thing missing from these "classic" servers.. Alas, it is probably gone forever since apparently that code is long lost.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I don't remember it that way, but I do now that you say it remember 'everybody stand' on pulls sometimes, which seems to line up with that.

I still think the sit agro once mob is in camp is way too forgiving atm, and low health agro seems like barely existent.

Low hp aggro does seem weak but maybe its correct, fleeing mobs need to come back and smack someone if they sit down. That's been reported and might be implemented.