Project 99 - Green Server announcement

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
If I'm not mistaken, the circa 2001 Velious UI was also stuck with one window and multiple windows were not possible until the mid-Luclin UI revamp

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Or they haven't gotten a working "marble" UI to standard.

The rooted dragons is bullshit tho.

Just suspend all the rushing guilds who make a mess in tov. Leave the content alone.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
What date did Sony root the dragons?

The problem with leaving them unrooted is that Sony had NPC collision with geometry and the emus don't have this. On Sony servers when you pulled dragons through doors, they got stuck and warped on top of the pullers making pulling them much more difficult. There might also be other things that we're not aware of that made it less practical because pulling them to the zone-in area wasn't really done back in the day. If P99 didn't have an ignore range for NPCs then that would make pulling dragons anywhere super easy. (didn't they add this recently?)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
Im getting the EQ itch and I haven’t really given P99 a shot in years. Should I start here or over on Blue? I will be casual and kind of want to play an enchanted or cleric on Green or shaman on blue.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone have a link to Titanium that they could PM me? Would be much appreciated.

Edit: Got one- thanks

Last edited:

Ether

Lord Nagafen Raider
Im getting the EQ itch and I haven’t really given P99 a shot in years. Should I start here or over on Blue? I will be casual and kind of want to play an enchanted or cleric on Green or shaman on blue.

Green is where the majority of players are now and likely will be for the next ~2.5 years, so I would go green.

Ether

Lord Nagafen Raider
Funny, that reasoning is why I'm about to go blue

Hah. I was gonna say if you want a more solo/twink experience then go blue, but then again, its EQ. The game is basically a virtual chat room. If you want a solo MMO you're much better off with WoW or many other modern MMO's.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hate lines/crowds/waiting lists and like to mix solo and group stuff. A server with a steady 600ish weeknight pop is way better for my purposes than a server with a 1200ish pop. I haven't played on blue in many years because it just got to be stupid having to wait in line to do anything- including get a group spot.

Ether

Lord Nagafen Raider
It does serve a different purpose for sure and there's a demand for it as blue has maintained a decent population. It'll be interesting to see if the population shifts more towards blue when green is merged into it and a new server starts.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
The most fun I've had on an EQ emu server in recent memory is when me and two buddies made an ideal full group of 6 (we each 2-boxed) on TAKP. We started as totally untwinked newbs and took our time, hitting every single original trilogy dungeon on the way up the levels. We made it a point to be as completionist as possible, killing just about every named mob in each dungeon.

It was a blast. We really stretched out what you could do with just one group and got to "complete" some dungeons I had missed content in during live. Didn't miss big mob raiding one bit. I still say the single group dungeon crawl was the best part of the EQ experience.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Single group dungeon crawling was great in EQ and Vanguard.

Reason I don't play as much EQ as I did is because NO ONE wants to crawl. They want to sit on their ass and just be spoon fed the same group of mobs for hours on end. BORING. I'd rather solo and crawl a easy area than "play" that way.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
I wish green had a population and class breakdown. I’d hate to play a cleric or shaman only to find out there are a million LFG. I’d hate to play a rogue or monk to sit afk forever.

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
Juste log in, do a / all cleric count, / all Rogue count, / all druid count....
Or may be / all cleric 10 50 count, or 20 50 or whatever seems revelant.
Druids are far too many, shaman and chanties a lot. Few rangers, rogues, sk, paladins.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Druids who don't know how to aggro kite or charm. AKA I wanna be a wood elf healer tard.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
Juste log in, do a / all cleric count, / all Rogue count, / all druid count....
Or may be / all cleric 10 50 count, or 20 50 or whatever seems revelant.
Druids are far too many, shaman and chanties a lot. Few rangers, rogues, sk, paladins.
I actually want to play a rogue since it’s the only class I have not played. I really don’t want to be LFG as a rogue though since there is nothing you can do. And the itemization in classic is rough for rogues. And it’s rough doing /who with people anon/RP. Rogue and cleric it is I bet.