Project 99 - Green Server announcement

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I also seem to remember if you were 'low hp' and sat, the mob would instantly attack you no matter how much agro the tank had. Also impacted non undead mobs desire to run and green con mobs desire to assist a runner.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Was low hp agro tinkered with a few years ago because people were exploiting it? I.E. have your buddy with low hps tag a ton of mobs and then kite them around in a circle while the rest of the party nuked/AEed it all down agro free? I remember something like this.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Was low hp agro tinkered with a few years ago because people were exploiting it? I.E. have your buddy with low hps tag a ton of mobs and then kite them around in a circle while the rest of the party nuked/AEed it all down agro free? I remember something like this.

I think that style kite with the low HP "rabbit" was always inaccurate, i.e. didn't exist til EQEmu.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Tough to pin down specifics really. SoE butchered the game and Daybreak finished the job. At least as far as how it was originally which is what I care about.

Might be good for others now the way they got things working.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I think that style kite with the low HP "rabbit" was always inaccurate, i.e. didn't exist til EQEmu.

It sort of existed/exists on live EQ. Here's me doing it on Al'Kabor:

When I was doing hate logic research on Live in 2015 I had discovered that low health aggro is equal to the NPC's hitpoints with a minimum of 500 and a maximum of 10,000. I didn't realize until later that it was current hp and not maximum hp, (which was a dumb oversight, admittedly) so as you kill NPCs the hate bonus shrinks.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I bought greater summoning air and fire! :emoji_wind_blowing_face: :emoji_fire:

I didn't think the pets would get on vendors till feb

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I keep bouncing around to different MMO's, instead of just coming back to this and playing a real MMO where people actually talk to each other! And has enough population to actually do things with other people.

Hit level 6 on my Druid tonight. Got a wizard to port me and a buddy from Nro to Gfay, and the Crushbone party began! CB is great experience.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea, it makes no sense. The servers weren't "dead" by any means anyway, which I thought was going to be the point of when they got merged.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've only logged in a couple times in the last month. I was parked down by the assgoblins in highkeep. Never actually managed to get in a group there. Was always a full group + 2 or 3 people just hanging out waiting. :emoji_zzz:

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I've only logged in a couple times in the last month. I was parked down by the assgoblins in highkeep. Never actually managed to get in a group there. Was always a full group + 2 or 3 people just hanging out waiting. :emoji_zzz:

On live I leveled there a lot in full groups. Going back, you realize how awful it is. Slow respawns, stuff goes from too easy to Rooms packed full of social red con goblins.

Guard killing OTOH is solid exp, and ridiculous cash for the level. Probably camped to hell on P99 Green or whatever it's called now

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Try aggro kiting with a druid. You can duo/trio anywhere like that.

The crowdedness is classic.

You got xp however you could and making friends mattered.

There's no queueing up to aoe faceroll "heroics" here.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Some SolA action
EQ000251.png
EQ000240.png