Project Gorgon, round 2.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Backed this today at the 30 dollar mark. It looks like it met all its goals and is sitting pretty at 65k+ with 17 hours to go.

Just the idea of me hitting nerds with my fists and them telling them they're adopted as a skill set is hilarious enough to merit the 30 dollars.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I'm going to buy it on steam. While I love it, I want to see what it becomes after a year or so before I commit. I still can't believe it's made by two people.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Played it for maybe 5 hours. It definitely is good if you like exploration without the giant theme park objects every 100 feet; you can just run in any direction and discover things. Lots of skills can be learned by doing the same kinds of things, by killing a mob you can earn the sword skill, unarmed skill, autopsy skill, and skinning skill.

The combat is pretty meh though. It just isn't very fluid, doesn't feel like you're actually hitting something & is a little too fast I think. You just spam your skills in a standard rotation with the occasional situational skill. The floating combat text is just awful.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Played it for maybe 5 hours. It definitely is good if you like exploration without the giant theme park objects every 100 feet; you can just run in any direction and discover things. Lots of skills can be learned by doing the same kinds of things, by killing a mob you can earn the sword skill, unarmed skill, autopsy skill, and skinning skill.

The combat is pretty meh though. It just isn't very fluid, doesn't feel like you're actually hitting something & is a little too fast I think. You just spam your skills in a standard rotation with the occasional situational skill. The floating combat text is just awful.
This is true. But I think this is one of the things that the kickstarter is aiming to fix. The visuals and animations. It has to be said that this little game is still in pre-alpha, so a lot is going to change.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Considering art and animations are the most costly and time consuming stuff. I am holding my judgement on that until after the kickstarter and into the steam alpha/beta. The kickstarter was launched for those very things, as its a 2 person operation and neither are artists/animators.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Really liked this game, was having fun kicking shit that caused a massive knockback and then hitting them with some arrows/repeat. I was killing things way higher then I should be able to, I will pick this up in a year or so for sure once it is fleshed out.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Anyone doing much with the unarmed and music? I noticed there is some druid class and seems they are testing for Necro currently, wondering what kind of Monk and Bard things they have so far.

I just discovered this game, and oh my God I am addicted now.

Visually the game sucks, but the game play is so deep. I started playing earlier today, and before I knew it, it was almost midnight.

This game gives me hope for the future of the Mmorpg industry again.

Grundge_sl

shitlord
This looks really interesting. I like how you can develop your character through just playing the game. You seem to gain abilities by trying new stuff. Very cool indeed.

I watched the kickstarter video up on their site and near the end he says that this game is playable now and you will not be supporting an idea that will take years to develop. I swear he was referring to Pantheon when he said that.

Going to check this out myself. Surprised that this hasn't picked up a lot of steam on this forum. Seems like the game most people around here are looking for. Well I will find out myself later today.

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
I have been playing for about 2 weeks now. It's a really good game. The only thing I dislike is the lack of inventory. Sure you can increase the size that vendors will hold for you, but when pretty much everything that drops can be used for something, its hard to avoid being a pack rat and there just is not enough room for that. If your new, gaining favor is very important!

Loco_sl

shitlord
Downloaded and played a bit last night. The time passed so quickly. Initial thoughts:

- I like the lack of level bars. I never realized how much I focused on them. No empty bars anywhere that I saw.
- Targeting is kind of crappy and the UI/animations need work... but it's in Alpha. This game is in fantastic shape for Alpha. I expect Beta will be glorious, and it will get a lot more attention.
- Just enough hand holding at the beginning and it sets you loose.
- Open leveling system? No need to reroll? I expect people to get to end game quickly and get bored, but oh well... that's their fault.
- Equipment, skill, and coordination based encounters? Looks great. I'm not sure how boss encounters will be. Will it be easy to see the good players vs the terrible ones?
- Mechanically it looks sound. I like the idea of 2 mix n' match skillsets. Not too many hotkeys (thank goodness)
- Individual favor, lots of secrets, no quest markers, Words of Power, funny dialog. A lot of flavor added already.
- Scaling window and full screen mode that doesn't suck? Wow. Finally somebody got this right.

I could see getting into and supporting this game.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I posted on this a while ago, making a thread and sucking its dick with as much suction and spit as possible.

I still love it. I haven't dinked around on it in 10+ months now, but I check the website/forums at least twice a week. Looking forward to playing it a year or two from now.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Amazing this has been a two person operation for so long and they're sticking with it. I'm cheering for them but not sure how far this can make it with such limited staffing without it taking a long time. I hope i'm pleasantly surprised.

Amazing this has been a two person operation for so long and they're sticking with it. I'm cheering for them but not sure how far this can make it with such limited staffing without it taking a long time. I hope i'm pleasantly surprised.
This is the part that bugs me. There are much larger teams out there that continue to develop complete crap MMOs.

Why is it that bigger teams with more money to spend can't make MMOs with this level of good in them?

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Making a game that is not holding hands to players nowadays is a huge risk, especially if you have a large budget and team to pay. Small teams are the best option and this may be turning on the light on a stagnant and frankly dumbed down genre.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
It's pretty amazing that two people could get this much down, yet EQ Next is vaporware.

I hope these two find success. I'm waiting a bit longer before playing, though. It's still incomplete.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's pretty amazing that two people could get this much down, yet EQ Next is vaporware.

I hope these two find success. I'm waiting a bit longer before playing, though. It's still incomplete.
It's more than admirable what these guys have pulled off with a team of two, but its time to bite the bullet and hire some people, even if its a crew as small as pantheons. This has the potential to occupy a sorely empty niche in the mmo genre right now. I dont expect a 300 person team , but about 15-20 peopel would be a good amount to make this worlds better from a graphics and animation standpoint

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's actually a lot of content even now, animations and such are all of course rough and essentially placeholders but the skill system is pretty fleshed out and there is a ton of stuff to try. Plus the zones are already huge and exploration is great in this game. They just need a bigger budget and their world design would be the best for the old school gamer

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Wonder what their chances are in bringing this to life and actually get some player traction? I really hope it is something like this to make it big in the MMO community. I missed the opportunity to back them but I would give them my money ever before Smed and the like.