Project Gorgon, round 2.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
I have been completely sucked into this game, its a bit rough but I dont give a damn. I too missed the KS but would gladly give now if I could.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think you guys are right about the fact that if this can gain player traction, it could really be the best thing for old school MMO'ers.

I certainly get those feels when I play it.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I think you guys are right about the fact that if this can gain player traction, it could really be the best thing for old school MMO'ers.

I certainly get those feels when I play it.
I think this will honestly be the first of a couple of old school style MMOs. As much as I don't trust Brad, I do think they have an actual game in development and it will probably be released. If it'll be good or not is a whole different question. Smedley's game is 2D, so is cheaper to make by default and will likely see release. There's also Shards Online, Shroud of the Avatar, and probably a couple that I'm forgetting.

As tools get cheaper and easier to use, we'll likely see more small but good MMOs in the future. At least that's what I hope.

As for Gorgon, hopefully they can get some new animations and visuals in place. The core game is pretty fucking solid, but visuals, lore, etc will be a whole different thing.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
More I play this game more I am excited about its potential. There's so much intricacy and depth to the skill system. So much to learn, and in dungeons I definitely felt like being in groups is almost necessary, especially if u go deep in. Great old school experience! Mobs actually assist each other based on distance and Los as opposed to pre ordained packs. And I even got trained at zone in a few times haha.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I felt a sharp pain in my side when you brought up brad's game. This game is less buggy now than vanguard was on release

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I felt a sharp pain in my side when you brought up brad's game. This game is less buggy now than vanguard was on release
If it makes you feel any better, Pantheon and Gorgon are using the same engine. So it might not be as bad as that mangled version of Unreal that they used for Vanguard.

Bzalthek_sl

shitlord
This game is a great scratch to my old school itch. Marna and I are soul mates. I keep finding new skills every time I trip over a rock. I spend so much time trying to find people to buy my crap, and I spend all my money on crap people already sold them. It's really been an enjoyable experience!

nescio_sl

shitlord
started playing this game over the weekend, i'm having a lot of fun so far. it feels like a mix between EQ and Elder Scrolls. is there anyway to gimp your character / build? or can you max all skills if you put in the time?

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
rrr_img_124705.jpg

Role playing? In my role playing games? The fuck?

Actually I think this is fantastic.
smile.png

nescio_sl

shitlord
could anyone explain weapons to me in this game?

For example is have green Swordsman Acid Addled Blade - Requires sword 15, +15% sword base damage. I also have a blue Quality Sword of Defensive Bashing - requires archery 10, +2 sword damage, + bow bash and poison arrow. Do weapons not have damage or delay? I couldn't find any kind of DPS number in the persona menu, kinda confused.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
could anyone explain weapons to me in this game?

For example is have green Swordsman Acid Addled Blade - Requires sword 15, +15% sword base damage. I also have a blue Quality Sword of Defensive Bashing - requires archery 10, +2 sword damage, + bow bash and poison arrow. Do weapons not have damage or delay? I couldn't find any kind of DPS number in the persona menu, kinda confused.
The way I understand it, DPS is based purely on abilities and gear modifies specific abilities damage (in general). So your green sword would increase the damage of any sword ability used by 15% while your blue sword would only add +2 damage to any sword ability used. Weapons dont have damage or delay, they only modify. Saying that I believe that weapons and helmets are the only gear that add %x to weapon damage (I think).

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
recent chest bug and sploit with rampant banning resulted in a big culling of the population, especially at the higher levels. but overall a good thing it was caught before steam. still i think the devs went a bit too far with the severity of the bans. I must have just passed under the threshold to get banned. Best part of this game is the exploration, and the depth of the skill system. Only now starting to appreciate how important the items are with respect to your skills - It's almost like path of exile, where some specs are built around items - could almost do the same in this game. Just hope they hire more people/get more funding to clean up the animations and combat mechanics so it starts feeling less alpha-ey, since most everyhting else here is far more in depth than a typical alpha.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So who all is playing this/getting started! Myself and some friends have been going at this pretty hardcore past few weeks, have some skills in my 50s now. This game is like older mmos where help from others can go a long ways so I might be able to help people get started as far as gear/tips , where to go etc. it's a huge open world with very little information

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
So who all is playing this/getting started! Myself and some friends have been going at this pretty hardcore past few weeks, have some skills in my 50s now. This game is like older mmos where help from others can go a long ways so I might be able to help people get started as far as gear/tips , where to go etc. it's a huge open world with very little information
Have they progressed into dungeons? Are they shared such as Guk, SolB, etc? Bosses and loot in place?

I need to catch up with these guys. I'm cheering for them honestly. How many people did it really take to get EQ off the ground at it's release at 1999?

Tonic_sl

shitlord
I've been on and off playing, pretty casual. Spending more time looking for a job
frown.png
. Name is Grumblecake.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bump for a unique mmo. If you enjoy complex systems and lots of group content and dungeon diving, check this game out. Still rough around the edges of course but the item system and crafting are also pretty original. Big content patch coming in a week

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
From what I understand once the game goes up on Steam, you'll have to buy to play it. I don't have a problem with that of course, just wondering when that might be.

Raign

Golden Squire
Been playing a fair bit the last few days, and I have to say, I am loving it. It is a bit too much AC and a bit too little EQ, but it is still definitely the most enjoyable MMO experience I have had in a long long time. So nice to actually feel like exploring matters and to not be on shitty '!' rails again. Character name in game is Ilfeyn if any of you lowbies want to meet up. Just unlocked Necro so working on that and druid at the moment.