(PS4) Days gone. Q1-2019

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Two hours in:

So far, fucking awesome.

1) Graphics in 4k HDR are incredible. Any reviewer who said otherwise is full of shit.
2) Controls are a TAD sluggish. Not anything worse than Dying light though.
3) Story: Can't comment this early in.
4) Characters: Deacon and Boozer so far are the best. I am guessing the SJW lamestream gaming media may not have liked the protagonists being two white bikers. As of right now, the voice acting is incredible.
5) Weather effects are crazy immersive. Hearing rain fall on roof tops varies by what type of roof. Lighting is absolutely fantastic.
6) Motorcycle seems a bit sluggish - but I have not upgraded it yet. Will see what happens later - however I was also driving it in the rain. I know that effects it.
7) The Atmosphere of the world is spot fucking on. I am picking up anything and everything for fear I will be stranded somewhere and desparately need it.
8) Can save anywhere.
9) Not a fan of holding square down to pick things up. They need to add a toggle to just tap Square and it picks shit up.

Overall, I am very impressed so far and I have no idea what the fuck some of these reviewers are talking about.

And this is coming from the most critical person on these forums...

Also, music. Hire this guy everywhere.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Two hours in:

So far, fucking awesome.

1) Graphics in 4k HDR are incredible. Any reviewer who said otherwise is full of shit.
2) Controls are a TAD sluggish. Not anything worse than Dying light though.
3) Story: Can't comment this early in.
4) Characters: Deacon and Boozer so far are the best. I am guessing the SJW lamestream gaming media may not have liked the protagonists being two white bikers. As of right now, the voice acting is incredible.
5) Weather effects are crazy immersive. Hearing rain fall on roof tops varies by what type of roof. Lighting is absolutely fantastic.
6) Motorcycle seems a bit sluggish - but I have not upgraded it yet. Will see what happens later - however I was also driving it in the rain. I know that effects it.
7) The Atmosphere of the world is spot fucking on. I am picking up anything and everything for fear I will be stranded somewhere and desparately need it.
8) Can save anywhere.
9) Not a fan of holding square down to pick things up. They need to add a toggle to just tap Square and it picks shit up.

Overall, I am very impressed so far and I have no idea what the fuck some of these reviewers are talking about.

And this is coming from the most critical person on these forums...

Also, music. Hire this guy everywhere.
Image result for sarcastic ok gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Literally fell asleep playing this game.
It’s just boring

No hook, in the first two hours. Feels like I have done this all before.

Hope my initial take is wring and a side effect of me watching hockey playoffs at the same time.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Literally fell asleep playing this game.
It’s just boring

No hook, in the first two hours. Feels like I have done this all before.

Hope my initial take is wring and a side effect of me watching hockey playoffs at the same time.

Ok at least you tried let’s pkay apex later.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I still love this game. It’s fucking sweet.
Nester Nester we have all weekend to play games let’s play WWZ too!

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
This has to be one of the most generic open world snorefests I've played in ages.

Save money, don't buy this shit before renting it or something. It's dull as fuck.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
If you played in the world of Far cry 5...

If you killed the enemies in Dying Light...

If controlled the Character and horse and shot a gun in Red Dead Redemption 2....

You already played Days Gone.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I love it. Absolutely fucking love it. Also great story.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Damn near an 8 now from people who have played the bitch. Trust me. Sjw lash back on this shit. Pure and simple. Food and then days gone. All damn day.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I watched a good bit of cinematica yesterday at work and they actually seemed pretty well done, I was getting hooked into the story without even playing the game which is incredibly rare for me. I skip story shit in games all the time.

I still take everything with a grain of salt but will likely pick up when it’s a little cheaper just for an open world zombie fest, even if it isn’t anything revolutionary.

I probably buy a few games most people here hate or give bad reviews to, but only when I know exactly what I’m buying and wether or not it will fill that gap in what I’m looking to play. I was looking forward to this for a long, long time but my excitement wanted in the past few weeks with all the news and especially since you guys posted/reviews dropped but it looks good enough to spend less than full price and fuck around with. Haven’t seen anything game-breakingly horrible so far. I will admit I am sad it’s not an awesome, highly well received game off top though after waiting what feels like 3-4 years. Was it that long? Shit.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
So it seems you either love it or hate it. So far I absolutely love it. It feels weird agreeing with Utnayan, but I do. Hell I even noticed the rain sounding different today. Game has a lot of attention to detail, and decently slow pacing on upgrades that makes you want to explore the world more.

Gamestop has a 2 day return policy on this game specifically, they were worried about another Fallout 76 blowback lol.

I'm about 10 hours in, but taking my sweet time. 9/10 here. If you're bored, buy it and bring it back /shrug

reddit.com/r/Daysgone has a lot of people that like it too, so maybe we all have shitty taste.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I am enjoying it more now that I am deeper, some parts are still annoying but I am having fun. Gun controls got better with skill points.

• 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wish my copy got here from Gamefly already, they're being slow as shit.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
User reviews are over 8's across multiple sites now.

This game got a bad rep. It isn't HZD quality, but it's still good. And mechanics start to feel better once you start upgrading your skills. which is a bit odd in how they handled that.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
User reviews are over 8's across multiple sites now.

This game got a bad rep. It isn't HZD quality, but it's still good. And mechanics start to feel better once you start upgrading your skills. which is a bit odd in how they handled that.
Full price or half off sale in a few months?

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Full price or half off sale in a few months?

I’d say wait for sale or if you have BB gamers club it would be worth 20% off new at this point. Not necessarily a half off sale. Maybe 40 ish. :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wish my copy got here from Gamefly already, they're being slow as shit.

Got here now, bit busy this week but definitely enjoying the first sections - not anything new persay, but so well refined for what it's doing.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Utnayan Utnayan I'm starting to question your taste in games.

This thing is more repetitive than most games in recent memory that I've played, there's lag when traveling far across the map to the point where it will briefly freeze, the bugs are so numerous that I thought for a moment Bethesda made the game. Frame-rate drops are frequent and annoying as well.

Also, needing fuel to fast travel is lame. There's more filler to this game than anything and while filler is okay when done right, most of it is again, repetitive and downright boring at times.

The radio mission system is annoying. You go from being in a camp and having no missions, getting 5 min away from it and they radio you with a mission, have to go back, get it then go do it. meh.

I'd give it a 5.5/10. I'm pretty let down.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I haven't played it yet, but I kinda like the idea of studios trying to figure out a way to make fast travel feel like a little less of a cheat.

That's one of those things I cant help using if it's there. I need someone to pull the needle out of my arm for me on that.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I haven't played it yet, but I kinda like the idea of studios trying to figure out a way to make fast travel feel like a little less of a cheat.

That's one of those things I cant help using if it's there. I need someone to pull the needle out of my arm for me on that.

Then don't offer it at all. The map is large and fuel isn't the only thing that can stop you from a fast travel. A sudden infestation that is anywhere in the path from point a to point b also will require you to turn quick mission into something much longer as you have to ride all the way over there to clear it....even if its not directly in the way....like you couldn't just drive around the damn thing.