(PS4) Days gone. Q1-2019

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This thing is more repetitive than most games in recent memory that I've played, there's lag when traveling far across the map to the point where it will briefly freeze, the bugs are so numerous that I thought for a moment Bethesda made the game. Frame-rate drops are frequent and annoying as well.
I haven't played it a whole lot yet, mainly due to a pretty bad first impression, but I have had all the bugs and technical problems that ACG described in his video from practically the moment I started the game. I did a checkpoint reload three times just to finish the very first motorcycle chase because hitching/framedrops caused me to drive off the road. Pop-in is bad too, and while the texture load issues aren't as extreme as Division 2, they are still quite noticeable.

The 1.06 patch was supposed to fix some of the audio problems but apparently they had some Anthem-tier QA going on and the patch had to be pulled because it's causing the console to hard crash. Was planning to play it some more today, but I'm sure my console downloaded 1.06 automatically and I don't really feel like going to the trouble of deleting and reinstalling the game to go back to 1.05.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
On my end, I have not experienced any bugs. PS Pro here.

Fuel for the bike is everywhere. Go fill it up. You can drive down 4 feet and run across a truck with a gas can. Point is, you have to get off your Bike to grab it and refuel, and many times I have felt the tension wondering what may pop out at me. Hell you do not even have to get off the bike at a gas station, and you can also refill at a camp mechanic. You also get fuel tank upgrades so later on it becomes a reward to not have to fuel up as much.

I also have not run into one frame drop. This is all odd because we are on the same platform I think? Pro? Vanilla? Only thing that I have different in my Pro is a Hybrid SSD 2tb Drive.

Story and pacing can be a bit all over the board because you are going through multiple story arcs at once that slowly merge into one along the path. I am loving the side quests and learning that some of these camps may not all what they are cracked up to be. It doesn't take long to clear out nests. Some of the bandit camps are fun and finding the bunkers to skill up. Not anything different you hadn't seen in Far Cry 5.

For me, it's the tension of the game. I ran out of gas in my bike yesterday while hunting for meat for Boozer. And out popped a horde. I was shitting my pants in the woods figuring out how I was going to get fuel for that Bike and stay stealthed long enough for the horde to vanish. I had a few freakers after me and I was running low on ammo from hunting, and damn near out of bandages. I hightailed it into Cope's camp and was actually only disappointed by the fact I had an option to call my bike to the camp for 300 creds.

Those are the dynamic moments the game is forcing you into when you have to do certain things you think are time consuming. Some may hate it. I love it. It adds more dimension of an actual survival game in an Apocolyptic world. And the game forces you to use fast travel as a reward for past work and having the resources needed to do so, or else, you are going to be going out in the world whether you like it or not, and I think that is what makes the game.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I’m on pro, and you’re literally the only person in planet earth not having frame rate issues if that’s the case. Lol They've literally had to release a patch almost everyday since launch because of the issues...some to patch things they’ve already broken with previous patches.

To each their own, right now it’s a buggy piece of crap though and I’m done playing it until they fix it assuming I just don’t go trade it in.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Fuel is everywhere and i much prefer this fast traveling than the terrible RDR2 version.

I have experiacned massive framerate problems while on the bike. I am on a Pro. Its murder if you are in a chase/race
I have a pretty nice upgrade bike now. Really enjoying the bike side (kinda like mad max) but the frame rate drops are painful.
The other bugs are not game breaking, just odd connections to cut scenes. No bugs so far on game play,

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I am not seeing the frames drops on bikes to the point where I would call them massive. I think maybe it hits 24-25 fps? Again though, not sure if you experience this all the time or in certain segments.

Tarrant Tarrant I am sure they are happening to a lot of people. Usually I would see them. So not sure why I am so special I am not seeing them.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Much like most others, just when crossing the map map. I had a 3 second freeze that killed me last night and that’s when I said screw it and quit.

And I’m by no means an isolated case.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Much like most others, just when crossing the map map. I had a 3 second freeze that killed me last night and that’s when I said screw it and quit.

And I’m by no means an isolated case.

Nah you just suck.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I kid. :)

Are you on pro or vanilla? I clear my cache monthly. I start up in safe mode and rebuild my database. I also do NOT have boost mode enabled. Just a few things to try. I know it’s affecting a lot of folks.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
(Ok just tested this. Turned on boost mode. Crashed the game on start up. Got in and played, frame hitching sucked) turned off boost mode, back to normal. So if you are on a pro, disable boost mode. (Also rebuild your dB - runs a lot smoother in general for everything once you do that)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I've never done the "rebuild database" thing, but I did tonight after Utnayan Utnayan said something about it.

Yowza, menu navigation and the ps store is definitely faster.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

weird trailer highlighting a bunch of reviewers i've never heard of, must be how you get to THE KEEDZ

i'll still buy and play but in six months when its 75% off digitally. really enjoying AC Odyssey and FF15 now instead, gonna make some dents in my backlog over this dry summer

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I hear ya on the backlog. Too much too play. But this is a good game. You'll enjoy it when you get it.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Anyone on the 2nd half yet?

This story is some hardcore cuck bullshit.

SJW have nutured our biker story :(

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Preemptive defense of my hometown, Bend:

It was all loggers, hunters & small-town paradise when I was growing up. All of us real locals fled when the fucking hipsters and yuppies started moving in. Bend is Lil' Portland now.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Bend seems more like a baby Eugene looking to Portland for guidance now that Eugene isn’t little hippy haven as much anymore

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Anyone on the 2nd half yet?

This story is some hardcore cuck bullshit.

SJW have nutured our biker story :(

I’m getting to that part now. 1st half of the game was awesome. This latest half after iron Mike is so far aggravating during missions and I’m becoming a fetch bitch. Going to see if it picks up here again before full judgement.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user