Puzzles and Dragons

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
D/D batman doesn't seem that great to me, but I guess that's why he's the rare instead of super rare. Batman+Batwing is the one I'd be hoping for, but since I'm probably only going to do 2-3 spins at most I'll just be happy if I get a Robin instead of nothing but Catwomen.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just went through with U&Y + Bastet, 20x is pretty much enough to handle the whole thing. Of course since I have no U&Y friends no idea how 25x would work!

U&Y / Serpent God Viper / Shiva / Hera-Is / SoD Luci - it was just kind of a mish mash. Not really a need for Gravity honestly, and it is a long charge (well I mean 5 turns more than Viper). Viper is just there for emergency delay. And really don't think I need Shiva for Neptune as one 20x should break his defense. Will try again here in a second with probably the same U&Y + Bastet or Horus friend and switch up the subs.

PDX is showing the "Carnival of Likes" up for tomorrow. Was hoping it would be a real Godfest this time, but I'll throw my 4 rolls at it regardless.
I've always wanted to use a Spike team for Hera to make it fast, but I'm too worried about wasting the Stamina. Currently run it with My max Awoken Odin and a max Awoken Odin Ally, no healers necessary. I still remember my first run taking 3-4 hours of actual play time. I failed on Hera and had no stones. Tried it again the next day and managed to pull it off in 3.5 hours. What a travesty that was. Now it's just match 3 and use skills for 15 minutes or so, and then pray for skill ups.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Well, according to PDX it says they'll each have a 3x hit rate, which is technically what it says when a Godfest is running. So.... maybe they are just being stupid and not calling it a Player's Choice Godfest? Really fucking stupid of them if it doesn't have the same hit rate as a standard Godfest though.

Vorph

Based on what I read, it's a real godfest but Metatron and Odin still don't get the 3x. Kind of shitty of them to do that if it's true. They certainly didn't warn people before voting that the 'special' gods would still only appear at their normal rate, and I'm pretty sure the expectation of a 3x was the reason DTron, Odin, and BlOdin got so many votes. In effect, it's now just a 12 god godfest with the usual extras except that Ltron is excluded.

Grimmlokk, it's on the left column at PDX.

Also, Twinlits are coming for 12/31 - 1/1. Doubt anyone is particularly surprised since there wasn't really anything else that made sense to fill in that last "Others" mystery event listed at PDX.

Raign

Golden Squire
D/D batman doesn't seem that great to me, but I guess that's why he's the rare instead of super rare. Batman+Batwing is the one I'd be hoping for, but since I'm probably only going to do 2-3 spins at most I'll just be happy if I get a Robin instead of nothing but Catwomen.
D/D Batman (or any of them for that matter) aren't that great aside from how high the probability is of getting them. D/D with a Luci or Asteroth partner gives you a solid 4/2/2 team - which while not as nice as 4/0/4, is more than enough for a number of descends that would otherwise be unachievable with just some R/K subs and one or two high recovery subs to round it out. Not many teams are going to give you a 50k+ hp team with that little effort or randomness in achieving them.

Vorph

Yeah, I also noticed that DTron people love the D/D Batman too. Guess it's not as bad as I thought--just not very useful for my particular setup. D/B would be a great sub for Haku though, especially since Loki didn't make the cut for the godfest.

PAD forum spreadsheet claims a 10% chance of getting a gold egg from BEM (and likely a 50/50 chance of getting d/b or d/l), so I will just go back to hoping I get a Robin on the first pull so I can stop right there. No way I can throw enough stones at it to have any real expectation of getting Batwing.

Raign

Golden Squire
Anyone have thoughts on the new dragon? I rather like that it is a solid replacement for GOdin (as a person who does not have a GOdin....) and has a leader swap mechanic. Thinking it might make an interesting team on descends with a lot of trash at the beginning (e.g. Hera) where you could use a spike set up to get through the trash then swap out to dragon for the later floors that are much harder to burst down.

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone have thoughts on the new dragon? I rather like that it is a solid replacement for GOdin (as a person who does not have a GOdin....) and has a leader swap mechanic. Thinking it might make an interesting team on descends with a lot of trash at the beginning (e.g. Hera) where you could use a spike set up to get through the trash then swap out to dragon for the later floors that are much harder to burst down.
I would say it's a solid substitute for GOdin, but not a replacement.. at least until the dragons get an ultimate evo (who knows how long that will be).

Going from Odin to the Mystic Astro Dragon loses you almost 1.5k health, ~500 RCV, a dual element and 5% mitigation (GOdin is 80%, dragon is 75%). Plus losing Odin's bind immunity, 500 HP/turn, and 1 skill boost for awoken skills is really shitty.

Of course, the Dragon's skill might be really nice for certain dungeons, like Grand Tengu's, it's just a shame that pretty much every single boss past the normal dungeons uses multi-hit.

Wocket_sl

shitlord
I considered it, but getting an over 20k HP team to run Hera was rather prohibitive. 5% difference on the leadet skill doesn't sound bad, but at the types of numbers you're talking about for descends, it can be a surprisingly large problem.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
The only way it was "pure" luck, is if he ran into nothing synced. He already got lucky on not getting 4 spawns, but if he also ran into 4 rounds of nothing synced, that's beyond getting lucky.

I just want to know if I'm seriously going to have to spend 15 stones on this bitch. I feel like I'm doing something wrong here, but if this is what it "costs" to bust through the entry level descends in this game, I think I'm done.
Do you have a Siren or any auto healer on your account? I can provide a Green odin as well as many people here, with an auto healer, and some decent subs you can beat hera, my account has had just horrendous luck in all the godfests. I've pulled every time people suggest there are really solid leaders being selective - and I have looted none of the combo multiplier leaders, my gods have trended to the attack/rcv sets so fielding large health pool teams has been an issue. Instead of burning stones - just level your account more - hera can wait she'll be back - they cycle these decends much more rapidly than they used to. You need to breach like 16/17k hp - with an Odin to Pass Hades. The key thing about the decends is either you get lucky early in the life cycles of your account and the egg machine, or you don't. And if you don't you're just farming longer, but every time you roll the dice maybe your luck will change, at least that is what my account is telling me after 270 days of logging in. If you're projecting 15 stones, your team is not really functional to finish the dungeon based on all spawn possibilities, your matching and planning in the dungeon isn't up to snuff, but absolutely no one here has slogged through a 15 stone aquisition unless you're just trying to brute force drops through RL cash.

TLDR; just keep collecting stones and rolling during godfests, that's the best you can do.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Well was able to get five Hera today, good for one skill up on Hera-Is. Am like 10k xp from level but won't get enough STA by tonight to run it again and level I don't think. Don't like the fact I had success with the U&Y because it just makes me feel like I can use it regularly, heh

40 stones saved for Twinlit tomorrow, which with my orb luck means I'll hopefully get 4-5 runs finished! Hopefully thread is pretty active tomorrow with team by build help. Right now I'm thinking one of the dual Zeus builds or Zeus / Bastet posted on PDX. I have max Echidna, a Viper, and both Batman for delays.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I'm picking this up again, was rerolling for a few days trying to get Luci, but ended up getting a Lvl. 30 Leilan, so I stuck with her. Any recommendations on a good starting team? I have a dub-emelit, a titan, shiny pengdu and filler for now. Should I farm for a naga first?

Vorph

You definitely need a naga, but if you try to farm it outside of Scarlet Snake Princess... well, have fun with that. I tried all the normal dungeon drop spots and went 0 for more than I can count before SSP finally came around. Unfortunately you just missed a SSP last week.
frown.png

Other good mobs to consider -- for green, get your Puzzdroid from the Mysterious Visitors special and turn it into a Top Droidragon. For red, pick the correct egg that turns into a red snow globe dragon (it's the one that says Happy Holidays during the fight, if you get something else exit the dungeon and try again). Both of those are easy to evolve if you devote a Thursday to doing the plant dungeon. Dump ~250k xp into the snow globe dragon and you've got a good sub for now, and 1.5M worth of xp fodder for Leilan down the road a bit. For filler, you can use other dragons (rippers from the Pal machine, starter dragon, rank 20 present if you happen to get a useful one, etc.), dub-lits, and keepers.

For friends, you'll want to find a whole bunch of people who have Leilan, Bastet, or Kushinada up all the time. Possibly Sakuya and Horus as well, since Top Droidragon will trigger Sakuya's blue/Horus' 4th color requirement.

I would advise making a resolve team right away too. Solomon Grundy from the Batman collab going on now + Top Droidragon + 3 sapphlits + friend evolved Siren = trivial clears of the expert tier wed/fri dungeons. Alternatively, go green and use ogre + copperhead + 3 emelits + evolved Alraune. That will get you more dub-lits as well as masks for your evolves. Masks are better than spirits for your wed/fri clears too.

Raign

Golden Squire
So I'm picking this up again, was rerolling for a few days trying to get Luci, but ended up getting a Lvl. 30 Leilan, so I stuck with her. Any recommendations on a good starting team? I have a dub-emelit, a titan, shiny pengdu and filler for now. Should I farm for a naga first?
Basically what Vorph said. Add me, I have Bast up pretty much all day every day as a good match for Leilan and have most of the other requireds if you want to go the in another direction (autohealer if you want to go resolve, resolve lead, etc), just message me in game. Add a few of the others from the board here and you can pretty much have a good lead set up running whenever you need.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Ran the new dragon on legendary. Haha holy shit was that easy. I even brought a RK so I could live through his 102k hit, but didn't need it because I used gravity and managed to fully-match every round to kill him.
Also, the evolved persephone skillups can drop from legendary... so now I know where all of my stamina is going to go (because fuck evolving skillup mobs with a Dark Keeper).

Vorph

(because fuck evolving skillup mobs with a Dark Keeper).
Yeah, I skilled up my two harpies almost 20 times and my DJ twice from doing Dragon in Motley, and I never once got a Wicked Lady drop. Even ignoring the fact that you have to evolve them, I can't imagine actually trying to skill up a Persephone using that dungeon.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yomi
Succu
Cupid
Ifrit
Kushinadahime
Agdrall
Pierdra
Viper
Pierdra

I didn't have any of the 3 gods I rolled so not too terrible. Probably should have saved some stones for twinlits... oh well. Haven't really felt like playing lately so I'll probably wait a while before spending time on it anyway.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Red Golem
Kirin

I'm done! Time to buy a bunch of monster slots. Though I do sort of wish she used dark so I'd have a better excuse to Awaken and use my Yomi.