Raised by Wolves

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
How the fuck do I watch this? I specifically signed up for HBO Max on Hulu, and none of the Max content is there. It's a fucking scam.

I can't even find a good torrent thanks to some stupid BBC show with the same goddamn name.

Cybsled

HBO Max also isn't on Roku or Firestick, right?

Such a pain in the ass

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
How the fuck do I watch this? I specifically signed up for HBO Max on Hulu, and none of the Max content is there. It's a fucking scam.

I can't even find a good torrent thanks to some stupid BBC show with the same goddamn name.

IPT has it

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Ya i sub hbo through prime and ill have to torrent this and will reconsider my sub

The fucking retard that walled this behind max should be drawn and quartered. Why do i pay for hbo if it doesn't get me their content?

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
This stinks of internal politics. Some stiff dicked product VP is trying to shank his boss.

The longer I spend in corporate America, the more I start assuming everywhere works like OCP from RoboCop.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
This stinks of internal politics. Some stiff dicked product VP is trying to shank his boss.

The longer I spend in corporate America, the more I start assuming everywhere works like OCP from RoboCop.
It does.

Hedeon

Molten Core Raider
They have the first episode up on YouTube for free so I gave it a watch.

It was pretty interesting, did not expect the first episode to take the route it did. The acting was ok, even the kids, the special effects look pretty rough in some spots, I got flashbacks to watching The Lawnmower Man or some mid 90s video game cinematic. Overall I'd watch it if wasn't tucked behind HBO Max.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They placated Ridley Scott on it because he directed the first two episodes but it's surprisingly good, they created an interesting universe and the story is entertaining. CGI are hit and miss though.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I thought the first episode was fantastic. Special effect didn't bother me...everything looked pretty good I thought. I also thought the science of it made sense for the most part.

Xevy

Log Wizard
First episode is about 300000% more action than you'll see in the next two.

Good series. I can already see the complaints coming from the "regulars" here about anti-religion or whatever, so not looking forward towards that bitching. It's a lot of plot and not a lot of action, but given the circumstances I don't think they can do big fight scenes every episode. The world is interesting, I keep wanting to look up wiki info on the backstory, but this is an original series so we won't know what a Necromancer really is until they tell us.

• 2Like

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Hmm, I actually liked the second and third episode much better.
The first episode had that Deus ex Machina moment that was badly thought out...

One android to infiltrate and freaking destroy that Mithraic ark ? Seriously ? She just took a shuttle, went there and shat all over them. That was so silly, an eye rolling moment. If you need the ark to crash to the planet for the narrative to progress, you come up with something smarter.

Other that that, this is a good show. Actually, a really good show. Mithraic vs atheists, that is amazing. I really liked that...
That little scene where the atheist that pretends to be a Mithraic recalls that the mithraics did not use child soldiers, only the atheist did. So it is not all black and white. And the fact that the Necromancer is a Mithraic android, i liked that too.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

One android to infiltrate and freaking destroy that Mithraic ark ? Seriously ? She just took a shuttle, went there and shat all over them. That was so silly, an eye rolling moment. If you need the ark to crash to the planet for the narrative to progress, you come up with something smarter.

Other that that, this is a good show. Actually, a really good show. Mithraic vs atheists, that is amazing. I really liked that...
That little scene where the atheist that pretends to be a Mithraic recalls that the mithraics did not use child soldiers, only the atheist did. So it is not all black and white. And the fact that the Necromancer is a Mithraic android, i liked that too.

I think the ark part is forgivable because they had no way to expect one of their own super weapons not only got coopted but appeared in the middle of no where and came right at them in full murder bot mode. I am pretty sure if they had any idea one like her was on the planet the ark would have done things very differently.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider

Seems like most people here like the show, but I'll be a contrarion. I only watched the first episode but I wasn't very impressed, mainly for the reason you mention in your first spoiler. To me it started to feel like Westworld when Westworld started jumping the shark. Except this show did it pretty much out of the gate. I wasn't interested enough to check out the second or third episode. Maybe it gets better, who knows?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

But that's the point me and Xevy Xevy made - there's the desire to look up information that hasn't been given in the show.
it seems that during whatever war that these Necromancer units were basically the equivalent of Skynet's Terminators - you see them flying around nuking shit. And it seems this one was re-programmed to raise children t-800 style

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
But that's the point me and Xevy Xevy made - there's the desire to look up information that hasn't been given in the show.
it seems that during whatever war that these Necromancer units were basically the equivalent of Skynet's Terminators - you see them flying around nuking shit. And it seems this one was re-programmed to raise children t-800 style

Sure, that makes sense. But if you feel that way it just means that the show isn't doing its job providing you with the information you need. There is a distinction between revealing small unexplained plot points that hint at the deep/rich lore and history of the show's universe, vs. leaving you guessing about huge plot holes.

Even still, some shows hit you with a bunch of stuff early and then slowly explain things as the show progresses. I generally don't have a problem with that approach. Like I said, I only watched the first episode so I fully admit they may do a great job of explaining what the fuck happened in the first episode later.

Honestly, it's not just a lack of explanation that bothers me about it though

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Sure, that makes sense. But if you feel that way it just means that the show isn't doing its job providing you with the information you need.

we are 3 episodes in rofl

oh wait, you're the guy complaining that GOT didn't reveal who Jon Snow's mother was in season 1

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
we are 3 episodes in rofl

oh wait, you're the guy complaining that GOT didn't reveal who Jon Snow's mother was in season 1

No, I'm the guy who gave up on GoT as soon as they ran out of original source material because it started getting shitty and I suspected it would only get worse as things progressed. I feel pretty good about my decision.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
In the first two episodes they give enough information to tell, broad strokes, who each character is and their motivation and even a little history. tbh, super weird complaint, i thought the show did a great job of setting up the world. If you're a person waiting for quality sci-fi to be on the air and this isn't it, idk wtf you're looking for.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like