Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

iannis

Musty Nester
It's a beautiful movie.

But honestly, the origional release was fucking incomprehensible. The extended cut is better, but still you miss a lot unless you've read the book.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
2 weeks ago I watched Days of Thunder. Ton Cruise really was good in that. Tonight, I watched Top Gun. Another Tom Cruise classic.

Good actor.

iannis

Musty Nester
I've only ever watched about half of what he makes. Mission Impossible -- i'm sure they're entertaining popcorn movies, but pass. I've actually never watched Jerry McGuire either.

But he makes movies that I do watch, and I like them and he always does a very good job in them. I really appreciate that he has a little bit of a sci-fi streak in him. I dunno if that comes from L. Ron or just the realization that it's generally been an under served market that has the potential to give him added credibility as an actor... but I even liked Oblivion if they'd cut about 15 minutes out of it that was just "Tom kisses the girl". It really did knock the movie down a notch. He's aging out of "kisses the girl" even if he doesn't look it.

Yeah, he's a short crazy fucker who jumps on sofas and bronzed his baby's poop. And he's a vampire that sucks the life out of his wives in order to remain looking like he's perpetually 30 odd.

Oh, and he's a mutant. He's got 3 front teeth.

But he's good at his job. You gotta give him that. He was even funny in tropic thunder.

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Jerry McGuire was a great fucking movie. Get on that one! And watch the MI where it's in Dubai. That was pretty cool.

I've actually never watched Rock of Ages, Lions for Lambs (never even heard of that one), or Magnolia (need to see this the most). I've liked pretty much everything he's done, so I should see them. I doubt they'll disappoint.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm watching a movie right now called "The Bling Ring". It's about a bunch of rich kids in Cali that decide to facebook stalk celebrities and break into their houses while they're out of town, then steal some higher end clothing and shit like that. It stars Ema Watson from Harry Potter, that younger girl from American Horror Story and a few other people. The celebs are like Paris Hilton, Megan Fox and a few others. First off, some of the music from the movie is terrible. The volume levels are way out of proportion to the rest of the movie. This is shown great with the very first scene. It almost sounds like the speakers are trying to blow, even if you're playing it quietly.

Aside from that, the movie isn't "that" bad. It's not great, but not terrible either. Dumb kids being dumb. I'd give it a 5 or 6 out of 10. I'm a little over 50% through the movie now.

Oldbased

> Than U
Was watching a movie called Tracers the other night. Not terrible. Reminded me of a standard 80/90s movie but kept thinking this woman isn't bad. Turns out it was Octavia from The 100.
Marie Avgeropoulos. Sad she hasn't done nude scenes. Hollywood going to crap. Anyways 5/10.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I ended up watching Magnolia last night. Another Tom Cruise one. It was decent enough, but dark. Everyone on the show was a fuck up in one way or another. And it was 3 hours long (holy shit). I'd say you can watch it if nothing else is on, but I wouldn't seek it out directly. Unless of course, you want to hear Tom Cruise say bock Cock and Cunt. He does that. And talks about pussy a lot. That was amusing and out of character compared to who he normally plays. I'd give it like a 6 or 7 out of 10. It was better than it was worse, but it's so long, it's almost not worth it.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The Assignment - what a weird movie. Only good stuff was Sigourney's performance. And Michelle's boobs.
5/10

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Doctor Strange 6.5/10, a lot of negative hype, but I liked it and kinda wished I had seen it in theaters. Ancient one was plastic looking.

Don't Think Twice - 5.75/10, bald dude from Keanu, blonde from Community, and dead tooth from Bored to Death: a group of close friends fall apart and get back together again. Positive ending, but still left me feeling shitty.

Masterminds - 5.5/10, Fern guy, blond Wilson: chick who I normally hate 100%, kept her comedy 'style' in check and was favorably hot, awkward girl was funny. Overall good family fun.

And something (literally) forgettable

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Last five movies I watched (or rewatched) not in the theatre:

Wanted- This movie was pretty good and got a bad rap. Not sure how it was not bigger at the time, with the Kingsmen style action vibe and fuck you attitude. I rate it an 8/10.

Real Genius- While the science stuff doesn't hold up and the nerd stuff is almost three decades old, the basic humor and Val Kilmer in his prime are still awesome. 9/10.

Gross Point Blank- Loved this movie since I first saw it, but the wife had never watched it yet and was totally into it. Cult classic, 9/10

Victor Frankenstein- Normally like the people in this and the basic story, but holy shit was this boring as fuck all. Sadly, Sting is still the best Dr Frankenstein from The Bride. 3/10

The Town- Not bad, but I don't think is as good as people make it out to be. Its not even Affleck and Renner's best work. 6/10

Shit we saw in theaters the last month:

Wonder Woman- Not flawless and Galdot cant act for shit, but Pine can carry any movie on his back if you let him. 8.5/10

King Arther- Good, but not good enough this summer. 6.5/10

Pirates 5- Fun, but predictable. Geoffry Rush will always get me to buy a ticket, though. 6/10

Alien Covenant- Visually amazing, but too many characters and some odd story choices bring it down for me. 7/10

Guardians 2- Was never going to be as good as the first, but still better than 99% of whats out there in the last several years. 9.9/10

Big Lebowski- Went for the Tuesday retro showing at our local Cineopolis. Crowd was bigger than a lot of the A list movies we went to this year. 11/10 would abide again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
War on Everyone - great movie. Comedy ,action, Gore, titties, wit, buddy cops, artistic shots, throwbacks, heroes, cowboys, isis, trannies, booze, drugs, social commentary, and explosions. 8.25/10

Oldbased

> Than U
Saw Star Trek Beyond finally. They cram too much action in these things, Star Trek was never about action in the old, it was just part of the story, not the whole story.
Still I gave it 6/10 wasn't terrible.
Also got Epix free for the rest of the year by going to Epix and signing up for tree trial, can add phones, tablets and whatever to devices to stream any of the billion movies they have. No credit card needed. Just use a new account if you had a old one.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
2 weeks ago I watched Days of Thunder. Ton Cruise really was good in that. Tonight, I watched Top Gun. Another Tom Cruise classic.

Good actor.
nicole-kidman-days-of-thunder-1990-directed-by-tony-scott-paramount-F4PKMF.jpg

da fuq happened?
giphy.gif

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
He's a vampire that steals their soul.

When married.
027F9D660000044D-0-image-a-45_1421189860286.jpg

Upon divorce, 6 years later.
katie-holmes-leaving-lawyers.jpg

• 2Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Uh, Nicole Kidman is still hot as hell. What the fuck is wrong with you?

That gif with the green giant hands is a shop.

• 2Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
Watched The Take from 2016 Idris Elba. I really enjoyed it. Was set to France, but decent CIA/Op/Antifa/Bank robbery movie. 7.5/10

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Saw Passengers was on Starz, so I decided hey I'll watch that again. After about 10 seconds in I realized it was a different Passengers, from 2008 with Anne Hathaway and I had never seen it. 7/10 was still good even 9 years old.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Free movie rental from TMobile on Vudu today.
I got Resident Evil, The Great Wall, John Wick2, Life, Chips and Power Rangers( not really my thing, never saw the cartoon in old days, I was a Voltron man), Logan and Fantastic Beasts to choose from. Which one? Want to select one in a few hours.
I assume most will say John Wick 2, but out of all of these I will probably just purchase it at a later time when cheaper, so keep that in mind.