Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If you haven't seen Logan, that's a pretty strong contender. I would have said John Wick 2, but you said you will purchase it soon enough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Of those, I've only seen Logan and JW2, but gotta say both are very good choices. What one you go with depends on what sort of movie you're in the mood to see.

Or just toss a coin.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Got to see Crispin Glover host a screening of What is it? Student film levels of bizarre incoherence but first question in the Q&A afterwards he was asked why he made it and he was 100% frank about everything and I have a lot more respect for the movie and massively enjoyed hearing him talk about it for 2.5 hours. Normal Q&A is supposed to be around an hour but he went off on some crazy tangents and lost track of time but I'd definitely suggest checking it out if he's screening it near you. Him doing his 8 books show and talking was worth the price of admission.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
2:22, watched it mainly because I love Groundhog Day type movies, and Teresa Palmer is hot as fuck.

It wasn't really a Groundhog Day movie though. And not very good. So I was pretty disappointed all the way around. Might have seen a little sideboob of Palmer, but since I can see a lot more on Fappening websites, not worth watching this movie for.

It wasn't terrible, but it just wasn't any good really. Pretty dumb/silly plot, multiple elements telegraphed from miles away, stupid "chemistry"/fate bringing the two mains together. Michiel Huisman (you'd recognize him from Game of Thrones as the pretty boy banging Dany for awhile, Daario, but I had no idea what his fucking name was without looking it up) is decent enough in it, and a hunk of a man too. The actors weren't bad at all, outside of the ex-boyfriend who was supposed to be a massive douche and reminded me totally of a younger/skinnier/aliver/less talented Philip Seymour Hoffman.

There just wasn't anything to make me glad I watched it. 5/10 just because what was the point?

2:22 (2017) - IMDb

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Been catching a lot of movies lately for the summer...

Logan: 8.5/10
Despicable Me 3: 4/10 (Kids would probably say 7+)
Captain Underpants: 3/10 (Kids would probably say 7+ maybe slightly under DM3)
GotG Vol.2: 7.5/10 (Comparatively to other Marvel Movies)
Beauty and the Beast: 9/10 (Wife's Rating... I missed this one but she really enjoyed it)

Just because it was mentioned above, I have to disagree with Moana. I think it's a 8.5+/10 personally. I think it killed Frozen in terms of likable characters, music, and story. Maybe it's where I have 2 boys but I felt Frozen was an fairly overrated movie even though it had a catchy song. It's tough to rate anything in the Disney / Marvel family as they just knock some things completely out of the park and other movies when they do well, they're great movies but not as good as some of the blockbuster stories.

Going to watch Spiderman Homecoming Thursday. Looking forward to it.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Baby Driver: 5/10. I'd wait until it's on DVD/download to see it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Beauty and the Beast: 9/10 (Wife's Rating... I missed this one but she really enjoyed it)

This movie bothered me. The subject was fine, and I enjoyed the cartoon when I was younger. But something about the audio during the entire movie really put me off. The impression it gave me was that the movie itself was shot in complete silence. Everyone "mouthed" their words, but never actually spoke to one another. Then 100% of the audio was put in after the fact. EVERY scene that was outside had birds and ambient noises that were too loud. All of the words spoken (or sung) were just "placed" onto the film when they should have been placed, but there was no real connection. Not like traditional acting, at least. It's as if all of the voices were alone in individual rooms, so when they spoke their lines, they weren't matching the emotion of whomevers line was before theirs. It was all isolated. Granted, this type of thing works perfectly with animated movies, but it was off for this one. I'm not even sure if this rant makes sense to other people, but that's the feeling I had when watching it. No connectivity.

• 1Solidarity

Szlia

Saw 20ish movies in a festival... I guess the stand outs were:

Baahubali 2: The Conclusion
, the second part of a super epic indian movie. It's so over the top and devoid of 2nd degree that it lands in a strange territory between "so bad it's good" and "contagious enthusiasm." Amusingly, the classic "prince in disguise" plot is well executed and gives a nice veneer of legendary tale to the movie.

Blade of the Immortal: a Miike helmed adaptation of the manga of the same name. So: messy and bloody sword fights with a variety of weapons framed in a simple but effective plot where the lines between good and evil get increasingly blurrier. I would have liked greater variations in film making to go along the different fighting styles, and more emphasis on the different ways to fight with the different weapons, but heh, it's already pretty good.

Things you can avoid:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventures: another Miike helmed adaptation of the manga of the same name. Pretty damn retarded and the second half of the movie slows down to a verbose crawl that breaks all conceivable bullshit-o-meters.

Black Hollow Cage: a spanish slow paced sci-fi thriller kinda, shot in english, somewhere between Time Crimes and Ex-Machina. Slick direction, solid acting, great set and costume design... ridiculously lame plot.

Things that are average or not worth writing about but I saw. Ask if you want to know more: Marlina The Murderer in Four Acts (filipino arty slow-paced Tarentino), The Merciless (korean thriller), Have A Nice Day (chinese animated black comedy), Bitch (american indie social satire), Super Dark Times (american indie '90s coming of age that takes a wrong turn), Reset (chinese time travel action), Prevenge (uk black comedy / revenge), Zombiology (hk zombie action comedy), Spoor (polish kinda thriller), Era El Cielo (south american psychological revenge drama), Dave Made A Maze (american indie sweded horror comedy?), Viking (russian viking film), Attraction (russian The Day The Earth Stood Still), Bushwick (american 2nd civil war movie), Before We Vanish (japanese twllight-zoneish minimalist alien invasion movie), Berlin Syndrom (australian abduction drama set in Berlin), Goran (croatian dark comedy).

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been catching a lot of movies lately for the summer...

Logan: 8.5/10
Despicable Me 3: 4/10 (Kids would probably say 7+)
Captain Underpants: 3/10 (Kids would probably say 7+ maybe slightly under DM3)
GotG Vol.2: 7.5/10 (Comparatively to other Marvel Movies)

Just because it was mentioned above, I have to disagree with Moana. I think it's a 8.5+/10 personally. I think it killed Frozen in terms of likable characters, music, and story. Maybe it's where I have 2 boys but I felt Frozen was an fairly overrated movie even though it had a catchy song. It's tough to rate anything in the Disney / Marvel family as they just knock some things completely out of the park and other movies when they do well, they're great movies but not as good as some of the blockbuster stories.

Going to watch Spiderman Homecoming Thursday. Looking forward to it.

I haven't seen Frozen yet, but it is insane popular.
Moana was good. I enjoyed it. Possibly a 7.25 - but it wasn't amazing, which is what's required to break the 8+ barrier.
I agree with Marvel, there's almost a kind of emotional diminishing rewards - even though one is technically better than something outside the series, compared to the whole, or watered down by the whole, it may be rated lower - - Come to think of it, Pixar may have this same effect.

Went to my first Drive-In last night, I had it hardcoded in my mind "opens at 6:30" so we got there at that time. Got our spot.. and then darkness came after 9 pm lol. Family was exhausted and cranky by time of second movie. I tried to power on, but then humidity set in and we couldn't see through the windows.. and it felt awkward sitting in a chair outside while the family fumed in the car.
.. so we left in the first 5 mins of Spiderman Homecoming :(
We did see Despicable Me 3 though...It was bad. It could have been worse. way worse. One would be fine to never see it. I had no qualms leaving for the restroom instead of stubbornly holding until the end. However, it wasn't a waste of time and it was enjoyable overall. I could see it being be fine playing on loop by the kids. South Park voice as villain was too distracting however. 4.75

Netflix
Tap 3.75 - Moderately intriguing, trying to figure out wtf is going on, until basically a side-character tells you 1/4 of the way in and the movie jumps the shark shortly after. Leap frogged it rest of way and no value was perceived.
Lucid Dream 3.5 - I thought this would be artsy and surreal, but instead it's kind of like Korean Taken. However, it was overacted and soapy, undercutting any good it could have had.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Devil's Double. Its based off Uday Hussein's story. I was really surprised at how intriguing the movie was. I thought it was going to be some Iraqi shit, but its pretty hollywood. Delightfully surprised.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was blown away by Warcraft (now On Demand for free with trial of Max through Xfinity); I don't know why I thought it would be terrible. I would definitely watch a second movie in theaters. Such body blows, sights and sounds, it was so true. There was so much good to be received. 8/10.

• 1Worf

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was blown away by Warcraft (now On Demand for free with trial of Max through Xfinity); I don't know why I thought it would be terrible. I would definitely watch a second movie in theaters. Such body blows, sights and sounds, it was so true. There was so much good to be received. 8/10.
I agree, not terrible. A while ago I saw it on piratebay and downloaded it on a whim, fully expecting to turn it off after 15 minutes. I hadn't payed attention to it prior to release so I was shocked at the names appearing in it. I watched the whole thing and didn't actually regret it. 6/10

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't seen Frozen yet, but it is insane popular.
Moana was good. I enjoyed it. Possibly a 7.25 - but it wasn't amazing, which is what's required to break the 8+ barrier.
I agree with Marvel, there's almost a kind of emotional diminishing rewards - even though one is technically better than something outside the series, compared to the whole, or watered down by the whole, it may be rated lower - - Come to think of it, Pixar may have this same effect.

Went to my first Drive-In last night, I had it hardcoded in my mind "opens at 6:30" so we got there at that time. Got our spot.. and then darkness came after 9 pm lol. Family was exhausted and cranky by time of second movie. I tried to power on, but then humidity set in and we couldn't see through the windows.. and it felt awkward sitting in a chair outside while the family fumed in the car.
.. so we left in the first 5 mins of Spiderman Homecoming :(
We did see Despicable Me 3 though...It was bad. It could have been worse. way worse. One would be fine to never see it. I had no qualms leaving for the restroom instead of stubbornly holding until the end. However, it wasn't a waste of time and it was enjoyable overall. I could see it being be fine playing on loop by the kids. South Park voice as villain was too distracting however. 4.75

Netflix
Tap 3.75 - Moderately intriguing, trying to figure out wtf is going on, until basically a side-character tells you 1/4 of the way in and the movie jumps the shark shortly after. Leap frogged it rest of way and no value was perceived.
Lucid Dream 3.5 - I thought this would be artsy and surreal, but instead it's kind of like Korean Taken. However, it was overacted and soapy, undercutting any good it could have had.
man netflix originals are turning out to be garbage....i get that they got a lot of money to throw around but pls...stop..

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
get-out-mainstage-dated-58828bab73e20-1.png

Sucked 2/10

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Moana 1926 version - silent movies, even voiced-over ones can have their charm. fappable; turtle scene was rough with promise of tits.
3/10

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Just watched BLAME! on Netflix

I don't know anything about the manga but I quite enjoyed this movie. 7/10