Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Elysium - ,4/10 and that'sonly because of the visuals and design. Holy shit was the story beyond retarded.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Watched Batman vs Harley Quinn. Umm.. Not sure if I liked it or not. I literally wtf'd a few times watching it. If you like the animated DC movies it's worth a look.

I'd give it a 5/10 I guess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
The hitmans body guard 2/10 - Holy shit was this movie fucking terrible. Literally played out like some liberal hollywood cuck beta bitches fan fiction that somehow made itself into a movie. Also Jackson is 69 fucking years old but the movie portrays him as capable and agile as a someone in their 20s. Fucking retarded.

• 1Worf

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
The Abyss 9/10 - Didn't like the lecture on how bad humans are. But such a good fucking movie. Damn it's so good.

Baywatch 6.5/10 - Some decent forced humor, insanely hot brunette, the Rock is always great, just kind of boring plot.

• 1Picard

Oldbased

> Than U
Adult World. 2013 movie. I'm not sure if I was supposed to laugh all the way through it but I did. I found it fairly entertaining for a 3am movie. 7/10( not blockbuster rating. This 7/10 is based on typical everyday movies you come across randomly )

• 1Picard

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
Watched Batman vs Harley Quinn. Umm.. Not sure if I liked it or not. I literally wtf'd a few times watching it. If you like the animated DC movies it's worth a look.

I'd give it a 5/10 I guess.

Just watched it, I thought it was great. It had a great sense of humor while also having more adult language and situations. Titty punching. I didn't like the last <5 seconds, although by that point it had done such a great job that I didn't mind. 8.5/10

Justice League Dark- Crap. I fucking hate magic because with magic there are no rules... anything the writers come up with goes. It's too deus ex machina. This one has Zatana (whatever her name is) and John Constantine. 5/10

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Passengers 7/10 - enjoyable but predictable ending. They should have killed starlord then had Jennifer Lawrence wake up someone herself.

• 2Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Gone With The Wind 9/10.
Great Score, Writing, Acting , Cinematography, Set Design.

Clark Gable was amazing. Rhett rules.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard

worldx

Trakanon Raider
Little Evil - 7/10
Clever writing and Evangeline Lilly looks amazing.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Watched this last night, not sure how much coverage it got in the US. Arnie Hammer, Sharlito Copley, Brie Larsson, Cillian Murphy in a weapons deal that goes wrong.

If you have a good surround system and enjoy shootouts then you HAVE to watch this movie. The plot is non existent but there's a lot of action done in a unique way and the bullet fx are very very good.

• 1Picard

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Watched American Vandal in its entirety yesterday.

Was expecting it to lose steam fast and get stupid/boring but it was surprisingly well done. Funny AND compelling! 7.5/10 Worth a watch.

EDIT: And I just realized I'm the wrong thread because it isn't a movie. Oh well, leaving it here.

• 2Solidarity

Szlia

Watched Michel 'The Artist & OSS 117' Hazanavicius' latest: Le redoutable (Redoubtable is the english title).

It's a comedy based on an auto-biographical book by Anne Wiazemsky about one year of her life with famous French New Wave director Jean-Luc Godard. A modicum of knowledge of european and film history is probably needed to enjoy the film to its fullest, but I am sure it also works without it. Louis Garrel is spectacular in his imitation of Godard and the character is written in a very funny way, capturing both Godard actual sense of humor (with a love of bad puns that are probably hard to translate) and making him a comedic figure with his stubbornness, clumsiness, verbosity and contrarian attitude. In the part of then actress Anne Wiazemsky (she later in life became an acclaimed novelist), Stacy Martin (seen in the first - and best - half of Lars von Trier's Nymphomaniac) act as polar opposite to Garrel's Godard with her youthful charm, light-heartedness and composure.

Hazanavicious's achievement here, is to manage to mix the comedy with a presentation of the political and artistic struggles of the time with a form that is an homage of sorts to the energy, creativity and love of cinema of this period. All of this with a pinch of meta humor (that was also present then). Possibly a sign of the times, his film is not as reckless as those of the french new wave, so it feels the whole exercise could have been a little more crazy. As it stands, the reins are held a little bit too tightly. Also, trying to maintain a light tone during the May 68 riots is a bit strange, because throwing setts at people is not very funny.

8/10

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Deepwater Horizon. 6-7/10

I give it that zone of an extra point or not as it worked for me on a more relatable level than others might have. I work in a blue collar job and there's safety and hazards concerns / procedures ( nothing like an oil-rig ) but there are risks around, plus the characters all felt like the people you'd meet on a daily basis. In short, it had the right feel

Hell of a good cast, it was surprising to see so many big names in it.

And it was a dramatic movie, but with a doco feel. At times text would appear on-screen to inform you of certain technical aspects. That sort of broke the film feel, but was necessary, other than that what could they do? A lesser film would have the characters verbally describing things in an unrealistic way.

I guess the weakness to the film as that we all know the story and the outcome. It does its job and tells the story in detail and then sort of ends . . . I felt like there was going to be more run time after getting back to land.

spronk

FPS noob
Just got back from Chasing The Dragon which is playing at AMC theaters weirdly, new Hong Kong movie staring Donnie Yen (IP Man, Rogue One) and Andy Lau.
An illegal immigrant from Mainland China sneaks into corrupt British-colonized Hong Kong in 1963, transforming himself into a ruthless and emerging drug lord.

Was a bit weird, I haven't seen a ton of hong kong movies so it kinda reminded me a bit of Sleeping Dogs or Infernal Affairs but nowhere near as rich or interesting as either one. The story was sort of all over the place, you could tell China has its influences in it as it tries to portray chinese people and officials as the good guys and white foreigners as all evil and manipulative. Its just all over the place though story wise, nothing complicated but just bouncing from character to plot with little rhyme or reason. The characters all felt incredibly unrealistic and weird. Most of the action scenes were just not very good. I think I'd rather watch 80s classic Hong Kong movies than this. No nudity, sadly

Slightly better than the recent Bruce Lee biopic movie but not much better.