Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Berserk Golden Arc I : smoothed some things out, but I prefer the original 6/10
Berserk Golden Arc II : Smoothed out a great deal and is better paced than the original 7/10

Last Kingdom : Meh enough, but ends at Season 2 without really accomplishing anything 4/10

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Cocoon and Cocoon: The Return. Cheesy, but strangely deeply depressing. Great elderly cast. It's interesting that the movies aren't really about the cocoons or aliens in general, it's all about mortality. Walter Brimely for life. (I've been on a 80s kick... I've also downloaded The Big Blue, and Flight of the Navigator. Will be watching them soon.

Caliane

Hunt for the wilderpeople.
Hunt for the Wilderpeople (2016) - IMDb

7/10.
I had this on my netflix dvd mailer... I had totally forgotten WHY when it came in. I do that alot.. ahha. put weird, random things that are not on streaming, etc, and only come in via DvD. But, by the time they arrive, have totally forgotten why it was put on the list.
Redlettermedia just reminded me why, I had.

Written/directed by Taika Waititi. Of, "what we do in the shadows", and Thor:Ragnsrok.

It was just ok. a comedy/drama. Very much like a Wes Anderson movie, without the cinematographic quirks.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The Survivalist
The Survivalist (2015) - IMDb

I'm a sucker for post societal collapse movies so...
8/10

Zero music. Almost zero dialogue. I believe the movie is out of Ireland. A really gritty micro look into what it will actually be like (at least in my head) 5 or so years after a complete societal collapse.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wonder Woman (2017) : 4/10. Would not watch again, would not recommand. Confusing, disjointed movie.
I don't mind rewriting history and taking a bit a freedom in the course of events, but fuck, it looks like every scenes were written by different writers (among the wtf moment: the villager in the trench saying that the village was attacked and they took everybody as slaves, just a few seconds after that soldier told them they've been stuck here for a year); the 300ish effect from Zack is overdone and boring. Side characters roles and charisma is non-existent and you wonder why they are even here.
I liked : Things on the island were ok. Gal Gadot acting was ok/good. No SJW.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
Kong: Skull Island - 6/10. Not great, not awful. Kong was cool to see and watch, the human actors all sucked badly except for John Riley. Your movie has a problem when the best character/actor is the comic sidekick. Brie Larson and Loki were miscast, they did not belong in this movie. Worth a watch at home, just kinda fast forward though whenever Kong or Riley isn't on screen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Radius (2017) - IMDb

I thought this was really good, the ending was a real gut-punch. The acting was very good, at no time did I ever think the decisions were stupid or forced for plot's-sake. 8.5/10

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Only the Brave (2017) - IMDb

8.5/10 A good retelling of the events from the summer of 2013.

I didn't want to see this film. I knew how it was going to end and these types of movies usually insert some inane plot lines to keep you interested because you know the story. I was half right. But I really didn't want to go because I lived close enough, at the time, to where this happened and remember the sadness it caused in the community, and I selfishly felt that "Hollywood" wouldn't understand. Here I was wrong. For me, this was one very sad and well made movie.

spronk

FPS noob
Titanic is playing at AMC theaters this week in 3D DolbyVision, remastered by James Cameron and crew. Never seen the movie before, no real interest, but its my wife's favorite movie so surprised her with a date night to it. She absolutely loved it and to my surprise I actually enjoyed it as well, even though I usually hate romantic movies. Even with a 3h17m runtime it just kinda flew by except the last 15 mins or so which sorta dragged. It was great seeing a young Bill Paxton (RIP) and DiCaprio. Kate Winslett's boobs in 3D were magnificent, but really the entire 3D remaster was gorgeous especially on the Dolby screens. They also used more expensive 3D glasses that are more like Oakley's than the usual shitty 3D glasses I have gotten in most theaters. It plays for another 2 days at AMC. I was able to buy tickets with moviepass as well although I had to use 2 cards per ticket since the tickets were $18.50 each and MP only covers $11.50 at my AMC.

The remaster was of Dolby Vision which allows variable HDR lighting per scene, I assume since Cameron liked this so much he will eventually release this on UHD with HDR/DV along with the other ones he has planned - True Lies, Abyss, etc.
James Cameron’s ‘Titanic’ Floats Again In 2D & 3D December Rerelease

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
It Comes At Night

Genre : Horror

Available on Netflix

Good visuals. Good sound and ambient music. Good acting.

3/10

BORING... like... nothing happens for most of the movie and it is amazingly well done because you keep hoping something will happen and when it does you are like "Well, okay..."

Nothing comes at night

Travis' nightmares are the only 'horror' in the movie

Cool how the young American inventor got sick and died before his Dad had time to wipe the blood of his own face

• 2Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just watched El Camino Christmas on Netflix. Great cast, good acting, pretty funny. 7/10. Worth a watch.

El Camino Christmas (2017) - IMDb

Ending was predictable and stupid though.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Space Boobs in Space
Amazon Prime

Title sounded promising.
First moment had Kung Fury type music. then first scene was like a homebrew parody of a Command and Conquer cutscene. Female speaker was topless with wrinkled duct-tape suspenders. moles. flat chested.
her humor was suspiciously feminist.
next scene has oddshaped fatty whose torso is larger than her chesticles. she takes off her coat to reveal a pushup corset (so she's even fatter) but her tits remain minimal. more moles. stretch marks. instant bile in back of mouth
SJW

1/10

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Space Boobs in Space
Amazon Prime

Title sounded promising.
First moment had Kung Fury type music. then first scene was like a homebrew parody of a Command and Conquer cutscene. Female speaker was topless with wrinkled duct-tape suspenders. moles. flat chested.
her humor was suspiciously feminist.
next scene has oddshaped fatty whose torso is larger than her chesticles. she takes off her coat to reveal a pushup corset (so she's even fatter) but her tits remain minimal. more moles. stretch marks. instant bile in back of mouth
SJW

1/10
Thanks for your diligent work, sacrificing for others. I have no doubt that if I had seen that title while browsing, I would have started watching it.
Godspeed, good sir!

• 2Solidarity

Szlia

Wanted to watch a DVD, flicked through TV channels first... ended up rewatching, Nolan's magician vs magician jigsaw puzzle of a movie: The Prestige. I still have minor reservations about the film that I rated 5/6 back then, but the movie is extremely entertaining in the light of the reveals. Suddenly just about every other line and just about every scene takes a different weight. A highly recommended watch... and rewatch!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Amazon Prime: Something like "3 Degrees of Greta" - tits delivered. 5/10

xfinity: Kong on Skull Island - It had its plot armor flaws and as a paid photographer, that chick super annoyed me, but overall is was Exactly what a Kong movie should be. I had my doubts at first, thinking it was going down the worn path, there was some good explosions and initial coolness - I agree, but I had doubts. But with every monster, those were diminished. 6/10

Wanted to watch a DVD, flicked through TV channels first... ended up rewatching, Nolan's magician vs magician jigsaw puzzle of a movie: The Prestige. I still have minor reservations about the film that I rated 5/6 back then, but the movie is extremely entertaining in the light of the reveals. Suddenly just about every other line and just about every scene takes a different weight. A highly recommended watch... and rewatch!
Funny thing that. I had an Ed Norton phase and at the exact same time as The Prestige, Norton's Illusionist came out. I forgot the name of the movie and gf and I got lost as fuck, to salvage, we went to a movie theater that I randomly happened upon, like it was planned. I saw a movie about magic was playing in 5 minutes so we chose it.
I was like, "Hooooly shit this movie is boring, when is Ed Norton coming in to save it?"
At the same time, some hick was heckling the movie behind us. He was trying so hard to be funny. but he just wasn't.
I buried my face in her chest instead - a personal first for the theaters.

Never did see the Illusionist, apparently it was the start of his turn for the worst. Norton is almost hard pass now. He needs a JVD kind of redemption.