Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Aquaman. 3/10

Fucking hell but was the script written by a 10 year old?
ret.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Sacrifice -Lovecraftian horror film. Does a great job creating atmosphere and bringing this village to life. To the point where I was distracted enough I didnt see the very obvious twist coming.

Also Barbara Crampton is still hot as fuck. GILF.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Last night I watched: Bill and Ted - Face the music.

Rating: 7/10 <- provided you're a fan of the other 2 films it might drop to a 5/10 if you're watching this as stand alone ( but why? GIF )

I've chosen not to necro the thread, but just now gave it a read through.

As others have said, it's good to see they got it pretty much right, didn't shit the bed. It was a solid Bill and Ted movie, all it needed to be.

I got plenty of laughs through it. There was enough call backs to the previous films and trying some new things, in a good balance.

Alex Winter was the better of the 2, Keanu seemed more serious and had lost the easy going carefree nature of Ted from the earlier films. Perhaps that was in line with the character who was thinking of giving up music totally / giving up trying , but I'm not sure.

I picked how the ending was going to work out, early on.

The side character of the killer robot that's got a human and flawed internal character . . . seemed a bit un-necessary. His part was kinda small and it should have been either given a lot more screen time and made to work as a part of the film, or just made as a simple killer robot and given the reduced screen presence.

The daughters' side quest, yeah it was a re-do of the first film, but I'm okay with that.

There was even a scene that got me a little emotional, when they visited their 'very old' selves and then before leaving sat and gave a heart felt thank you to their much older self.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fighting With My Family - 7/10. Pretty funny movie with an excellent cast. If you’re into wrestling you’ll dig it. Has some good WWE cameos and is about Paige getting into the WWE.

• 1Like

Animosity

Sound of Metal - 8/10 really good movie. Great acting and well shot. I can see why this was up for a lot of awards, was definitely made that way.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
do documentaries count? if so then

Lost Boys

a solid 8/10
I think I saw the uncut/uncensored version on Finnish tv just yesterday. Pretty heavy stuff was shown there. It is/was on netflix. Not sure about what version is on there.

it's about 3 Finnish dudes in their early 20's going to Far East Asia (Cambodia) to do as much drugs as possible and bang a lot of hookers.

Then at some point they split up. 2 guys stay together and continue on their drug binge until one of them is found hanged (even the corrupt police doesn't think it's a suicide). The one who lives fucks off and disappears. Later the 3rd dude decides to find out what happened and find the one who bailed, also the hooker gf of the one who died. The docu also has some interesting interviews with hookers and they tell how they scam money out of western guys. Also an interview with a hooker who was "working" the guy who died.

There is also a sort of prequel to it.

Reindeerspotting - Escape from Santaland

it features one of the guys as the main focus. Also about drug addiction

Last edited:

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Sacrifice -Lovecraftian horror film. Does a great job creating atmosphere and bringing this village to life. To the point where I was distracted enough I didnt see the very obvious twist coming.

Also Barbara Crampton is still hot as fuck. GILF.
Watched this on your recommendation. Good movie, and yeah wow, Crampton was almost distractingly good looking for how old she is.

From your comment I was looking for it, and thus saw the twist a mile away. Still pretty good though. Very creepy.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Watched this on your recommendation. Good movie, and yeah wow, Crampton was almost distractingly good looking for how old she is.

From your comment I was looking for it, and thus saw the twist a mile away. Still pretty good though. Very creepy.

I remember at 1am drunkenly checking fmovies for this and not finding it. Is it available on the cheap to rent?

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I remember at 1am drunkenly checking fmovies for this and not finding it. Is it available on the cheap to rent?
I'm not seeing it anywhere. I pirated it, personally.

If it helps any, the program I use to curate my movies (download covers, populate actors, etc.) used an alternate cover/name of "The Colour of Madness".

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Its on Amazon. Thats where I saw it.

They also have Shane on Amazon. That ending gets me every time.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just watched Black '47

I think it was recommended here somewhere earlier. Good flick. 8.5/10

• 1Solidarity

Animosity

Tombstone - 8/10. Haven’t seen this movie since I was kid. Forgot how awesome it was and wow pretty much everyone in that movie became a huge star, even people with 1 line. Kurt Russell is too good.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Goatface

have a love of all scifi and get compelled to watch just about anything. this is like a film class project, but with a couple of interesting/strange ideas. 4/10, one point is just for one annoying person getting killed.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

have a love of all scifi and get compelled to watch just about anything. this is like a film class project, but with a couple of interesting/strange ideas. 4/10, one point is just for one annoying person getting killed.

Pretty sure there was an indy movie with this plot that I watched last year. A bunch of doors exist but none open and some guy is trying to find the one real one to get him out. Can't remember the name though... need to look that up.

*edit: It wasn't portals... this was like some very grey movie, shit I probably mentioned it in this thread, maybe I'll look back there.

*edit 2: Ahah! It was called Exit and I did talk about hating it. Maybe not so similar to this movie afterall. There are a lot of movies I wrote about that I have zero memory of watching lol

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

This is aggressively bad. You could probably write a semester course on how bad this is. Multiple people should have been told no at multiple points on this film, but no one was there to do it.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Headhunters (2011) norwegian with subtitles - 7.5

It's about a guy that works as a headhunter but uses it to steal works of art. He has been punching above his weight for a long time and is now heavily in debt and needs a big score. The hook comes in about 40 minutes into the movie and if the rest of it has stayed at that level it would have been a solid 9 or 9.5. It's still a good watch and a pretty solid action flick.

One big upside, they have one or two types of characters that are great onscreen and rarely are seen in American movies. Most notably his main accomplice.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
As a reminder, Season 3 of The Last Drive-In on Shudder starts next Friday the 16th!

• 1Like