Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

It is very low budget, the sound is all over the place, acting isn't great, script could have used work... basically just a bunch of complaints you can throw at lower budget movies. Not all, but generally speaking.

Having said all that I actually enjoyed it for a heavy exposition SciFi movie. It is just where a couple more $$$s or a little better editing all around would have made it a very good independent SciFi film.

5/10

I'd say it is worth watching if the cringe of all that doesn't immediately turn you off.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have been on a classic movie kick lately. Rewatched Serpico with Pacino. The movie by itself is about a 6/10 but then when you realize all this shit was true and literally thousands of cops were on an organized take and literally no one in the entire NYPD cared or would lift a finger to stop it, the movie becomes an 8.5

Interesting to watch Pacino pre-Scent of a Woman when he still has his whiny nasaly bitch voice.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watched Radioactive in Amazon. The story of the Curies and radium. 5/10. I learned some shit though.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

This was surprisingly good. I don't think the 4.5/10 on IMDB is justified at all. It isn't great by any means but is very competent. Production is very good. Colors match, sound is consistent, shots are great. Acting is hit or miss but was a step above most indie projects. It was actually not bad. It drug in a few parts (one part especially when things were picking up).

Almost a Dexter meets Barry meets... some other thing.

6.5/10
A lot of good things, just didn't make it to that next level of random indie movie.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

Pretty sure this was some type of Hallmark mother's against drunk driving movie in the same way those direct to DVD Christian Kirk Cameron movies are. It wasn't really horror, or suspense, or thriller. It absolutely was not about the same "secrets" I thought it'd be about... nawmean?

3/10 if you want a movie. If you're a fundie and looking to scare your kids out of drinking in college, maybe 5/10.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

Writer, Director, and Star.... one of those movies and not a great one.

Won't bore you with plot details, it was dumb.

However I will say that whoever did the fight choreography should stick with it and learn, keep progressing. It wasn't quite as on par as some of the season 1 Daredevil or Punisher stuff ( only setting my expectation at Netfilx TV series stuff), but I gotta hand it to them. As a series of nothing but fight scenes, gun fights, and melee there's a lot to be encouraged by.

5/10

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Got the wife to watch Year of the Dragon over the weekend. She thought it sucked. Some people have no taste in film. Michael Cimino and in-his-prime Mickey Rourke. It holds up pretty well. Corrupt cops, corrupt Asians, racist cops, racist Asians. I mean its pretty much still pretty relevant to today.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

The Kid Detective. -dvd.

8/10.

Its been a while since I saw the RLM discussion. so, didn't really remember anything they said, but the ending being a "masterful hardcut".

really liked it. I expected more of a comedy. but, its closer to just a drama with light comedic elements.

The ending. yeah, I mean, its a solid cut. but not something magical that only comes around once a century.
comments in the thread. I think people here all misunderstood his reaction.
one, yes, he spent the entire movie, deadpan narrating. just going through the motions. Losing Grace destroyed him. she was his only friend, and probably liked her. the genius kid detective couldn't find his kidnapped best friend. the cops didn't include him in the case at all. he wasn't a failure as an adult because he was a shit detective or anything. he was a failure because losing Grace broke him. Confidence, ambition, etc. totally shut down. His life falls apart, as he just coasts along on past exploits.. never moving on.
so yeah, he finds out the principle he respected, kidnapped her, and had her in his shed for 20 years.. and the girl he befriended for the new case was her daughter.. Graces mind is totally broken.. and he just keeps up the deadpan narration. Until the end. where he finally lets himself feel again, and totally breaks down. cut to title and credits.

mike and jay called the cut/ending comedic. I'm not sure on that.. I felt it was more heartlifting. His life was stunted by the kidnapping. this was him coming to terms with it finally, so he can start living again.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Watching Predator on Hulu. Nice dose of toxic masculinity. It's still amazing.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just watched Once Upon a Time in Venice.

Boy is that a stinker. Not sure why I finished it

3/10

• 1Solidarity

sindaael

<Banned>
Does anyone know where to get a copy of Resident Evil Armageddon. I can't find it anywhere. Or if you have one maybe I can borrow it.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pain and Gain with Markey Mark, the Rock and Black Capt America. The fact its based on a real event, is based in Miami and I remember it being in the news makes it good. Movie is a 6/10. It's probably a 5, but when you watch shit happen and think "no way people are that stupid" and then remind yourself "yeah they were that stupid" it moves up to a 6. It's got a good amount if humor and hot strippers also.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Pain and Gain with Markey Mark, the Rock and Black Capt America. The fact its based on a real event, is based in Miami and I remember it being in the news makes it good. Movie is a 6/10. It's probably a 5, but when you watch shit happen and think "no way people are that stupid" and then remind yourself "yeah they were that stupid" it moves up to a 6. It's got a good amount if humor and hot strippers also.

Probably my favorite Michael Bay film.

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Does anyone know where to get a copy of Resident Evil Armageddon. I can't find it anywhere. Or if you have one maybe I can borrow it.
Screenshot 2021-06-12 at 10-24-10 Resident Evil (film series) - Wikipedia.png

re.gif

Which one?