Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Amazing that when King was on he could write amazing shit. The other times he just writes regular shit.
His short stories are among his best work.

Shawshank Redemption, The Long Walk, The Running Man, so many great friggin' tales. The Long Walk sticks with me to this day.

No one, and I mean no one, could paint a movie in your mind like earlier King. He had some misses (The Tommyknockers, wowza) but generally you could really get lost in his writing. But he lost it along the way, maybe when he got run over.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The Langoliers was one of my favorite books of his. The adaptations all sucked but the book was good.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Arthur 1981. Dudley Moore. Watching it now.

“- Gloria: My mother died when I was six.
- Arthur Bach: Son of a bitch! Don't they know what they do to kids?
- Gloria: My father raped me when I was twelve.
- Arthur Bach: So, you had six relatively good years? I'm sorry. Listen, my father screwed me, too.

• 2Like

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
true romance GIF by Morgan Creek
true romance GIF by Morgan Creek
True Romance Amor A Quemarropa GIF by Filmin
gary oldman dreadlocks GIF

true romance heart GIF

True Romance 10/10 - Still one of my top 10 movies. Cheesy, but I absolutely love it.
Didnt quinten say he modified and the guy made a better movie than him?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The New Search for Spock remastered in 4k

1647549930654.jpeg

I watched wrath of course 10/10…

I haven’t watched TSFS since I was a kid. I remember not loving it.

but this for me is a 9/10. I have had a child since watching the first time. The scene where they kill David pissed me off greatly.

I fucking hate “Klingon Bastards“

• 2Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

View attachment 403777

but this for me is a 9/10. I have had a child since watching the first time. The scene where they kill David pissed me off greatly.

A much later movie, but:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 403777

I don’t remember ever seeing TSFS. I guess I’ll have to watch it again. Still watch ST6 regularly. I fucking love that movie.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
TSFS is alright. Most of its problem is it is sandwiched between The Wrath of Khan which is A+ and The Voyage Home which had massive general audience appeal (and is just fun) while making a mountain of cash at the box office.

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Godfather - 9/10 never seen this before. Was an excellent film despite being 3 hours long. Nervous to watch the second one based on reviews.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nervous to watch the second one based on reviews.
I haven't watched in ages but I seem to recall Godfather Part 2 being a masterpiece on par with or even surpassing the original. It's Part 3 that stank up the place.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Just watched Veteran (not to be mistaken with The Veteran), a 2015 South Korean comedy-action cop movie.

If you like the typical South Korean comedy and overly stereotyped villains, this movie is for you.

I say that like I didn't like it, but it was one of the more basically enjoyable movies I have watched in a while. 7.5/10. I have really liked the lead and his moley supervisor in the various roles I have seen them to date. The dialogue was sharp and witty and the chemistry between the characters obvious.

A good watch.

• 1Solidarity

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Marvels The Eternals: 4/10. Too long, meandering and lacking in narrative focus, boring dialogue, boring characters, and the costumes look like something out of a Power Rangers reboot. Special effects, especially the luminescent filigree effects, were impressive but the movie was just blah. Do not recommend.

Spider-Man; No Way Home: 8/10. Too long, a little goody, and Dr. Strange is kind of a fucking moron in this for even attempting the spell to begin with but all in all the movie is fantastic. I didn't like Homecoming and Far from Home and I really dislike this simpering wimp of a Peter Parker (Mr. Stark, Mr, Stark! Notice me senpai!) so it was nice to see him put on his big boy pants and man up a little in this one. Didn't like how all the villains suddenly off screen got new equipment and shit and how they used both Flint Marco and The Lizard was weak but whatever. Seeing all the Spider-Man get to save their villains, like they would try to do in the comics and cartoons, was great. I am not a fan of artificial feel good nonsense so seeing Andrew Garfield not only wrestling with his failure to save Gwen but redeeming himself, to a degree, by saving Michelle Jones was cool. I chocked up in a couple of scenes but that is more because of the shit I am going through than the movie itself... maybe. This makes me look forward to the new Dr. Strange movie. Highly recommend.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Studio 666 with Foo Fighters wasn't a bad watch. Gave me campy vibes like Evil Dead ect. They clearly weren't taking things seriously, which made it more enjoyable for me.

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Star Trek Voyage home

8/10

One of the most god awful main plots to ever exist but wtf cares because Spock cusses! Having the characters use cuss words from the 80’s is fucking hilarious.There are at least 20 times you’ll burst into laughter while watching this movie. Another thing I like is the continuity of the movies. I like that they try to bring charges against Kirk for part 3 and having the bird of prey still.

- Spock: They like you very much, but they are not the hell "your" whales.
- Dr. Gillian Taylor: I suppose they told you that.
- Spock: The hell they did.

1648037106555.gif

Last edited:
  • 1Like