<Banned>
Are you talking about Jimmy Savile?

I'm pretty sure he is the reason @Chris turned out the way he did

0_JS172171027.jpg

Yes! Thank you!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Studio 666 with Foo Fighters wasn't a bad watch. Gave me campy vibes like Evil Dead ect. They clearly weren't taking things seriously, which made it more enjoyable for me.
How does it compare to Deathgasm?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The Deer Hunter

7/10

I never fully watched it. I liked it alright but it’s definitely not the best Vietnam movie ever. I felt like it was overrated and knowing the Russian Roulette game was never played over there IRL kinda ruins it.

Fantastic acting by Walken and De Niro though.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
It's such a slow movie, I re-watched it few years back, wanting the movie to pick up the damn pace.

I was then surprised to read that it won the oscar for best editing

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The Deer Hunter

7/10

I never fully watched it. I liked it alright but it’s definitely not the best Vietnam movie ever. I felt like it was overrated and knowing the Russian Roulette game was never played over there IRL kinda ruins it.

Fantastic acting by Walken and De Niro though.

The amount of time you spend just hanging out in some slowly dying Pennsylvania steel town is both a weakness and a strength. It's cool getting to hang out with these people in their pre-war lives but it's a long goddamn movie. It's makes revisiting the film much more of a commitment. Compared to the other Vietnam films like Full Metal Jacket, Platoon, Apocalypse Now or even Hamburger Hill it's the slow, arty one.

But it definitely has the acting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watched Protege the other night on Amazon. Maggie Q, Sam Jackson and Michael Keaton. 6/10. Female assassin type movie. Keaton is the best part of the show though Maggie Q is fine in the lead. Action is decent considering she is a 100lb girl against dudes. She gets tossed around into walls and shit. She wins because she hits dudes with shit like a knife or a gun.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Watched Protege the other night on Amazon. Maggie Q, Sam Jackson and Michael Keaton. 6/10. Female assassin type movie. Keaton is the best part of the show though Maggie Q is fine in the lead. Action is decent considering she is a 100lb girl against dudes. She gets tossed around into walls and shit. She wins because she hits dudes with shit like a knife or a gun.
I just can't watch a female-led action movie. I don't even care if they TRY and institute some sort of realism into the fighting. There is a limit in my ability to suspend belief.

Even worse is the overt misandry these movies typically throw all over the place as well. If I want a woman to lecture me on how shitty I am, I will just call my ex wife.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Smaller and Smaller Circles

Filipino serial killer movie. Priest/researcher/coroner?/forensic scientist???? discovers and investigates the serial murder of children. I am not sure how the roles the lead encompasses is dealt with in Filipino society, but his myriad of responsibilities is weird to my Western ways.

Acting was definitely not amazing, but all in all the movie wasn't too bad. I'd give it a 6/10 probably.

The hardest thing about watching this movie for most people will be the crazy mix of languages with English liberally thrown in. You go from reading subtitles to listening to English and it is a little jarring. So if you are already struggling with subtitles, this movie is not for you.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dangerous Lies - String of random events that don't feel like they're hooks to anything without real compelling momentum to see if they do
2/5
Rank 826

The Woman in the Window - Despite the cast, bullshit dialogue and irrational setups to force a narrative
2/5
Rank 788

Blade: Trinity - Perhaps cultural value but lazy and lame
3/5
Rank 663

The Whole Truth - Lackluster mystery heavily telegraphed with needless twist that doesn't pan out. Keanu
3/5
Rank 623

Cleaner - Samuel L Jackson. Fair camerawork. Fine movie that doesn't really do anything.
3/5
Rank 588

Freeguy - Could have been way better. Had some things, not worth sitting through to experience them, maybe. Tattoo. Token Black. Ryan Reynolds. Taika Waititi
4/5
Rank 583

Premonition - Sandra Bullock hot and crazy done well. Step above Hallmark movie. Well-laced time jumps
4/5
Rank 163

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The hardest thing about watching this movie for most people will be the crazy mix of languages with English liberally thrown in. You go from reading subtitles to listening to English and it is a little jarring. So if you are already struggling with subtitles, this movie is not for you.

This is a Filipino thing. The older generations of our family and friends, that were born and lived in the Phillippines before coming here, all do this. I will even do this a little when talking to them. My Tagalog is dogshit though. I haven't been fluent since I was like 5-6.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
The New Search for Spock remastered in 4k

View attachment 403777

I watched wrath of course 10/10…

I haven’t watched TSFS since I was a kid. I remember not loving it.

but this for me is a 9/10. I have had a child since watching the first time. The scene where they kill David pissed me off greatly.

I fucking hate “Klingon Bastards“

1649032408254.png

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Szlia

Smaller and Smaller Circles

Filipino serial killer movie. Priest/researcher/coroner?/forensic scientist???? discovers and investigates the serial murder of children. I am not sure how the roles the lead encompasses is dealt with in Filipino society, but his myriad of responsibilities is weird to my Western ways.

Acting was definitely not amazing, but all in all the movie wasn't too bad. I'd give it a 6/10 probably.

Actually saw that a few years back in a film festival. I remember seeing it in the program and thinking "What a great title and I am ok with the classic premise, please be good !" And It was not :(

I can't say I have seen many filipino movies I enjoyed. To be fair, too many of them were bad comedies or bad horror movies! I also could not get into the few classics I have seen (some Lino Brocka stuff - considered as the father of modern filipino cinema - or the recently restored Karnal aka Of the Flesh which became a meme amongst my friends who had to endure it).

Of the stuff I enjoyed, there is the occasional Erik Matti (his crime films like On The Job - there is a recent sequel and a TV show, but I have only seen the 2013 movie - or Honor Thy Father, not his horror movies !), on a more arty side the occasional Brilliante Mendoza (really enjoyed Ma' Rosa) and really far down the arty rabbit hole what I have seen of Lav Diaz and his absurdly long political metaphors (From What is Before - 5+ hours - Season of the Devil - almost 4 hours) has been... not really enjoyable, but at the very least interesting! Oh I also remember enjoying an indie romance/drama film called Apocalypse Child (sounds that it could be an horror film, but the title refers to Apocalypse Now - one of the main characters is supposed to have been conceived when the crew of Apocalypse Now was filming in the Philippines or something of that nature). It was mostly for the charismatic cast though.

• 1Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Knives Out - 8/10

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad world - 10/10

The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming! - 7/10 - No subs for Russian language parts, mostly at the beginning though otherwise a decent older flick.

The Game - 9/10

Falling Down - 6.5/10

Apocalypse Now (4K) bluray - 10/10

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
We rewatched Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and Star Trek III: The Search for Spock. Rewatch for me, basically first time for her. Honestly Search for Spock wasn’t nearly as bad as I remember. A few years of piling on the negative memories of it really had me dreading going through it, but still needing to suffer to get to IV. It isn’t great and has a lot of misses. Kirstie not being Saavik, David just kind of falling over and dying, to name two. But there’s still some great chemistry between the main crew.

Wrath will always be great with Montalban hamming it up every scene and the hunt between Enterprise and Reliant. It really feels like an incredibly short movie though where not a whole lot happens. Search for Spock had a similar feeling.

We’ll do IV tomorrow night. I’m super pumped. Skip V because I really don’t want to suffer through that just to hear Kirk say “What does God need with a starship?” It is an amazing line and payoff, but ugh. VI is probably my favorite. So maybe Sunday night.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
2013 The Great Gatsby - 4/10. The whole neo-nior theme along with the modern music just doesnt work imo. Seems like they where trying just a little too hard with this one.

Mr and Mrs Smith - 8/10. A good fun movie. Prime of her life Angelina cosplaying as a upper class stepfordish wife?

tenor.gif

• 3Like