Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Sliver 3/10 - Movie starts off as a murder mystery but then takes a left turn into psychological horror that leaves you asking what the fuck. Dude has his apartment building completely wired up so he can spy on people 24/7 and when Sharon Stone finds out instead of being freaked out by it she just indulges in it like the dude. Its like they mashed together two separate scripts. Also theres what should have been a very sexy risque scene in it that just comes off as cringe.

I'll always remember her giant ass in 3d on a big screen for Beowulf
Never saw that, worth watching?

Oldbased

> Than U
The Command- based on real events. A bunch of Arysaurs get trapped in a Russian sub after weapons rusted away and have gay sex till they die in the end.
8/10 because I like sub movies.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Sliver 3/10 - Movie starts off as a murder mystery but then takes a left turn into psychological horror that leaves you asking what the fuck. Dude has his apartment building completely wired up so he can spy on people 24/7 and when Sharon Stone finds out instead of being freaked out by it she just indulges in it like the dude. Its like they mashed together two separate scripts. Also theres what should have been a very sexy risque scene in it that just comes off as cringe.

I give you credit for actually watching the whole movie. I didn't think anyone did that, it was always fast-forwarding to two scenes and call it a day.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

All I remember from that movie is the guy sneaking up behind Sharon Stone and railing her from behind against a wall or something. Was like 6 when I saw that and I had no idea sex could be violent, or standing-up.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I caught The Retreat

1652316823043.png

after it got referenced from a Wikipedia article on It Comes at Night.

Husband and wife and trying to get over a miscarriage on a secluded island they spent time at years prior when a strange man shows up claiming there has been an outbreak in Britain of a fatal respiratory illness and they have to stay inside.

Husband is a useless nu-male type and we learn his wife
took herself off of birth control without telling him because she wanted a kid and he wasn't ready
so I mostly hated them both and was cheering on the villain. It a reasonable length with some twists and turns but I'd rather rewatch It Comes at Night and I didn't like It Comes at Night.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Movies I've watched for the first time in 2022, off the top of my head:

Black Widow - 7/10
Wonder Woman 1984 - 3/10 (I'd say 2/10 but I liked the villain a lot)
Venom 2 - 5/10
Shang-Chi - 6/10
Shazam - 8/10
The Batman - 9/10 for the first half, 7/10 for the second half, 8/10 overall I guess
Dr. Strange 2 - 7/10
Spider-Man: No Way Home - 9/10

...Jesus Christ, did I watch any non-comic movies?

Fast and Furious 9 - 8/10 (Lots of fun, but forgettable)
Old - 7/10 (Was one of the five people who thought it was good, was bold to have Big Pharma be the villains)
New Jack City - 8/10 (I think Deep Cover is a better version of this movie)
Get Rich or Die Tryin - 7/10 (A worse version of NJC in some ways, but 50 Cent was surprisingly good and so was the bad guy)
Assassin's Creed - 4/10 (Wasn't really anything good about this, wasn't terrible either)
Star Wars Episode 9 - 5/10 (Glad this shit is over)

Rewatches:
Into the Wild - 9/10
Iron Man 2 - 9/10
Spaceballs - 10/10

Edit: Forgot No Way Home, incidentally the best superhero movie I saw

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watched Borg vs McEnroe last night on HBO. If you are old like me you remember these guys even if you didnt watch tennis (I didnt). I sometimes enjoy biography/period docudrama type stuff and gave it a go. It looks nice and really explores how fucked up Borg is/was mentally/emotionally. I wish it spent a little more of the movie on Johnny Mac and how fucked up he is/was himself. Depending on if you like tennis or this type of movie its a 7.5/10 and if neither of those things apply then its...

Animated GIF

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wife and I watched Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard. No real surprises in the script and its a bit more cartoony than the first one was, but its hard not to be entertained by Samuel L and Reynolds just riffing for an entire movie. Solid 7/10 movie for us, but if you didn't like the first it would probably be a 6/10. I actually think Reynolds works better as a straight man in comedy if he has someone good enough to play off of, and Jackson and Selma Hayeck both really go over the top in this one so it works pretty well.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watched Borg vs McEnroe last night on HBO. If you are old like me you remember these guys even if you didnt watch tennis (I didnt). I sometimes enjoy biography/period docudrama type stuff and gave it a go. It looks nice and really explores how fucked up Borg is/was mentally/emotionally. I wish it spent a little more of the movie on Johnny Mac and how fucked up he is/was himself. Depending on if you like tennis or this type of movie its a 7.5/10 and if neither of those things apply then its...

Animated GIF
I thought about watching this but I cant stand Shia LaBeouf. I might check it out if I get bored at work.

• 1Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>

Animated GIF
The main thing I remember from back then other than how well matched they were was thinking that McEnroe seemed like a dick, and then revisiting it as an adult and realizing his issues (generally) on the court were valid. Basically tennis was a professional sport without having professional support. Borg was just fun to watch, he was an incredible athlete really.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The main thing I remember from back then other than how well matched they were was thinking that McEnroe seemed like a dick, and then revisiting it as an adult and realizing his issues (generally) on the court were valid. Basically tennis was a professional sport without having professional support. Borg was just fun to watch, he was an incredible athlete really.
The movie does touch on just how good of an athlete McEnroe was. It was constantly overshadowed by his antics. I think Borg at one point mentions he believes McEnroe to be more physically gifted than he is.

• 1Like
  • 1Blown

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Took my own advice and re-watched Romancing the Stone tonight. By re-watch it has been probably 30 years since actually seeing it. The croc eating the guy's hand was my only memory of the movie and terrified me as a child. Movie is great. Much better than The Lost City. We'll probably do Jewel of the Nile tomorrow night.

8/10

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Took my own advice and re-watched Romancing the Stone tonight. By re-watch it has been probably 30 years since actually seeing it. The croc eating the guy's hand was my only memory of the movie and terrified me as a child. Movie is great. Much better than The Lost City. We'll probably do Jewel of the Nile tomorrow night.

8/10

I watched this recently as well because my wife wanted to see that new Sandra Bullock movie. It's a love letter to Romancing the Stone essentially.

Last edited:

Goatface

5/10 for what it is, thought it was ok. ending was sorta meh, but the mid credit scene made me happy.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
DTS:X version of The Blues Brothers, seen it multiple times but definitely a better experience on my recently upgraded 7:1:4 system

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watched Soylent Green again last night. It takes place in 2022. It's yet another film the powers that be stole a script from to make it reality.

It doesn't hold up all that well, but the story and Edward G Robinson are solid.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Szlia

Just seen Hit the Road by Panah Panahi. The name Panahi might be familiar to some as Panah is the son of Jafar, one of the most known iranian film director (I highly recommend Crimson Gold, Offside, Taxi Tehran or his recent 3 Faces - the last couple having been made using tricks as he has been banned from film making and scenario writing for 20 years).

Hit the Road is a dramedic road-movie : a couple, their two sons and their dog travel to the edge of Iran to meet people who will help their eldest to cross the border and leave the country. The dog is sick, the father has his leg in a cast, the mother is sad and paranoid, the eldest son is afraid and the youngest, oblivious of it all, is packed full of energy. Panah Panahi uses this clever mix to navigate brilliantly between tears and laughter. The film making is also joy to behold : a lot of foreground-background interplay, sequences that play in very wide shots, long takes that allow for some actual movie magic to happen (fog that clears during the take, clouds of birds doing an impromptu choreography in the background, etc).

Very solid, enjoyable and well crafted movie.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Tried watching "Domino" with Jaime Lannister on HBO. Trash. Just Trash. Avoid it like the Covid stab.