Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Blood Ties with Clive Owen. Cast is really solid. I wanted to like it more. 70's Brooklyn brothers (cop and crook) story. I finished it, but that isnt saying a lot. Its not horrible, its just not good. The females are hot AF but dont get really naked. Oh, and its got Zoe Zaldana playing a black chick in the early 1970's like she is living in 2022. Blacks a decade removed from the Civil Rights Act did not act all they owned the place and most assuredly did not get cocky with cops. And somehow she gets lots of white boyfriends. In Brooklyn. 4/10 mainly for the violence which is pretty solid.

Kiki

Log Wizard
The Contractor with Chris Pine. Decent setup, terrible payoff.

All of the Old Knives, was meh, as you get to them the 2 twists are fairly predictable, after the last twist it ends terribly. I won't spoil the mood it ends on, also I thought it would have more action for a spy movie.

Immediately after I watched Operation Mincemeat. A much better spy story that actually happened. Still not a whole lot of action but was much more enjoyable. 7/10

Kiki

Log Wizard
Senior Year was decently funny.

everything everywhere all at once - fucking batshit, haven't finished but this is balls to the wall. Would recommend.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Deep Waters on HULU. I loved it. Ben Aflect plays a decent manho killer. Shoulda just killed the ho though. But 8/10 suspense.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Deep Waters on HULU. I loved it. Ben Aflect plays a decent manho killer. Shoulda just killed the ho though. But 8/10 suspense.
I liked the movie as well. I just hated that it ended with no questions answered about their relationship dynamic.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The VelociPastor - 10/10 A priest gains the power to turn into a dinosaur and kills people for justice. Its a horribly cheesy low budget movie. Worse than anything on SyFy. But its hilarious and entertaining. The movie is only an hour long which is even better.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
Chip'n'Dale - Average, nothing amazing stands out to me. A bit of Lonely Island in there if you pay attention to the first scene (he's actually the real director). Pretty good nostalgia trip otherwise. Actually JK Simmons is pretty fucking good.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Dark Cloud - 3/10; Wasn't bottom of the barrel terrible, it just wasn't good. Unfortunately not at all based on the video game from 2000. Really made me appreciate Tau as a much better "Evil House AI" movie genre.

Reign of Chaos - 2/10; Calling this a budget version of Buffy is an understatement. I try not to be too critical of these and find something redeeming. I'll say for a cheap movie they at least took the time to do some color balancing and lighting. Music and sound is not great. It makes you appreciate having a better script writer / editor on other movies. And actors. And ideas. Du'ane A Samuels was the best part and he doesn't come in until almost the hour point.

I needed something on in the background while tinkering so maybe I didn't exactly give them 100% attention. It may not have mattered.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Dual (2022) - 5/10. 🤷‍♂️ I like this. It was kind of dark, but still kind of funny, in an intentional sort of way. Wouldn't call it a dark comedy. It is kind of a bait and switch? Maybe that's the point. But it is somewhat interesting. Neither Karen Gillan nor Aaron Paul are particularly great, but again, not terrible either. I definitely have an odd spot for very slow quietish movies. So my opinion on this one could skew way off from everyone else.

Oldbased

> Than U
Emergency- 2022 Amazon Prime
Not even 1/2 through this and I've been laughing since the start. Good chill and laugh flick.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>

Not bad-- way better than any Brosnan Bond movie. It gets a bit two-dimensional as its plot unfolds. Decent Spy action flick that seems more intelligent on the surface than it actually is.

But damn, there are some pretty hot eastern European women in the cast to let you forgive any intellectual faux pas. Plus, any film that prominently features a Walther P99 gets an extra point from me.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Rewatched Domino tonight. Kiera Knightly at maximum hotness. Solid cast. Tony Scott making a Tony Scott movie. 7.5/10
If you dig Kiera add 2 points.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watched Bad Words on HBO Max. Jason Bateman flick about a 40 year old who finds a loophole and competes in the national kids spelling bee. Nothing Oscar-worthy but it made me laugh. 7/10

• 2Like

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Saw
Top Gun:Maverick , as a not quite 40 year old I was 3 when the original came out so I mainly came to enjoy it as a kid/preteen. It is funny having these 80s movie sequels come out in a time of my life where the themes of letting go, fatherhood, and getting used to the idea of what life means (are you your job or is who you are make you good at the job kind of shit). Well timed Hollywood. Otherwise though pretty solid movie that stands on its own, and I am a big fan of the way they handled Val Kilmer's medical stuff. 8/10

Imperium: 2016 Harry Potter skin head movie. Mostly a by the books under cover/infiltration movie, was entertained the whole time with decent performances all around. The focus was empathy for the despicable... or maybe I spend to much time here. The last minute or two makes some pretty compelling points without getting to preachy but I love that it may be making a point it doesn't realize it is...
"All facsim really needs is victimhood" 7.5/10

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
T-34 the Director's Cut on Amazon.
I love WW2 movies and it was nice to see a modern one made. WW2 movie about tanks got bonus points. A little bit too much use of slo-mo, it was a bit too much Sam Peckinpah/John Woo in that department but overall I enjoyed it a lot. 8.5/10

It was nice having basic tank knowledge in the movie. T-34 against a Panther? Russian tanker says "we aren't killing it from the front". Its a Russian film in Russian with English subtitles. The Russians in the film did Araysar Araysar proud.

• 1Like