Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Shattered Glass is an excellent portrait of a pathological liar. Hayden Christensen actually gives a really good performance which is further proof of how badly written/produced the Star Wars prequels were. Peter Sarsgaard is great also, but he always is. And the fact that it's based on a true story makes it even more interesting. It's free to watch on Youtube.

Was this the reporter who basically made up everything he wrote? I know that sounds like every reporter these days.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
The Deep House - 7.0 A youtuber who videos creepy places for clicks finds an actual creepy place.

This isn't a groundbreaking horror movie by any stretch and since the house they are exploring is underwater you don't get to see the characters act much at all. In fact most of the movie looks like a cutscene from a horror videogame but...it's actually pretty good. It has all the hallmarks of a bad movie, Mick Jaggers son is one of the main characters etc but it just works. I think the claustrophobia of being underwater during the exploration is what does it. It's still full of tropes but they are changed because...underwater. For instance, instead of a cat causing a jump scare it's a catfish. Still it's a reasonably good movie and if you are a gamer it's basically like watching a bunch of cutscenes. Only momentary nudity and that's right in the beginning.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
An Officer and a Gentleman

Seen it multiple times before but it's funny to watch in todays current climate. There are female Officer Candidates but they're too weak for the physical obstacle course. The local women are portrayed as harlots looking to get pregnant to trap a pilot for a husband. The Drill Instructor calls people queer and jokes about them wanting to fuck him up the ass. Near end Gere calls one woman a cunt, but it fits perfectly

Why though was the Drill Instructor from the army/marines when it was a Naval Officer school?

Last edited:

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
An Officer and a Gentleman

Seen it multiple times before but it's funny to watch in todays current climate. There are female Officer Candidates but they're too weak for the physical obstacle course. The local women are portrayed as harlots looking to get pregnant to trap a pilot for a husband. The Drill Instructor calls people queer and jokes about them wanting to fuck him up the ass.

Why though was the Drill Instructor from the army/marines when it was a Naval Officer school?
Marine Corps drill instructors provide the initial training for Naval officers.

It’s basically their bootcamp.

As for the movie I thought it was cheese, but it has it moments.
86FD1EDC-3112-4021-845B-C9192965CBF2.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Marine Corps drill instructors provide the initial training for Naval officers.

Why though? Why does the Navy not have its own people to do it?

It's a good movie. It hits all the right emotional beats The best bit is the fight near the end, and the ending lol

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Why though? Why does the Navy not have its own people to do it?

It's a good movie. It hits all the right emotional beats The best bit is the fight near the end, and the ending lol
The Marines are essentially the combat arm of the Navy. They are separate branches but work closely together. There’s a bunch of history there that goes back to the days of treason against the crown. You know the good old days?

By the way it works both ways. For example combat medics attached to a Marine unit are Navy enlisted.

• 1Solidarity

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The Marines are essentially the combat arm of the Navy. They are separate branches but work closely together. There’s a bunch of history there that goes back to the days of treason against the crown. You know the good old days?

By the way it works both ways. For example combat medics attached to a Marine unit are Navy enlisted.

Ok, got it, yeah that makes sense.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Same with Chaplains. They are squids also.

• 2Solidarity

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

5/10

I find very few movies, very very very few, can ride the middle of the road between two genres successfully and this movie, for me did not do it. Too silly to take the action and "horror" serious. Movie just feels kinda meh and mediocre, if you like your movies kind of stupid and silly with over the top action like Van Helsing than you might enjoy this. I probably would have liked it more of it had leaned more in one direction between action/horror and comedy.

edit: in the movies defense I did watch it on an airplane on my ipad so that might have soured the experience.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you are in the mood for a woke-free movie, you gotta go back in time a bit. "The Yakuza" (1974 with Robert Mitchum and others) is on HBO right now. Directed by Sidney Pollack. I had forgotten just how good this movie was. No cool CGI or special effects. Just a crime story with a great story, acting and directing. You will not be disappointed.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
"diverse casting without doubt is a good thing in principle"

Would be nice if they just stay on target instead of always bending a knee trying to sugar coat the criticism. Another example is the quartering in some video when he was ranting about that shitty obiwan show. Saying "guys the black actress did nothing wrong leave her out of it". Those cunts know exactly what they are doing and are part of the problem. They know the roles they are taking and the implications behind it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
3/10 House of Darkness (2022)

There was a lot of potential here, but they really dropped the ball. No twists, no real horror, just a sermon about how shitty men are. Seriously, it feels like it was written by someone too ugly to get asked out, or too cuck to do the asking, and therefore hates everything about dating-- specifically, the games men and women play to pick each other up. The backdrop is loosely based on another horror story which you'll quickly decipher if you're at all intelligent. The first 30 minutes or so are fun because you're expecting it to actually go somewhere, but nope. It's predictable as fuck and a complete waste of time.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Speak no Evil on Shudder

Danish/Dutch film , half in english half dutch/danish with subtitles.

Just the sense of dread builds through the whole movie. I give it 8 out of 10 stars. Serious slow burn movie.

• 2Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Altered Carbon Resleeved 3/10 - A very stereotypical anime story in the Altered Carbon universe. Not interesting as its painfully predictable.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Lethal Weapon 7.5/10 - Really loves it. Probably been 25 years since last viewing. Lots of details and jokes that didn’t immediately jump to mind. Although in comparison to some of the other “action” movies this still feels predominantly like a buddy cop movie. That goes without saying but in my head it was kind of a different thing.

It does do a great job of setting up the relationship between Riggs and Murtaugh though. Almost the whole 1st half is just exploring how much of a family man Murtaugh is and just how depressed Riggs is. Then they get together, feel each other out, and finally the plot starts going.

Had completely forgot how over the top the end was with letting Riggs fist fight on the front lawn while all the cops just watch. It was hilarious and stupid and great movie making.

It says a lot when we finish and my wife goes “It was cute,” because they worked so well together and everything else just kind of happened.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Got baked and watched this again. Solid 7/10. Not as good as the Transformers movie, but this is still better than the movies they put out.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Got baked and watched this again. Solid 7/10. Not as good as the Transformers movie, but this is still better than the movies they put out.

For thirty years and due solely to this movie I used to think Sgt. Slaughter was a mega star in professional wrestling.

The power of cinema.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Wild Mountain Thyme: This might be the worst fucking movie, that isn’t outright retarded but still is completely fucking retarded, and she actually liked it, and in fact liked it more because of how irritated it made me. Fucking will they, won’t they, sitcom taken to the fucking nines of stupid, because the faggot thinks he’s a bee and Emily Blunt is apparently not able to get dick. Also these fucks have never worked a day in their life farming, if anyone actually looks like he’s done work its Jon Ham, who they make out to be the city slicker, fucking 4/10 - aggressively annoying