Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Got baked and watched this again. Solid 7/10. Not as good as the Transformers movie, but this is still better than the movies they put out.

they had a mountain of lore to work w/ and they fucked up the movies so bad, everybody sucked except for these two
gi-joe-the-rise-of-cobra-byung-hun-lee-as-storm-shadow-sienna-miller-K3M004.jpg

i didn't even know chanan tatum was supposed to be duke, he sucked so bad i thought he was just a made up pov character

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Well now I know what we're watching tomorrow night. Thanks assholes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
A few weeks back I watched Joe vs the Volcano which I’d never seen in it’s entirety before. I remember my cousin liking this movie back in the 90s and I always thought it looked ridiculous. Also lately I find Tom Hanks somewhat annoying, but I’m still a fan of his old stuff. The beginning was a little off-putting to me and I turned it off briefly and went back to it.

What a great, unique movie it turned out to be. Really poignant with some good philosophical takes on life and death, without ever beating you over the head with it or being needlessly sappy and staying whimsical. It really has a singular feel to it.

555DE0E2-778F-49CB-94FA-54E4F79A2904.jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
I had a movie marathon last weekend. Saw Avatar in 3D which fucking slapped.

Then after that, Fall. That was a cool movie because of the "What If" situation it presented and making me run through all sorts of counterfactuals if I were in the same situation, but it had a large implausibility IMO.
The tower should have had a landline phone at the top rather than a flare and binoculars. Instant rescue.

Then I saw the new Jeepers Creepers which was a major let down.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's on Shudder. And that movie is fucking badass. Recently came out on Blu-ray and I snatched that shit up.
Is Shudder worth subbing too? I subbed a year ago just to watch a movie but never had time to check it out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
The unbearable weight of massive talent. Meh, somewhat amusing comedy meta movie, but not as good as his previous meta movie Adaptation. maybe 5/10.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had a movie marathon last weekend. Saw Avatar in 3D which fucking slapped.

Then after that, Fall. That was a cool movie because of the "What If" situation it presented and making me run through all sorts of counterfactuals if I were in the same situation, but it had a large implausibility IMO.
The tower should have had a landline phone at the top rather than a flare and binoculars. Instant rescue.

Then I saw the new Jeepers Creepers which was a major let down.
Been wanting to watch Fall. Just havent had a chance yet. Jeepers Creepers was awesome when I was like 13 lol. Dunno if it holds up nowadays.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Is Shudder worth subbing too? I subbed a year ago just to watch a movie but never had time to check it out.
Yes. They have a ton of stuff on there if you like horror. Particularly 70s and 80s and lots of eclectic stuff. Plus they have a good selection of Shudder only stuff. And some are really good.

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
Been wanting to watch Fall. Just havent had a chance yet. Jeepers Creepers was awesome when I was like 13 lol. Dunno if it holds up nowadays.

Definitely see Fall. Good concept, kinda "falls" apart at the end but. I agree, the Jeepers Creepers original was great, the sequels, not so much.

And Shudder? I'd get it if they had the Fulci movies from the 70s-80s. And some mondo cannibal flicks too. That'd be worth the price alone.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Trying to get October kicked off with some horror or Halloween-y stuff. We were going to watch the original Halloween but instead:

Alien - Just really great all around film. I forgot how much you actually see of the Alien. In my head it was much less and only one of the shots towards the end with Ripley did you finally see the whole thing. Just the way memory is when you haven't seen a film for 15 years. Damn thing is great though. Very intense and jumpy. Wife had never seen it so her reactions made it even better.

It is funny that there was so much complaining about the scientists in Prometheus (who were dog shit dumb), but like these guys weren't much smarter. At least not John Hurt sticking his face in an alien egg. Then again they were tow truck drivers so what do you expect.

Can't decide what we'll do tomorrow. Maybe Nightmare before Christmas b/c it straddles that Christmas movie / Halloween movie line. Need some kid friendly horror movies.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
I suggest Trick 'R Treat. I love that one. Tucker and Dale vs Evil is always good, too.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Tucker and Dale is a great idea, always forget that one. The last version I saw of that was a rip with unfinished special effects. Not sure I even watched the final version.

• 1Like

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
I saw Smile yesterday. I rated it, though I think the reification of mental illness is starting to become a jaded trope, only just barely, good execution and jumpscares which got me when I wasn't expecting them.

• 1Like