Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Rewatched True Lies. Yet another movie that really drives home how shit most modern movies are.

Bad ass guy shown to be highly competent and capable while not shown "toxic"
Distinct religious/ethnic group being portrayed in a very negative stereotypical way
Adult language and jokes
Women called out and portrayed negatively and youre not made to feel bad for it

Also fucking Arnold. How did that man become such a fucking pathetic raving pussy of a man?

Last edited:
  • 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rewatched True Lies. Yet another movie that really drives home how shit most modern movies are.

Bad ass guy shown to be highly competent and capable while not shown "toxic"
Distinct religious/ethnic group being portrayed in a very negative stereotypical way
Adult language and jokes
Women called out and portrayed negatively and youre not made to feel bad for it

Also fucking Arnold. How did that man become such a fucking pathetic raving pussy of a man?
Im not going to come out and say Arnold is a terrible actor... But I do think a lot of people looked past his acting because they saw themselves saying "Man, I wish I had the willpower and dedication to be that jacked!" and thought he was a badass because of it. Now.. hes just an old guy that hits the gym a bit and... isnt that great of an actor.

I tried watching something of his that came out in 2015 and.. its just bad.. and hes bad. At least Stallone was almost as jacked and.. imo, could act.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im not going to come out and say Arnold is a terrible actor... But I do think a lot of people looked past his acting because they saw themselves saying "Man, I wish I had the willpower and dedication to be that jacked!" and thought he was a badass because of it. Now.. hes just an old guy that hits the gym a bit and... isnt that great of an actor.

I tried watching something of his that came out in 2015 and.. its just bad.. and hes bad. At least Stallone was almost as jacked and.. imo, could act.
Are you trying to tell me Twins and Kindergarten Cop arent oscar worthy peformances?!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

No one has ever said "Gee.. Arnold deserves an Oscar for that role." He's never even been nominated, unlike Stallone.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im just saying Arnold is coming off as a Pussy now because .. well, he is. He was never known for his acting, as you guys are so eloquently pointing out. So without his jacked appearance - thats where he stands. Nevermind California aristocracy has probably ruined any semblance of machoism he used to have.

Animosity

No 80s action star would be an action star if they werent jacked. Other than Stallone, none of them could act well. They were just buff guys who fucked shit up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No 80s action star would be an action star if they werent jacked. Other than Stallone, none of them could act well. They were just buff guys who fucked shit up.
He might disagree with you...

1666984598893.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Im just saying Arnold is coming off as a Pussy now because .. well, he is. He was never known for his acting
I dont meant specifically carrying his on screen tough guy persona into real life, Im talking just general world view and outlook. What happened to the dude in Pumping Iron?

Animosity

I dont meant specifically carrying his on screen tough guy persona into real life, Im talking just general world view and outlook. What happened to the dude in Pumping Iron?
He became a politician in California and bent the knee

• 2Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992) - Holy crap this was really bad. It feels worse remembering it being sort of bad but in a goofy and classic way, but after watching it tonight it was kind of just bad. Hard to believe that the same people did the TV show just a few years later. What was cool, however, is:

- Thomas Jane cameo
- Ben Affleck cameo
- Completely forgot Hilary Swank was in this because Kristy Swanson was so hot to 13 year old me
- Rutger Hauer has about 5 minutes of screen time and is terrible as a villain
- Paul Reubens is just as creepy as a wimpy emo vampire

The soundtrack was strange because it has this late 80's / early 90s grunge thing, but hardly any of it seems to actually fit the movie The TV show was interesting because a lot of "indie" bands and semi popular bands showed up at The Bronze, where they hung out. The movie has Divinyls, The Cult, Matthew Sweet, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Ozzie, Susanna Hoffs, and R.E.M.

On the upside it was only 80 minutes long. Out of all the older movies we've watched recently this is the 1st that I'd say was straight bad. Hate saying it though!

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The Thing (1982) - 9/10; It has been probably 15 years since watching this and (un)fortunately I did not remember much at all. It is really incredible though. The create effects are awesome. Mrs. Intrinsic can barely do any type of blood and even she couldn't turn away from how insanely over the top they are. A perfect ending caps it all off. This is probably my favorite genre of horror / scifi. A very contained and isolated incident that also plays the characters against each other, adding to the paranoia and fear.

I never saw the 2011 version but heard it was promising except the practical creature effects being ruined with CGI.

I want to do MacReady next year for Halloween now.

Will be on a business trip tomorrow night for the 31st so we'll probably have to wrap up 31 days of fright tonight with the original Halloween.

• 2Like

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Pompeii (2014)

Jon Snow and Adebisi forge an unlikely friendship as gladiators/prisoners and (as would be expected) Mt. Vesivius blows up pretty epically at the end. I give it a solid 6. It's not the worst ancient rome / gladiator flick that I've seen. Ironically, the film is supposed to be a love story, but I think that was probably the least well done aspect of the film.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
1667171238018.png

The same company that made this documentary also made one for the first two Hellraiser films and while I thought those were really dry and self-congratulatory this was way, way better. It has interviews from almost everyone involved and tons of behind the scenes footage and photographs.

Yeah, the director knew the spider was lame but they were out of time. Literally. The last two days of filming were spider filming days.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Over the weekend watched the original Hellraiser (to erase the taste in my mouth from the shitty remake) and the remake of Fright Night with Colin Ferrell.

Hellraiser was a solid story idea with mediocre 80's acting and special effects. Its still better than the remake by far. 6.5/10

I thought I had seen the remake of Fright Night but apparently I hadn't. I was surprised at how strong the cast was. How do you not like something with Colin Farrell, David Tennant and the late Anton Yelchin. Christopher Mintz-Plasse plays the same character he always plays. Overall a really enjoyable vampire movie. 8/10

• 3Like

Homsar

Fright night remake was pretty awesome. One of the rare remakes that I might enjoy over the original.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This page is like a love fest for some of my favorite movies. Its awesome.
Watched Halloween 3 tonight, my favorite in the franchise.
Watched Trick 'r Treat, a Halloween tradition.

Bone Tomahawk is amazing.

The Fright Night Remake is great but pretty different than the original. Love them both but for different reasons.

They Live, Hell Comes to Frogtown, all awesome.

• 3Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The Fright Night remake definitely exceeded expectations. It's maybe the best of that era of reboot attempts.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users