Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Going to go through the Tooth Fairy series next probably.

Wife and I love going through all the horror movies on Prime, HBO, Tubi (the best btw), etc. That series was so much ass I can't even begin. Watchable because it wasn't college drama department level production (mostly...), but only if that's your bar.

I need to start an "Adventure in C(minus) maybe F(plus) Movie Watching" thread.

Should.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
On the recommendations here I watched Hacksaw Ridge. I had skipped it because I had thought it was some woke antiwar film from the description. Damn was I wrong. Really great film. 9/10

Mel Gibson as a Director is major league.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Watched The Out-Laws last night. It was pretty good silly shit. A bank manager is about to get married and suspects his new in-laws are bank robbers.

MV5BM2JmMmE0NjYtODUzNS00ZDg2LTk2ZjMtNDBiNjhlMGU2NjJlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQ4NTgxNzYx._V1_.jpg

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Beverly Hils Cop 1 2 3.

God damn what a shift in tone between 2 and 3. 1 and 2 had numerous fucks, strip clubs women showing their tits, "edgy" racial/sexual jokes/commentary etc. 3 all of that is gone and you have Axel at a fucking amusement park rescuing children.

Wtf happened with the 90s?

• 1Like

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Beverly Hils Cop 1 2 3.

God damn what a shift in tone between 2 and 3. 1 and 2 had numerous fucks, strip clubs women showing their tits, "edgy" racial/sexual jokes/commentary etc. 3 all of that is gone and you have Axel at a fucking amusement park rescuing children.

I love all of them, 3 is super cheese but whatever. I love Judge Reinhold in those movies

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Thunderbolt

Older Jackie Chan movie from around 95. Weird ass movie with a mix of martial arts and car racing. The dubbed voice for Jackie sounded like a white guy trying to sound asian. Tubi has a bunch of older Jackie Chan stuff.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I watched a older Jackie Chan on Tubi just the other week.

Twin dragons - 1992

He played identical twin brothers who were separated at birth and the parents thought the one twin had died.

So the parents ( who were wealthy ) took their one to New York and he grew up with a well to do upbringing and became a talented concert pianist.

The other was raised in the tough streets of Hong Kong and was a low level street tough, their paths cross when the pianist comes to Hong Kong for a series of concerts.

Both get mixed up in an underground crime inter-fighting , but for a part of the film, one got taken aside and spent time with the other's girlfriend, and the girlfriend didn't tell.

Despite the obvious fact that the two guys would act / talk / behave totally different. You really had to ignore logic here.

But it had some decent action and fight scenes so by the end it was an okay watch overall.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I watched a older Jackie Chan on Tubi just the other week.

Twin dragons - 1992

He played identical twin brothers who were separated at birth and the parents thought the one twin had died.

So the parents ( who were wealthy ) took their one to New York and he grew up with a well to do upbringing and became a talented concert pianist.

The other was raised in the tough streets of Hong Kong and was a low level street tough, their paths cross when the pianist comes to Hong Kong for a series of concerts.

Both get mixed up in an underground crime inter-fighting , but for a part of the film, one got taken aside and spent time with the other's girlfriend, and the girlfriend didn't tell.

Despite the obvious fact that the two guys would act / talk / behave totally different. You really had to ignore logic here.

But it had some decent action and fight scenes so by the end it was an okay watch overall.
Tubi has First Strike which is one of my favorites. The hotel fight scene is great.

• 1Like

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I know a lot of people here appreciate this movie but I think it flys way under the radar for the populous. 10/10. One of my favorite crime dramas.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Saw this was on Netflix and I hadn't seen it in years. Still a fun watch.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Simply put it was money from Toys and being able to bring kids into the movie. My father was a toy buyer early on in his career and the movie industry made a giant push towards PG-13 to sell toys. I distinctly remember the quality of action movie toys go to shit too from mid 80’s to early 90’s. My dad and I often lament over the good ol days of Alien Queen and Ed209 toys.

There was a lot of push back from the cuck brigade who were upset with violence and sex in movies. You had the Christian right align briefly with the Gore left. The toys were being made about Rated R movies Robocop 1/2, Aliens, etc and they became an easy target to protest. Rated R movies were not as profitable and Movie studios liked money so they wanted to get family’s into the theater.

Hence Robocop 3, Last Action Hero etc movies like that being PG-13 or less edgy.

Then you get into the early 2000’s and there is a push to break into the Chinese market and they demanded movies be less violent no sex and void of story etc.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Simply put it was money from Toys and being able to bring kids into the movie. My father was a toy buyer early on in his career and the movie industry made a giant push towards PG-13 to sell toys. I distinctly remember the quality of action movie toys go to shit too from mid 80’s to early 90’s. My dad and I often lament over the good ol days of Alien Queen and Ed209 toys.

There was a lot of push back from the cuck brigade who were upset with violence and sex in movies. You had the Christian right align briefly with the Gore left. The toys were being made about Rated R movies Robocop 1/2, Aliens, etc and they became an easy target to protest. Rated R movies were not as profitable and Movie studios liked money so they wanted to get family’s into the theater.

Hence Robocop 3, Last Action Hero etc movies like that being PG-13 or less edgy.

Cliffhanger was one one of the last Rated R 90’s action movies that was really good for awhile. No toys tho.

Then you get into the early 2000’s and there is a push to break into the Chinese market and they demanded movies be less violent no sex and void of story etc.

Artistic expression and creativity faltered heavily. That is why you one must now before the God Emperor Paul Vanderhoven, Saint Carpenter and 80’s Cameron.
Fuck them kids, i was poor and didnt get any of those toys growing up in the 90s.

• 1Like

Goatface

Underwater, 6/10, it was enjoyable, would have been a solid 7 if kristen stewart had some tits, ass and hair. normally don't like T.J. Miller being T.J. Miller, but he was good.

don't know why, but had desire to watch this again last week and enjoyed it more. so was thinking it was 7/10, but then watched meg 2 (5/10) and now it might be an 8/10.

• 1Like

Goatface

Damnation Alley 5/10

as a kid loved the landmaster and cockroaches scared the shit out of me. has to be 1st time watching it in 30 years. its not really a good movie, think the effects were probably even bad for its time, but it was enjoyable. was surprised that jackie earle haley was in it, he and the female co-star i think are the only 2 still alive.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Fucker

Log Wizard
Damnation Alley 5/10

as a kid loved the landmaster and cockroaches scared the shit out of me. has to be 1st time watching it in 30 years. its not really a good movie, think the effects were probably even bad for its time, but it was enjoyable. was surprised that jackie earle haley was in it, he and the female co-star i think are the only 2 still alive.
That's cool. I want one! Maybe Elon will make me one.

17464eb1b8245762d687911d289620ca-2806872114.jpg

Caliane

D&D: honor among thieves via prime.
not good. 5/10. I was expecting not to like it. The reason I expected was more on the side of disrespecting D&D, fantasy, and nerdom. like, ratqueens is all deconstruction and mocking fantasy. Atheist clerics and bullshit like that. It actually was fairly respectful however. so, good on that. But it still fell flat for me. nonstop marvel quips and jokes. but even less well done. TERRIBLE pacing and plot. no gravitas at all. Its from the Date night guys, and that sucked too. much of the same reasons.

Black adam. via prime.
2/10. good god this is unwatchable. almost no plot. the entire movie is just "black adam is so cool and powerful". this is the kind of movie that in the first 10 min of adam, one of the first thing he does is burn a poster of supermans face, to symbolically show how cool and powerful he is. then, 30min later he and hawkman get into a fight in the same room, and we have to stop and show the REST of the justice leagues posters get their faces burned and torn to show they ALSO aren't as cool as this movies characters. its insanely pathetic.

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
D&D: honor among thieves via prime.
not good. 5/10. I was expecting not to like it. The reason I expected was more on the side of disrespecting D&D, fantasy, and nerdom. like, ratqueens is all deconstruction and mocking fantasy. Atheist clerics and bullshit like that. It actually was fairly respectful however. so, good on that. But it still fell flat for me. nonstop marvel quips and jokes. but even less well done. TERRIBLE pacing and plot. no gravitas at all. Its from the Date night guys, and that sucked too. much of the same reasons.

Black adam. via prime.
2/10. good god this is unwatchable. almost no plot. the entire movie is just "black adam is so cool and powerful". this is the kind of movie that in the first 10 min of adam, one of the first thing he does is burn a poster of supermans face, to symbolically show how cool and powerful he is. then, 30min later he and hawkman get into a fight in the same room, and we have to stop and show the REST of the justice leagues posters get their faces burned and torn to show they ALSO aren't as cool as this movies characters. its insanely pathetic.
Black Adam had one redeeming feature and they kill him off.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
IMG_2636.jpeg

I haven’t watched this movie since it came out 23 years ago and it’s still rules. Just gotta forget about everything that came out after it. 8/10

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users