Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Caliane

Watched Dark Harvest last night. Available for rent or purchase on Amazon. I ended up buying it. Really enjoyable. Solid 7 or 8 out of 10 for me. Different take on these kinds of stories.

dang that trailer looked solid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watched Heart of the Sea with Chris Helmsworth. It was hard to watch in parts when they are killing the whales (for me at least), but the movie overall is well done. Its the "true" story Herman Melville used to write Moby Dick. 7.5/10

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This movie is way better than it has a right to be. Fun and schlocky in the right measures. Solid 8 out of 10.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
When Evil Lurks. 10/10. Scariest movie I've seen in a long time. No CGI all practical effects. It's on Shudder but can probably rent it on Amazon or something. Well worth the 5 bucks a month for Shudder.

• 3Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This movie is way better than it has a right to be. Fun and schlocky in the right measures. Solid 8 out of 10.

Dude, I love you man, and I typically share your love for weirdly good shitty movies, but Slotherhouse was terrible! I chuckled a few times at the absolute ridiculousness of some of it, but it was just bad! Like, Cocaine Bear was better level of bad.

And they did something I didn't think was possible. They took a cast of like 10 or more young girls and somehow only had one even halfway decent looking one (the blonde in the tub). I feel like you'd have to go way out of your way as the casting director to pick non-hotties in that situation. If I were a legitimate studio casting person and put out a call for sorority-aged girls, I bet well more than half of them would be at least bordering on hot. Not that they were hideous, but there wasn't more than that one that I would even look twice at on the street. That has to be on purpose. The one butch lesbian's voice kept taking me out of the movie. WTF was that? It was like she was trying to do a Batman voice or something. And the mean girl looked like she was in her 30s. (I just looked her up, and she's 29, so I was close. Also, the headshots of all the girls make them look decently cute (even the lesbian), so with good lighting and makeup they can be pretty, but it's almost like they tried to make them ugly and blotchy on purpose. In today's society I wouldn't be surprised if that were actually the case to prove some sort of point or something.)

I could see it being rated higher than say 4/10 if you were stoned out of your gourd watching it, but since I wasn't, that's all it gets from me.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dude, I love you man, and I typically share your love for weirdly good shitty movies, but Slotherhouse was terrible! I chuckled a few times at the absolute ridiculousness of some of it, but it was just bad! Like, Cocaine Bear was better level of bad.

And they did something I didn't think was possible. They took a cast of like 10 or more young girls and somehow only had one even halfway decent looking one (the blonde in the tub). I feel like you'd have to go way out of your way as the casting director to pick non-hotties in that situation. If I were a legitimate studio casting person and put out a call for sorority-aged girls, I bet well more than half of them would be at least bordering on hot. Not that they were hideous, but there wasn't more than that one that I would even look twice at on the street. That has to be on purpose. The one butch lesbian's voice kept taking me out of the movie. WTF was that? It was like she was trying to do a Batman voice or something. And the mean girl looked like she was in her 30s. (I just looked her up, and she's 29, so I was close. Also, the headshots of all the girls make them look decently cute (even the lesbian), so with good lighting and makeup they can be pretty, but it's almost like they tried to make them ugly and blotchy on purpose. In today's society I wouldn't be surprised if that were actually the case to prove some sort of point or something.)

I could see it being rated higher than say 4/10 if you were stoned out of your gourd watching it, but since I wasn't, that's all it gets from me.
You should watch Zombeavers next.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
You should watch Zombeavers next.
I've already seen that one. And maybe the sequel, although I'm hazy on that. I might have to rate it higher than Slotherhouse. If I remember correctly, at least the girls were pretty hot in Zombeavers?

EDIT: Slotherhouse needed tits, badly. Well, most movies do, but particularly slasher-type movies. I'm sick of seeing none, or even worse only dicks, when that's like half the fucking point of a slasher movie!

• 3Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I've already seen that one. And maybe the sequel, although I'm hazy on that. I might have to rate it higher than Slotherhouse. If I remember correctly, at least the girls were pretty hot in Zombeavers?

EDIT: Slotherhouse needed tits, badly. Well, most movies do, but particularly slasher-type movies. I'm sick of seeing none, or even worse only dicks, when that's like half the fucking point of a slasher movie!
All B movies need tits to be fair. Sorry you didn't like it bro. I went in expecting silly nonsense and got exactly that.

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
All B movies need tits to be fair. Sorry you didn't like it bro. I went in expecting silly nonsense and got exactly that.
It's all good, still going to give anything you recommend a consideration like always. I really want to watch that Dark Harvest movie, and will likely check out When Evil Lurks, but I was in the mood for some stupid fun last night so I watched Slotherhouse instead. It was stupid at least!

When I win a billion dollars, after I make Dredd 2, and before I make Dredd 3, I am going to start a side production company that funds small films like Slotherhouse, except they are all going to be required to have proliferous tits in them. I'll have to get FoH's help with a name, as I don't think Mammary Studios will fly.

• 2Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Agree on the slasher-type movies. Not sure if I made the comment after going through a lot of that Unseen list but it took 12 movies before finally get one with some tits. We re-watched Cabin in the Woods a couple of nights ago and at least that one did too. It just doesn't feel like a slasher flick without the gratuitous shower scene or otherwise.

Trick-or-treating tonight so may have to watch Slotherhouse on my own but I really wanted to see it when it popped up, it looks ridiculous. Zombeavers sounds amazing also.

• 2Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
It's all good, still going to give anything you recommend a consideration like always. I really want to watch that Dark Harvest movie, and will likely check out When Evil Lurks, but I was in the mood for some stupid fun last night so I watched Slotherhouse instead. It was stupid at least!

When I win a billion dollars, after I make Dredd 2, and before I make Dredd 3, I am going to start a side production company that funds small films like Slotherhouse, except they are all going to be required to have proliferous tits in them. I'll have to get FoH's help with a name, as I don't think Mammary Studios will fly.
Wolf Cop is still the gold standard for B flicks for me. Lots of tits in it!

Funny id fund a Dredd 2 if I got filthy rich as well!

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Wolf Cop is still the gold standard for B flicks for me. Lots of tits in it!

Funny id fund a Dredd 2 if I got filthy rich as well!
I'm starting to worry about your health man!

I watched WolfCop last night. Decent movie, I didn't hate it for what it was. But there was maybe 10 seconds of tits! And they were clearly a body double too, so I couldn't even fantasize about the smoking hot bartender chick they were supposed to be from. There was also .5 seconds of nasty titties at the very beginning of the movie if you want to get technical. That's not lots of tits!

When I found Gazonga Studios there will be a MUCH higher standard of titties in my movies. Like a minimum of 10 full minutes, not seconds.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I'm starting to worry about your health man!

I watched WolfCop last night. Decent movie, I didn't hate it for what it was. But there was maybe 10 seconds of tits! And they were clearly a body double too, so I couldn't even fantasize about the smoking hot bartender chick they were supposed to be from. There was also .5 seconds of nasty titties at the very beginning of the movie if you want to get technical. That's not lots of tits!

When I found Gazonga Studios there will be a MUCH higher standard of titties in my movies. Like a minimum of 10 full minutes, not seconds.
Dude that sex scene was like 1 and a half minutes copy pasted! Plus your Moonlight Desires they got you!

Goatface

dark harvest - 5/10 - really liked the premise, but it just felling apart with a lot of dumb. reading it probably won't get a sequel, it was based on a single novel.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
When Evil Lurks. 10/10. Scariest movie I've seen in a long time. No CGI all practical effects. It's on Shudder but can probably rent it on Amazon or something. Well worth the 5 bucks a month for Shudder.

Admittedly I did not watch the trailer before watching this, and I still have not, but I would like to let people know that this movie is in Spanish.

Really worth the watch, I didn't find it particularly scary HOWEVER I found it very unsettling in parts. Well made, cool story, only really stupid in one part.

7.5/10.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Dude that sex scene was like 1 and a half minutes copy pasted! Plus your Moonlight Desires they got you!
The sex scene might have been that long, but her titties were taped into that bustier so hard that they never popped out! I'm telling you, the titties were on screen for maybe 10 seconds total!

And I totally forgot to mention that I got to see werewolf penis for almost as long as I got to see titties :(

donald trump alex acosta GIF

• 1Worf

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Admittedly I did not watch the trailer before watching this, and I still have not, but I would like to let people know that this movie is in Spanish.

Really worth the watch, I didn't find it particularly scary HOWEVER I found it very unsettling in parts. Well made, cool story, only really stupid in one part.

7.5/10.
Unsettling is probably the best way to describe it.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yeah. its weird, theres multiple listings. not all free on prime video. that prime vid link, takes you to the version I watched.

to say more on it.
probably not a must see outside the contexts of halloween movie. but its a very solid entry into these halloween haunt movies.. you don't hate the characters. its shot very well. has a great tone in the beginning, leaving you questioning if its just a great "extreme haunt" with actors fucking with the people, one of the group might be a plant, or somethings actually wrong.
Seems like a movie expressly designed to promote halloween haunted trails.

You can sign me the fuck up for competent 90 minute horror movies. Bit of fun, couple scares, a twist or two, some gore and we out. It's a premise that has been done a few times before and we're not setting the world on fire with this one but I've rented way, way worse back in the day.

• 2Like

Goatface

last boy on earth 4/10
trailer looks like a jumbled mess, because it is 7 short stories that are somewhat connected. it does show just about everything interesting

1 - last boy on earth - split between the other shorts, kid in white room
2 - great value bladerunner
3 - military to get the thing in the underground tunnels
4 - space station
5 - government dating app
6 - robot problems
7 - letters
there isn't much dialogue, and all the english subtitles i could find end during last story, had to translate german subs on the fly.

really didn't understand wtf was going on in the 7th story, don't know if symbolism or what.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

Finally got around to this a couple of nights ago and it hit a lot of things that I really love so in my mind it was amazing. Definitely top of my list for recent stuff. The strangeness and uncomfortableness of everything, this world that is slightly not our world sort of thing. Quiet in parts, brutal. I thought it was awesome. Very 8/10 from me if not higher.

Last night I watched Hell House LLC because it kept popping up on Shudder so when I launched the app it was only 2 minutes in on Shudder TV. Stuck with it and actually really enjoyed it too. For as played out the found footage / Blair Witch style is this one executed pretty well. Some of the haunted house stuff was genuinely intense. No idea about the sequels that apparently exist. First one though is a strong 6.5-7/10 if you aren’t totally turned off by the style.

• 2Like