Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Alien 4K

View attachment 204607

I couldn’t imagine the opening sequences looking better than blu Ray. They do.

You’ll nut if you got a good 4k.

10/10 will nut again
I actually had this arrive yesterday. Can't wait to watch it. Also there are a ton of short films on YouTube for the 40th anniversary.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I actually had this arrive yesterday. Can't wait to watch it. Also there are a ton of short films on YouTube for the 40th anniversary.

The deleted scenes in 4k are amazing.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Go theater first time than DC. 6 mins of scenes in DC you can watch.
Yeah I normally watch the DC. So im actually watching the theatrical for the first time in a long time.

I was just curious which you prefer.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah I normally watch the DC. So im actually watching the theatrical for the first time in a long time.

I was just curious which you prefer.

Tough one but probably DC.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Recently rewatched a film I had not seen since the early 80's and its on amazon prime at the moment.

Dragonslayer (1981) still by far one of the best fantasy dragon movies ever made. Can't give it enough stars, i'm sure all you nerds have seen it but just in case SEE IT.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So I decided to watch a couple movies that I've always heard about but for some reason have never seen.

Easy Rider - People always talk about this as some American masterpiece. I didn't really know anything about it going in and was disappointed to find out it's basically just an artsy fartsy, drug infused allegory about America in the 60s. There were some enjoyable parts of the movie, basically anything involving Jack Nicholson's character, but the rest of it was just lost on me.

Man on Fire - Great revenge flick. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense in certain parts but it's a fun ride.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
So I decided to watch a couple movies that I've always heard about but for some reason have never seen.

Easy Rider - People always talk about this as some American masterpiece. I didn't really know anything about it going in and was disappointed to find out it's basically just an artsy fartsy, drug infused allegory about America in the 60s. There were some enjoyable parts of the movie, basically anything involving Jack Nicholson's character, but the rest of it was just lost on me.

Man on Fire - Great revenge flick. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense in certain parts but it's a fun ride.

I've been wanting to see Easy Rider for the same reason. That I've heard its a master piece of the counter culture. Sounds disappointing.

I do like Man on Fire though.

• 1Like

Crimson

Peasant
Something came over me to rewatch Clerks recently. A movie I used to love when I discovered it on a movie channel like 10+ years ago and probably watched a dozen times thereafter.

And.... it held up, for the most part. Not quite as funny to me though, with the amateur acting now being very apparent with an older mindset, but overall still a decent and somewhat special little movie.
Not worth rewatching again and again, but maybe once in awhile. Like.... 7.5/10.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Watched another couple of movies today.

Fracture - Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling in a lawyer vs narcissistic psychopath killer game of cat and mouse. Well executed and very well acted. The movie gives you enough info to figure it out without being in your face and has a small little twist near the end that makes it enjoyable even if you do figure it out early on. Liked this one a lot though the Gosling love interest subplot was a little hamfisted. 8.5/10.

Law Abiding Citizen - Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler in another revenge movie with decent acting and it's fun to watch but it's incredibly ridiculous with tons of plot holes. Dialogue suffers a bit because every character is an arrogant prick. 6.5/10

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Law Abiding Citizen is one of the biggest let-down movies of all time. The ending was such bullshit.

On that note, fuck Jaime Foxx. I can't stand him and he drags down every movie he's in. Collateral would be a near-perfect movie if not for him.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Can't say I agree. I think he's a very good actor who just takes a lot of poorly written "cool guy" parts in mindless summer blockbusters. Seems like a good pay-day strategy.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
High Life - Man I have no idea wtf I just watched. Parts of it were incredible, the stillness and tone, the visuals. But mother fuck if that movie isn’t just disturbing. Just real weird sex stuff with a crazy doctor using a sex chair for like 5 minutes, raping unconscious dudes, trying to get the other chicks pregnant, all while hurtling gloriously towards a black hole. I just wanted a sleepy little sci fi movie and got something much much different.

Feel like I need Szlia Szlia to offer some insight here or on Claire Denis.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Law Abiding Citizen is one of the biggest let-down movies of all time. The ending was such bullshit.

On that note, fuck Jaime Foxx. I can't stand him and he drags down every movie he's in. Collateral would be a near-perfect movie if not for him.

you also do know the ending was literally a demand from Jamie Foxx - he is one of those actors that cannot ever loose / be a bad (BAD) guy / ETC. so he demanded he "win" and that is why the movie had a tacked on WTFBBQ out of nowhere ending.

also Dragonslayer is awesome, and not just because its a diney movie with a flash of balls and tits.

• 1Like

Szlia

High Life - Man I have no idea wtf I just watched. Parts of it were incredible, the stillness and tone, the visuals. But mother fuck if that movie isn’t just disturbing. Just real weird sex stuff with a crazy doctor using a sex chair for like 5 minutes, raping unconscious dudes, trying to get the other chicks pregnant, all while hurtling gloriously towards a black hole. I just wanted a sleepy little sci fi movie and got something much much different.

Feel like I need Szlia Szlia to offer some insight here or on Claire Denis.

I saw that film and found it pretty lame. The plot is dumb and the dialogues are excruciatingly bad. Now, Claire Denis' cinema often rubs shoulders with contemporary art and modern dance, which leads to things like Binoche's long performance in the orgasmatron (it was funnier in Sleeper though!). I am not a huge fan of her work, but notable films are Beau Travail (there are many scenes of the french foreign legion training which looks like a kind of ballet and the cinematography of Agnès Godard - not related to the film maker - is breathtaking) and Trouble Everyday (a raw take on vampire films).

• 2Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Budapest - french hangover meets wolf of wall street? the poorer quality from being a foreign film really showed, but it was fun enough to watch to completion. there aren't any trannies. just saying if that's what you thought the cover was of. Is it good enough to recommend? probably not. 5/10.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Watched Always Be My Maybe it's a so-so rom com with Ali Wong and Randall Park. However worth it to watch Keanu Reeves play an over the top version of himself. There is a bunch of LQBTQ shit thrown around but it's more done mockingly than as an over the top message.

• 1Like