Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Watched Don't Worry Darling. It's the new film directed by Olivia Wilde with Chris Pine where she said that Pine's character was based off of Jordan Peterson. I like this kind of stuff in general and I was really curious what the fuck that meant. The film takes place in a 1950s Stepford Wivesy setting where all the husband goes off to work for a mysterious organization and the wives stay home. There are some bizarre occurrences, a mystery, etc. You know how Get Out took a bunch of familiar science fiction and horror themes and used them to tell a new story? Don't Worry Darling is like it's mirror opposite. It takes a bunch of familiar themes and cobbles together something derivative and uninspired.

[spoilers] It's actually the near future and the town of Victory is a simulation. All the housewives except Olivia's character had their memories wiped. We see the life that Alice, our main character, was living with her husband Jack. She puts in 30 hour shifts at the hospital as a doctor while he sits at home getting radicalized listening to Not Jordan Peterson podcasts. He's passive aggressive and creepy with long, greasy hair. You know, the kind of guy a doctor marries. He's buttmad about his dry penis or something, drugs his wife and signing them both up to live in The Matrix. [/quote]

The Pitch Meeting for this is actually brutal.

I watched this over two sittings and forgot about a bunch of things. It's a goddamn sea of things that are introduced to go nowhere.

I liked the soundtrack but Olivia must have spent a big fucking sack of cash on getting all the songs. It's well shot with good set design and the acting is fine but the story itself is just dull. Get Out stands on its own. This pales in comparison to The Stepford Wives and that film is like 45 years old and everyone knows the twist.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

I've had two different people message me with screenshots and videos to say I look like the Asian guy in this.

Screenshot_20221125-200404~2.png

Last edited:
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
wtf is that coffee table.

What, you've never been to the Korova Milkbar?

1670032064277.png

The Korova milkbar sells milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultraviolence.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
saw See How They Run last night, I think its on HBO max and also vod/torrents. 8.5/10, was really fun, totally family friendly, short, and just a good old fashioned murder mystery. Leaned a bit heavy on the "ha ha we know we are a murder mystery, we know you know too viewers" but the cast was fantastic and the two leads - Sam Rockwell and Siorsa Ronan were awesome. Bit weird to see Rockwell trying to do a Brit accent, it kinda threw me off since I think of him as dancing American guy but he was fantastic.

Kinda sad it bombed at the box office, but to be expected I'm happy to see this kinda movie at home but I'm not gonna go to a theater for it. With Death of the Nile and this bombing in theaters in 2022 probably won't see too many of these any more. If you love Agatha Christie stuff its probably even better, since it dives heavy into that aspect (I don't know much). One of the characters is supposed to be Richard Attenborough who I believe is the actor who played John Hammond ("spare no expense") in Jurassic Park, thought that was super neat.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
saw See How They Run last night, I think its on HBO max and also vod/torrents. 8.5/10, was really fun, totally family friendly, short, and just a good old fashioned murder mystery. Leaned a bit heavy on the "ha ha we know we are a murder mystery, we know you know too viewers" but the cast was fantastic and the two leads - Sam Rockwell and Siorsa Ronan were awesome. Bit weird to see Rockwell trying to do a Brit accent, it kinda threw me off since I think of him as dancing American guy but he was fantastic.

Kinda sad it bombed at the box office, but to be expected I'm happy to see this kinda movie at home but I'm not gonna go to a theater for it. With Death of the Nile and this bombing in theaters in 2022 probably won't see too many of these any more. If you love Agatha Christie stuff its probably even better, since it dives heavy into that aspect (I don't know much). One of the characters is supposed to be Richard Attenborough who I believe is the actor who played John Hammond ("spare no expense") in Jurassic Park, thought that was super neat.

Attenborough is/was famous as fuck over across the Atlantic.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
The ice cave scene was written into Star Wars to explain the scarring on his face from the accident.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Mindcage. Malkovich and others. A bad cutrate Silence of the Lambs. 0/10. Complete lack of originality.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just watched Blood Relatives on Shudder. Woke trash. Pretty subtle throughout, for a woke film. Though during the credits they dive in head first. Would have given it a 5/10 just for not being a complete snoozefest, but it's woke trash, so it gets a 0/10. But hey, if you're into that sorta thing, have at it. Jewish vampire who throws in a Yiddish word every third sentence to remind you "I'm not white like every bad person in this film, I'm Jewish", and a minority daughter wise far, far beyond her years.

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just watched Blood Relatives on Shudder. Woke trash. Pretty subtle throughout, for a woke film. Though during the credits they dive in head first. Would have given it a 5/10 just for not being a complete snoozefest, but it's woke trash, so it gets a 0/10. But hey, if you're into that sorta thing, have at it. Jewish vampire who throws in a Yiddish word every third sentence to remind you "I'm not white like every bad person in this film, I'm Jewish", and a minority daughter wise far, far beyond her years.
Jewish vampire. Isn't that an oxymoron?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I haven't watched it yet but whoever posted a gif of Oceans 11 inceptioned me

Great movie, easily held my attention despite multiple viewings and remembering much of the script. The two hours went by relatively quickly

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Fall - 4/10. It's a classic storyline in a modern girl power movie.

The main character loses her husband in a climbing accident. About a year later she's drowning her sorrows in alcohol and her best friend, who was along at the accident, comes to take her on an adventure and snap her out of it. They decide to climb a 2k foot radio tower and it doesn't go well.

I would have rated this higher, it's shot mostly pretty well and the story is fine. The problem is the main characters are retarded and the only fun my wife and I had was mocking them the whole time. It gets dumber and more predictable as it goes. No nudity.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Bullet Train on Netflix.

I enjoyed this movie and for a 2 hour movie the pacing was done well. Good action, acting and comedy.

• 2Like