Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
We need to do that. I showed Blood and Ice Cream movies to wife and she liked them all. She hasn't seen a lot of the others on the list and I haven't seen Baby Driver.

Since we did all the Rocky's she wanted to do Rambo to see how Sly acts in those.

Rock 1 - 3 are probably better movies than Rambo 1 - 3, but I've enjoyed watching John Rambo. Realized that I'd never actually seen Rambo 1 and was really surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Was very surprising after only knowing the Rambo 2+ character. His breakdown at the end was pretty good and it put a lot of perspective to the character.

Rambo III.... whooo boy. Watching that from a 2024 perspective is something else. Wife was blown away hearing the backstory of the Afghanistan v Russia situation and how it tied in to modern politics. She had no idea about any of that. And the 1988 representation of the mujahideen and that conflict is very interesting. Wasn't as good as Rambo II though. Nothing beats the intro of those explosive tip arrows and the ending.

We'll probably get to the final Rambos this week.

We did watch Family Plan tonight and it is enjoyable only being at the 42 year old having a family point of life. Officially can laugh at the dumb dad jokes and the kid's doing stupid stuff / being out of touch / etc because of living the experience now. Was kind of dumb that it turned in to a big Valorant commercial in the middle.
I love First Blood. I never watched 2 or three or 4 if there is one. I also love Rambo. Wasn't crazy about the last one though.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I can't remember if its 2 or 3 but the one is a hilarious drinking movie. Troutman keeps spouting off facts about Rambo like he's Chuck Norris. He pretty much did it every movie

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Candy Land- Wat.

6.5/10. Weird as fuck will probably not watch again.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I love First Blood. I never watched 2 or three or 4 if there is one. I also love Rambo. Wasn't crazy about the last one though.
The rest of them are pretty awesome but First Blood stands out for saying some really important shit about shell shock in the guise of a standard action movie.

• 2Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rambo 1.5 was pretty good also

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Foe - 3/10. This is a very well acted and shot shit movie.

The husband (a manlet) of Saoirse Ronan, in a world similar to the interstellar one, is chosen (forced) to live in space for a year. She will be given a robot copy of her husband kinda. The primary focus is how retarded she is about her emotions, but it treats it like she's being heroic or real or something.

Nudity - yes, but not a lot

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Spy Kids - What a completely bizarre movie. I need to read the story behind how this got made and why everyone was attached to it. Not going to complain about Carla Gugino. The whole thing is strange even for a kids movie. Some real nightmare stuff. Very strange 6/10.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I watched the original Conan movie again recently. 11/10. Sometimes art transcends the form. Especially the Atlantean Tomb scene is just great. Barely a line spoken and so much expressed.

It also reminded me how devastatingly bad most modern film scores are. There's nothing quite like the swell of an orchestra.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Hot Shots part 2

I had seen it in the cinema with friends when it first came out. I still remember it being the most I'd laughed during a film.

I watched it again for the first time in forever. I was in the mood for some cheesey comedy I guess. And I got plenty of good laughs out of it again.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watched Top Gun Maverick against last night. Damn that movie is so well put together. A tad bit too long, but otherwise nearly flawless.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
We watched Predator 2 last night and it is really hard to know where to start rating this thing.

It accidentally came very close to predicting what a “near future” or undefined time looks like, even watching in 2024. They decided to throw hilariously large lasers and optics on every weapon. Turned out to be accurate. IMFDB had the best pictures. These are hilarious.

1705764974787.png
1705765002287.png

Also putting AUGs in the Colombian gang's hands was great. Karl having one in Die Hard and then bam here's 50 in Predator 2.

Then you have the escalation of all the gang wars. It felt very Robocop 2 almost (also 1990). And is strikingly close to some of the big city issues and inner city killing. We aren't seeing automatic weapons battles in the streets of LA, yet. Plus the Heat Wave stuff seems relatable to all the continued Global Warming push we're still seeing.

Just a really interesting take.

The movie though is just bad to mediocre. Danny Glover makes the whole thing tolerable b/c the whole time I'm just imagining him as Murtaugh saying "I'm too old for this shit!" as he's climbing down plumbing on the outside of a building or jumping over cars chasing the Predator. Bill Paxton is so Bill Paxton, similar to Glover you can almost imagine him as the great great great great grandson of Hudson from Aliens. Poor Gary Busey. I really wish there was a special edition that put an easter egg in where Keyes' team worked for Weyland Co. Really didn't like a couple of the things they did with Predator. Like the lightning strike on top of the building. Plus he looked terrible scaling that thing from the outside.

So hard to say this is in any way a good movie, but it is bad enough to be enjoyable. 5.5/10 for me.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Killer clowns from outer space. Absolute C class horror and ridiculous. Was thinking there would be some so-bad-its-funny moments, but not really. 3/10

• 1Like
  • 1WTF

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
you can almost imagine him as the great great great great grandson of Hudson from Aliens.

Correct, Predator 2 is set in 1997 and Aliens is set in 2179. So assuming that Jerry Lambert (Paxton in P2) fathered a son in 1997, and that son had a son in 2027 then that son in 2057 etc. Then Lambert would be the great-great-great-great grandfather of Hudson from Aliens

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning.

Not bad - maybe it was great. I honestly couldn't tell-- I just kind of got lost in some of it. It was almost OVER stimulation with the constant action.

Amazing what Tom Cruise can do at age 60.

Plus his not model hot, but amazingly attractive/sexy villains (Vanessa Kirby & Pom Klementieff in particular) are some exceptional casting.

I probably have to (and will) see it again.

• 2Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Currently watching Air Force One for first time since its rental release. 90s action movies haven't aged well but this is holding up so far. The Atmos soundtrack is also highly dynamic.

Edit: I forgot about the lol parachute escape. It got silly near the end and the background music was overly dramatic

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Currently watching Air Force One for first time since its rental release. 90s action movies haven't aged well but this is holding up so far. The Atmos soundtrack is also highly dynamic.

Edit: I forgot about the lol parachute escape. It got silly near the end and the background music was overly dramatic

I almost posted something stupid about how I loved how Steven Segal only lasted like 5 mins in that before I caught myself and double checked -- yeah that was Executive Decision.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
X - 6/10 decent set up for what the movie was, I personally think the second half should have been edited down to 10-15 minutes. The first half could have been 10-15 minutes longer. Hope that make sense, trying not to spoil

DumbMoney - 6.5/10 I went into it expecting it to be a 4/10. Was pleasantly surprised, but it ain't making a top 20 of the year.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
River of Fear - 6/10. A Latvian horror movie that is a mix of Deliverance and Midsommer. Not scary, just one of those casual watches that ain't bad ain't good. Nudity yes

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user