Ray Donovan

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This season has been pretty good I think. Not perfect but a whole lot better than S2.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
The murder thing was cleared up too easily for my liking. Ray always being one step ahead is getting too convenient
I dunno.. Ray and his crew does this shit every day in the "cleaner business" ... They try to fight ray at his game? Gonna lose.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I agree. Something that's easy to forget as television watchers is that our favorite characters are masters of their craft. They don't go through all the minutia of their process in season 3 because they assume you know the deal after season 1.

Now, if you just started watching the show this season, I could see how you might be like "... really?"

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Excellent finale.

My only question to the writers:

Ray and Avi have like 2000 years of "Fixing" experience and no one thinks of wearing a bulletproof vest?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Wonder what the time skip will be between seasons this time around. They left a lot of shit to clean up.

As far as bulletproof vests, they're only so effective. But you're right, they should probably have at least put one on.

spronk

FPS noob
kinda meh, the stuff with bridget was just toxic trash TV and terry living was lame. The church stuff woulda been way more impactful if he had died.

In the next season, Bridget becomes an intern at the white house and takes down the president.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Bridget shit was bleh as fuck. All this shit happening and Conor isn't around anywhere. Why can't Bridget just disappear like this too? lol

Theresa is like the only decent person on this show. The confessional scene was just great. Liev did a great job of acting there.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that confessional was powerful shit. They acted the fuck out of that.

I really think Terry should've died. It would've made that scene even better and I feel would've made the finale pretty epic. It was definitely better than season 2, but I still think the Bridgette and Terry/Abbie stuff was completely trumped up, unnecessary drama that kept this season bogged down a bit.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Still sad that the best tits on the show is now gone.
frown.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Still sad that the best tits on the show is now gone.
frown.png
Yeah definitely poor some on the ground for hottest hooker in the world.

I really thought Bridget was going to kill herself by jumping off the pier this episode, and Terry was going to die, and Ray was just going to go off the fucking deep end.

Without any of that shit happening, it felt like the finale was superfluous and they could have just left it at the previous episode's ending.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I really thought Bridget was going to kill herself by jumping off the pier this episode, and Terry was going to die, and Ray was just going to go off the fucking deep end.

Without any of that shit happening, it felt like the finale was superfluous and they could have just left it at the previous episode's ending.
I was waiting for Teresa to throw Bunchy off the cliff. lol

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They should rather focus about Ray / Mick / Terry / Bunch arcline than Abby / Connor / Bridget stuff. I don't think they're doing a terrible job, but I mean we already had The Sopranos : unless you top that there's no way it's gonna get interesting.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
People moaning about wife/daughter drama -the family stuff is to show the cost of Ray's devotion to his job and the pressure he's under from all directions. Why do people always moan about wife plot points - seems like everyone wants every main character to go through life easily. Hollywood doesn't work like that

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
People moaning about wife/daughter drama -the family stuff is to show the cost of Ray's devotion to his job and the pressure he's under from all directions. Why do people always moan about wife plot points - seems like everyone wants every main character to go through life easily. Hollywood doesn't work like that
Because they are completely pointless and add very little to show the "struggle" that Ray deals with?

The Abby stuff in Boston? I actually enjoyed it for what it was, not a bad addition. It helped show some of the rough situations a family deals with/puts up with because of "blood" ties.
The Bunchie and Teresa stuff? Absolutely great. Shows how fucked up they both are, yet they are both obviously good people who love each other.

Those are the types of "dramatic" storylines they need to add. Hamfisted, overly convoluted and/or improbable scenarios added simply to give other actors shit to do is pointless. They've realized that with Connor and they make sure that he's, "staying at a friend's house" as a way to keep pointless storylines out of the way of the interesting shit.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Sometimes the surface details of certain characters are more than enough to add that element of flavor that they provide to a story. Thus providing fully fleshed out points of view for each of his family members is completely unnecessary for us to understand what is going on in his home life. Once something is established in a story there is no reason to restate that point, at length, episode after episode; it's boring and it drags the rest of the plot down.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah it's starting to get to the point that it seems like nothing really bad with any sort of finality is going to happen to any of the Donovan clan and they're just edging us with potential tragedy.

The Bridget shit was bleh as fuck. All this shit happening and Conor isn't around anywhere. Why can't Bridget just disappear like this too? lol
Maybe her running away from home will mean we see far less of her next season.

She was exceptionally fine for TV show hooker material.

And Bridget's private school friend she slugged hit all of the right marks in the slutty student category. Gonna miss her.