Red 99 SZ/Team Server

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
part of the reason I quit was that there simply wasn't any PvP
there's lots of PVP now, what with the global message that gets broadcast every time someone dies in PVP (i.e. "[PVP] Pharmakos <> has been defeated by Axeman <> in The Emerald Jungle!" would be seen by everyone if you ganked me... message commonly referred to as YT for Yellow Text) and the leaderboards that were set up (Project 1999 RED PVP).

now, though, that broadcast message has led people to roam around and gank easy targets just for recognition. i've had way too many wizards drop a couple nukes on me while i was in the middle of killing an EXP mob. people have even said "sorry for killing you i just want YT / my guild requires us to attack everyone we can so that we get ranked higher on the leader board".

Rhuobhe

N00b
I've been playing red for over a month now. You definitely have to be a mentally disturbed adult to tolerate this.

tbrz_sl

shitlord
Holo was behind the lvl curve vs IF core. We owned GUk, they took Sol B. We rolled melees with healers. They were necro, mage wizards. Even when they came at us at lvl 50 and we were in our low 40s, we annihilated them. I remember one fight in swamp right outside Guk where our clerics leved into the trees since we all had peg cloaks and flawlessed them. They then relized they were never going to beat us on an even lvl and decided to poopsock gear to the extreme to compensate.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Am I the only one who feels like they need to take a shower after reading Red99 forums?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Take a shower? More like resurrect Hitler and let him cleanse the world of their fiflth.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i joined <Red Dawn>

my 49 paladin got PKd by a 57 SK in LGuk. decided that trying to level solo at this point is pretty much akin to bashing my head against a wall.... not because soloing is hard, but because there's so many PKers at 50+.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
the server was falling apart for three reasons:
You forgot some stuff.

4) Bolt spells had NO LoS check at all, allowing magicians to nuke through walls at ranges so distant that you couldn't even see the 'soandso begins to cast' message.

5) Whirl stuns were lasting upwards of FOUR TICKS. Enchanter casts a 55 mana, 2.5 second cast spell on you, and you couldn't do anything for literally 18-24 seconds.

6) Nihilum's core members leveled so fast using rechargable wands that weren't supposed to be rechargable. When Tyen and I went into IRC to tell Rogean about it he about bit our heads off; probably because it ate into his star wars time.

7) Nihilum exploited the living shit out of Nag and Vox, and were caught red-handed, but after nothing was done for weeks Holocaust decided to do it too because hey why not? Nobody gets punished for doing it. Then of course Nihilum harrassed the GMs into banning the only opposition they had on the server while simultaneously guilding everybody they could into a massive zerg guild which turned the server blue.

I ran around with a group of friends for most of the time I played on the server before we joined Holocaust shortly before the idiot GMs banned them. I can tell you that they most certainly DID engage in PvP and did not run from it. They were by far the most active PvPers on the server. They didn't train us either. (in fact Xate trained them once, heh) The highest level players that would eventually form Nihilum were the ones who avoided it. They didn't start attacking us until they got brave from a massive level advantage.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You forgot some stuff.

4) Bolt spells had NO LoS check at all, allowing magicians to nuke through walls at ranges so distant that you couldn't even see the 'soandso begins to cast' message.

5) Whirl stuns were lasting upwards of FOUR TICKS. Enchanter casts a 55 mana, 2.5 second cast spell on you, and you couldn't do anything for literally 18-24 seconds.

6) Nihilum's core members leveled so fast using rechargable wands that weren't supposed to be rechargable. When Tyen and I went into IRC to tell Rogean about it he about bit our heads off; probably because it ate into his star wars time.

7) Nihilum exploited the living shit out of Nag and Vox, and were caught red-handed, but after nothing was done for weeks Holocaust decided to do it too because hey why not? Nobody gets punished for doing it. Then of course Nihilum harrassed the GMs into banning the only opposition they had on the server while simultaneously guilding everybody they could into a massive zerg guild which turned the server blue.

I ran around with a group of friends for most of the time I played on the server before we joined Holocaust shortly before the idiot GMs banned them. I can tell you that they most certainly DID engage in PvP and did not run from it. They were by far the most active PvPers on the server. They didn't train us either. (in fact Xate trained them once, heh) The highest level players that would eventually form Nihilum were the ones who avoided it. They didn't start attacking us until they got brave from a massive level advantage.
I bet youre the kind of guy who bangs a hooker bareback then complains about the aids.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I bet youre the kind of guy who bangs a hooker bareback then complains about the aids.
rrr_img_50000.png

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
everything Torrid said sounds legit, except -- vendor recharging is classic!

is it your fault i can't vendor recharge my Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap?
mad.png

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
They had already decided to make them not rechargable before I spoke to him, before the server even went up. Rogean thought the changes were already made but somehow they didn't go in or something.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
lol, sup chewie

i'm the one that shot you a /tell to ask if i could have a pass to solo in LGuk... that 57 SK that ganked me was actually Beastagor, not you.

i haven't played red in like a month now.... its great fun, i just currently am too casual for the high end game there. super high tensions all around. i'm sure i'll get back into it eventually, but after the grind to 49 i just needed a break for a bit...

Rhuobhe

N00b
I've gotten the hang of playing red99 casual, something i presumed was impossible with two kids, a full time job and a wife that scowls at you ready to attack. I just don't stress out about pixels or exp anymore. If i sense an impossible pvp situation I just camp and do something else. I have to admit that it would probably be more difficult if I were to play a melee class.