Red Dead Redemption 2

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Nope. Last of Us is another one that I always hear such good things about. But I don't console.

You need to read this post in it's entirety.

God of War (Best game probably ever released) Last of Us, Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, Yakuza, Original Red Dead Redemption, God knows what else you missed. And will continue to miss. You are really throwing yourself into a corner staying exclusive to PC games simply due to control mechanics. And now RDR 2, which may or may not come to PC. I mean you can cross play Xbox exclusives on PC but that requires 1) Windows 10 (You may or may not care about that, some due for whatever reason. 2) Microsoft's horrible store front. 3) Usually are built with controller in mind anyway and Kb/M are after thoughts. 4) Their exclusives suck ass this gen and probably will for the unforseeable future.

I don't want to tell you what to do with your cash, but I know you love games, and you are doing yourself a huge disservice by not owning a PS4 or PS Pro this gen for some of the most amazing games you will ever play. And if you do decide, "Hey ok. I'll Listen to Doctor Ut on this one and see what happens", I can absolutely 100% guarantee you, you will go to the bathroom after a gaming session with one of the above games (And others mentioned) and proceed to punch yourself in the face 56,201 times as punishment for not listening sooner.

Seriously. Look at it this way. Before you know it, you will be 89 years old. Laying in a bed, cramped up hands, waiting for the nurse to wheel you down to play Bingo for a few banana's which you will have to put in a blender because you can't eat, and when you decide you are tired and need to go to bed at 4pm for the night, there will be a brief moment you stare at the ceiling looking back at all the missed opportunities you lost in life. (We all will) Whether it was fear, ignorance, stubbornness, laziness, comfort level, etc as a reason you didn't jump at a life chance. And, if either way, whether you listen or not, you will think of this post.

Don't let this be a missed opportunity under the notch of an elderly man's belt. Look up and smile at that ceiling, and think, "You know what... I took a risk...THAT ONE TIME... . And boy howdy am I glad I did."

• 11Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, if you're even remotely into gaming, I can't help but recommend the PS4. I'm mainly a PC gamer, but my favorite games of all time are almost all PS4 games right now.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just get a PS4 Pro, a bag of pizza rolls, some lotion, and lots of tissues man. Maybe some Dew as well.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I finally started and beat Last of Us while on vacation last Thanksgiving, first game I can really think of that screwed with my emotions. The snow part of the story is one of my most memorable moments in gaming.

I am glad I waited until 4k and PS4 to play it, even though I didn't plan it that way.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
God fucking dammit.

20180511_171541.jpg

God of War is cool as shit, albeit waaay different and controls oddly compared to every previous iteration, but God damn it looks good in 4k. Just wish the PS4 had an HDMI audio pass through for HD audio so I could discard/move my BD player, since my shit receiver doesn't pass through 4K and I only have one 4K plug on my TV. Also the interface hasn't improved since the PS3, and the insistence on "sharing and broadcasting" bullshit, but meh, I'll get used to that.

Fuckin first world problems.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
He's right though. It's fucking worth the money. So many great games that are must plays.

Very true. I've always been primarily a PC gamer, but I got a PS4 pro last year and haven't regretted it one bit.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'll just never buy a console again. I wish they'd get around to doing a PC port of it.

And ffs I could use a PC release date on this one.

Bloodborne alone is a reason to have a PS4. I am not even kidding. My #2 favorite game of all time right behind Baludr's Gate II. I blew 250 hours in Monster Hunter this year and will probably play more after some more updates. Persona 5 was fantastic, God of War is good. I don't care about Uncharted but Horizons Zero Dawn was great... and quite a few others. PS4 has crazy good exclusives.

You will not regret it.

• 1Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Bloodborne and the Souls series make me want to cut my wrists, and I kinna respect them for that, but it is absolutely the opposite kind of game I want to play. If I want punishing, I'll go play an old Megaman game or smash my dick in a door jam. Gimme a story, reasonable objectives, decent progression, improved character on time spent that's not iPhone ap bullshit...

I guess I can gitgud, but fuck that.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm torn on getting Bloodborne. Everyone says it's great but punishingly difficult. I never played the Dark Souls series either. Is it Castlevania Lords of Shadow difficult? Because that's probably the bar for difficulty in games these days for me. Some of those boss fights were like 30 minutes long and you had to play them damn near perfectly.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Well. It was free last month so you missed out. Yeah pick it up and try it out. :)

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm torn on getting Bloodborne. Everyone says it's great but punishingly difficult. I never played the Dark Souls series either. Is it Castlevania Lords of Shadow difficult? Because that's probably the bar for difficulty in games these days for me. Some of those boss fights were like 30 minutes long and you had to play them damn near perfectly.
LOS is child's play comparatively.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Get it pussy. It's worth it, I promise. It was my first "Souls" game too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I was hesitant on buying Bloodborne, as I had heard it was very difficult. I had not played any of the Dark Souls games. I bought it on sale and it's probably my favorite PS4 game now. After beating it, I got all 3 Dark Souls games and beat them as well. They are definitely challenging, but they are great games.

• 2Like

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I've played all the Dark Souls series and Bloodborne. They are challenging, yes, but also some of the best games ever made. In gaming, you rarely get the sense of satisfaction and accomplishment you do beating some of the bosses in those games.

Although difficult, they are also forgiving if you are willing to put the time in. The reason is even if you fail, you can steadily improve your character as long as you can save your "souls" (the currency in the game) and live to return to trade them in for stats, which level your character. So given enough time, you can level your toon and make many fights which seem impossible at first relatively easy to beat. Of course, this means spending more time in the game, but that's part of the allure imo.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Aight I'll get it eventually. I'm in the middle of God of War right now and haven't even launched Nier or Nioh yet. And I'm still working on the Witcher 3 DLC. So I'm nowhere close to picking it up.

• 2Like

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Aight I'll get it eventually. I'm in the middle of God of War right now and haven't even launched Nier or Nioh yet. And I'm still working on the Witcher 3 DLC. So I'm nowhere close to picking it up.
How's God of War? I need to finish The Witcher & Shadow of the Colossus but it's between GoW and MH3 for my next purchase.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
can't wait till loot boxes, mtx and p2w info gets released and this thread assplodes.

"We are convinced that we are probably from an industry view undermonetizing on a per-user basis. There is wood to chop because I think we can do more, and we can do more without interfering with our strategy of being the most creative and our ethical approach, which is delighting consumers." -- Take-Two