Red Dead Redemption 2

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
What's the difference between the B7, and the C7/8? Besides being $250 and $750 less than the C7 and C8 respectively.

Normally the only huge difference was Dolby atmos support from the TV for the audio return channel in the C series. But my b7a has that anyway in a software update. Other differences definitely read that link but in no way in my opinion is it worth the extra cash. Dolby atmos should be ran through a receiver that supports it.

Things to note though. If you run through your home theater, your receiver needs to be hdcp 2.2 complaint. (And sometimes they may only activate a few ports due to licensing). So if you do that, make sure to have a receiver to support it.

Also to note, as of now anyway, Dolby vision completely destroys HDR10. Only the Xbox one s or x will support Dolby vision (and only through an upcoming software update which is not available yet).

A way around this is to use your oled Netflix app which supports Dolby vision and run ARC back to your receiver for 5.1 audio.

Also if you have an older psvr, know that it won’t pass through hdcp 2.2. Which means it will pass 4k but not HDR. So bypass that on a ps pro with a direct connection.

And! You can always ask me for best settings. Through trial and error I have it down pat!

Go now my son. Into the Best Buy of your choosing. And make your dreams come true!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Normally the only huge difference was Dolby atmos support from the TV for the audio return channel in the C series. But my b7a has that anyway in a software update. Other differences definitely read that link but in no way in my opinion is it worth the extra cash. Dolby atmos should be ran through a receiver that supports it.

Things to note though. If you run through your home theater, your receiver needs to be hdcp 2.2 complaint. (And sometimes they may only activate a few ports due to licensing). So if you do that, make sure to have a receiver to support it.

Also to note, as of now anyway, Dolby vision completely destroys HDR10. Only the Xbox one s or x will support Dolby vision (and only through an upcoming software update which is not available yet).

A way around this is to use your oled Netflix app which supports Dolby vision and run ARC back to your receiver for 5.1 audio.

Also if you have an older psvr, know that it won’t pass through hdcp 2.2. Which means it will pass 4k but not HDR. So bypass that on a ps pro with a direct connection.

And! You can always ask me for best settings. Through trial and error I have it down pat!

Go now my son. Into the Best Buy of your choosing. And make your dreams come true!
Got a 4K Dolby Atmos receiver, so I'm good on HDCP 2.2. Also read the comparison and watched a few videos between the B7 and C8; C8 is better in several, very small ways. Viewing clouds with the sun behind it, black and grey production is slightly better. "Difference between the 6 and 7 was significant compared to 7 and 8, but the 8 is still better in all aspects, although minimally." Apparently my current TV is a 7.1 on rtings.com, the B7 and C7 are both an 8.6, C8 an 8.8. Meh, we'll see.

• 1Like

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
There's no way they'd release the PS5 in 2019. PS4 has just hit its market stride, with likely two more years if I'm being on the short side. Granted if the PS5 plays PS4 games, that's a 3 year cycle, so 2020 could be very likely. Though that would fuck the PS5 market if you can't play PS5 on PS4 Pro/PS4. But if coded to work on all three consoles, with PS5 providing the best experience, we're looking at a very interesting market where a console has variable options just like a PC (albeit an insanely minimized version of one).

What if they make it so new games from PS5 launch onward only play on PS4 pro and PS5, that would give PS4 its usual 6-7 years and then in 3 years they could release a "PS5 pro" and remove PS4 pro from new games.

Although I don't know if the PS4 pro is actually powerful enough to do something like this.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Motherfuckers just made me impulse buy the Pro bundle. Texted my friend if he wants my regular PS4 and he was like “nah don’t need it distracting me.” Can’t even give this shit away.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Seeing articles saying the the story is 60 hours or so, only 11 more days.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I was going to get this on XB1X, but my brother and friends are going PS4, so I preordered for PS4.

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I may end up buying both. :(
Rockstar right now...

tumblr_nkpltvzmZz1s2wio8o1_500.gif

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, they are banking for sure. I haven't logged into GTA Online a single time.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I wish they would announce cross play between Xbox and PlayStation for online. However that would work. Because then the choice is easy. But with the majority of my online buddies on PS4, and a handful on Xbox, it’s hard. Add in to that progression on both platforms being segmented.... blah.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So if I don't give a single fuck about online and just want all story content and don't need every last bit of cheater DLC, then I'm fine with just a pre-order of the special edition?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
So if I don't give a single fuck about online and just want all story content and don't need every last bit of cheater DLC, then I'm fine with just a pre-order of the special edition?

Not quite, from my understanding. I believe there's two single player missions not available in standard.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yah, I don't see the big draw with GTAV online either. Of course, maybe it's a SoCal type of thing, but I don't see the big draw about GTAV (the entire game).

• 1Seriously?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not quite, from my understanding. I believe there's two single player missions not available in standard.
Right, I was looking at special and not seeing any reason for ultimate. Far as I can tell ultimate is just a couple more cheater DLC and some online stuff.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yah, I don't see the big draw with GTAV online either. Of course, maybe it's a SoCal type of thing, but I don't see the big draw about GTAV (the entire game).

The online was pretty cool if you had people to play with regularly - My brother and I played a bit on PC, and it was pretty fun doing heists, ganking fools and stealing cars. It's entirely separate to the single player game, but the framework was similar. We built up a ton of $$ and bought a ton of cars and real estate then just sort of stopped playing it. Not sure how it'll work in this game though, as a LOT of the online stuff was totally off the rails

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Right, I was looking at special and not seeing any reason for ultimate. Far as I can tell ultimate is just a couple more cheater DLC and some online stuff.

Oops, yeah, read right past you saying special. But yeah, pretty sure there's no reason to get ultimate if you don't care about boosts or online crap. Everything I've read agrees with that understanding.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I wonder if you even need special to be honest. It’s one bank heist (of which you have plenty) and one base out of what will be many as well.

• 1Solidarity