Remnant: From the Ashes

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played a little last night and was getting my ass handed to me when all of a sudden 10 enemies all spawned while I was looking for a subway entrance. How the hell am I supposed to beat that lol. @Ratama I need help.
Yea, that is my biggest issue with the game at the moment. Example. I was running from a checkpoint in Rhom to the next zone. I only killed what I had too, and once I was in the big open area that had the door to the next zone I just ran for it. Once I got to the doorway, I turned around and fought the 5 or so mobs which were following me. Killed them then turned around to enter the doorway, and 3 more mobs literally walk out of the stone framing of the door, lol.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Borderlands comes out in 3 weeks and that is the pre-designated 'BFF' game my crew has been waiting for. I think this is too much like and releasing too close to Borderlands for us to grab it.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Borderlands comes out in 3 weeks and that is the pre-designated 'BFF' game my crew has been waiting for. I think this is too much like and releasing too close to Borderlands for us to grab it.

Its only like $50, worth it for the price.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
39 in US. But Still, might be best to wait for a sale at this point.

I am still going to play it since I already bought it and maybe I have not given it the proper chance yet, but based on having random enemies spawn all over to kill me without recource (Dark Souls was difficult, but at least it was fair and you could memorize difficult patterns) I am on the fence. Vorph Vorph 's review guy said wait for a sale at half price even at a launch price of $39.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't know if I've been lucky, but I haven't had any of the bugs that Karak did in the review. I believe he played on Xbox mainly though, and I got it on Steam. I definitely agree with him about the audio though, the positional effects are not well done at all. My only other technical complaints are that there's no FOV slider and the ultrawide support is retarded-ass Vert- (which is extra annoying because the same studio released Darksiders 3 with exact same problem and fixed it in a patch, only to repeat the blunder again here).

I'm not sure what you mean about enemies randomly spawning on top of you. I've only seen that happen in boss fights. I do think it's kind of a shitty mechanic there though, especially when they spawn in right behind you. Maybe it would seem less lame if practically every boss didn't have the exact same gimmick. I can sort of see having it like that in coop, but for solo play it's rather lame. Like I said a couple days ago, I think the devs focused way too much on coop elements when they were making a game in a genre in which most people make it a point to solo everything. In addition to the adds, stuff like putting weak points on boss' backs is irritating design as well.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
39 in US. But Still, might be best to wait for a sale at this point.

I am still going to play it since I already bought it and maybe I have not given it the proper chance yet, but based on having random enemies spawn all over to kill me without recource (Dark Souls was difficult, but at least it was fair and you could memorize difficult patterns) I am on the fence. Vorph Vorph 's review guy said wait for a sale at half price even at a launch price of $39.

I've never got more than a few hours in any dark souls game but this is legit good. Get gud faggot. I've also ran I to o ly one bug and it's a great game.

• 1Worf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure what you mean about enemies randomly spawning on top of you.

So this is what happened to me. I went through the tutorial, died, woke up in Ward 13. Did a few meet and greets and turned on a power generator. Proved myself to some old lady. Got a key for a computer which opened up a crystal. Touched the crystal, and went to some dudes station and read some things. I had to find a subway entrance. I went through an area after of what looked to be a burned out city. Shot some shit, found some materials and such in nooks and crannies. All of a sudden I had 14+ Roots spawn out of thin air (Some pink hue as they spawned and vanished and respawned over and over) and they would appear and then vanish and then appear again within damage distance. There were tons of the things appearing and reappearing. I took out about 6 but they kept coming like some sort of gauntlet. I died. I quit game. I played Rocket league for a few and went to bed.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only bug I've experienced so far is not being able to use an Ammo Box until I went back to Ward 13. I think the whole procedural generated maps / dungeons is a bit oversold. When I was just watching Dev videos, I don't recall them ever mentioning that the randomly generated maps / dungeon only occurs once... when you seed the campaign. Once the campaign is rolled, everything is locked in as it spawns when you enter the area. Having certain maps / dungeon layouts only become available if you reroll triggers my OCD. Apparently there will be an update coming out in a couple weeks (or so) that will introduce and "adventure mode" to the game which will allow you to reroll the campaign on the fly without restarting it.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So this is what happened to me. I went through the tutorial, died, woke up in Ward 13. Did a few meet and greets and turned on a power generator. Proved myself to some old lady. Got a key for a computer which opened up a crystal. Touched the crystal, and went to some dudes station and read some things. I had to find a subway entrance. I went through an area after of what looked to be a burned out city. Shot some shit, found some materials and such in nooks and crannies. All of a sudden I had 14+ Roots spawn out of thin air (Some pink hue as they spawned and vanished and respawned over and over) and they would appear and then vanish and then appear again within damage distance. There were tons of the things appearing and reappearing. I took out about 6 but they kept coming like some sort of gauntlet. I died. I quit game. I played Rocket league for a few and went to bed.

That was a mini-boss btw. Has two sickles and avoids damage until he swings whilest teleporting. Could have also been the bowman mini-boss, they would port near me but it would give an indicator on the ground.

Get GUD

• 1Worf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
That was a mini-boss btw. Has two sickles and avoids damage until he swings whilest teleporting. Could have also been the bowman mini-boss, they would port near me but it would give an indicator on the ground.

Get GUD

Are there 15 of them all at once? Also, I can get this on PC and you can carry me instead.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To anyone who has the Void Armor. I know it is a puzzle you need to do at The Monolith, but the area with the puzzle itself is still blocked off. Is there a specific dungeon in Rhom that I need to go through to come out on the puzzle side of the Monolith? Or do you need to get there via the Labyrinth?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok I’m getting Gud. Figured it out and starting to click. Fucking nerve racking game man I love it. I’m scared around every corner. Do you use your inventory if you die and not spend it before hand?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok good don’t lose inventory when you die. Meeting shroud for the first time. Holy balls.

Any pointers?

Nija

<Silver Donator>
The only pointer I have at the moment is don’t try him over remote play while working. Too many 180 degree spins for remote play.

• 1Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Void Armor puzzle is stupid. Basically have to run around randomly hoping you get the plates down in the proper order.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any pointers?
Like most games with a limited budget the content is front-loaded and the first world has tons more secrets than the rest. Unless you plan to replay the whole thing multiple times on higher difficulties (or just want to wait a few? weeks for adventure mode) I would advise resetting Earth a few times until you get the good stuff like xp ring, iframes ring, both crit rings, twisted armor, bandit armor + pocket watch, magnum, hunting pistol, AR, sniper, Tommy gun, both Singe weapons, Shroud's mod, encumbrance amulet if you like using heavier armor, Bark Skin trait, etc..

Also probably the best way to git gud, since you can freeze the level scaling by not upgrading any gear until you finally do move on to the next zone. You'll be swimming in iron really fast so upgrade everything to +5 to play around with it all and decide what you like best, and by the time you're done you'll have a shitload of forged iron for the next batch of upgrading. It's best to only upgrade gear sporadically, since you may hit a wall with a boss that keeps kicking your ass, and one way to get past that is to upgrade gear a few more levels since the boss is locked at the level you first come across it.

• 1Like