Remnant: From the Ashes

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Cool, as long as they go back down after I leave is what makes joining anyones game not a cluster fuck.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From what I understand it scales to the average once you load into a new zone, however super high levels may fuck over low levels if they try to solo a previously generated level. I might be wrong though. Also only the host makes story progress.
I think a persons solo campaign won't get affected by a high level who joined them, even if it was the first time the host (low lvl player) entered that area. So they could go back, if they wanted too and it would be scaled for them properly. At least, I hope that is how it works.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Like most games with a limited budget the content is front-loaded and the first world has tons more secrets than the rest. Unless you plan to replay the whole thing multiple times on higher difficulties (or just want to wait a few? weeks for adventure mode) I would advise resetting Earth a few times until you get the good stuff like xp ring, iframes ring, both crit rings, twisted armor, bandit armor + pocket watch, magnum, hunting pistol, AR, sniper, Tommy gun, both Singe weapons, Shroud's mod, encumbrance amulet if you like using heavier armor, Bark Skin trait, etc..

Also probably the best way to git gud, since you can freeze the level scaling by not upgrading any gear until you finally do move on to the next zone. You'll be swimming in iron really fast so upgrade everything to +5 to play around with it all and decide what you like best, and by the time you're done you'll have a shitload of forged iron for the next batch of upgrading. It's best to only upgrade gear sporadically, since you may hit a wall with a boss that keeps kicking your ass, and one way to get past that is to upgrade gear a few more levels since the boss is locked at the level you first come across it.
Is there a list of sub areas / dungeons for Earth to check? I reset my campaign to try and get some new stuff, and it sorta worked. Got one new subarea (mudfoots hideout), and a couple new boss encounters (Mangler and some horde event), then got a couple new rings (melee speed and crit). But I lost the dungeon with Brabus, so getting the Watch was pointless for that run.

I'm wondering if the Map keeps track of everything you've some across multiple resets in that it won't show the flashing diamond zone indicator for sub areas / dungeons that you've been too previously. Going to the Labyrinth opens up Rhom, right? So once you hit that point, and all the maps for Earth no longer show the flashing indicator, you should be done, right?

Edit: Does the old man only give you the Watch once? After I reset Earth the second time, I went back and went through his dialogue, he even said he was giving me the item, but it doesn't show up in my quest items.

Edit: Found a listing of areas / dungeons / bosses for each world.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
To get the watch, mod, and bandit armor, I got the watch in my first world and killed Brabus to craft the mod, then reset the game and went to Brabus to give him the watch for the armor, then back to the old guy and got a new watch. You can't have two of anything at the same time, it gives you scrap instead if you try.

Not sure about the flashing, I just use the Earth guide on reddit and quickly run through to see if the last couple things I need have spawned. Either I'm unlucky or the monkey key and Liz areas are pretty damn rare.

Most important thing is the xp ring though. First trait I maxed out was the XP one so I get a total of +50% XP now.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have pretty much everything from Earth that I want, aside for Bandit Armor, the AR and Magnum. My first playthrough, I only saw the Tree event in the first City area, the second City area had Brabus but not Mudtooth (so no Watch). Second playthrough, I had Mudtooth (Watch), but no Brabus. Third playthrough I had Mudtooth (but he didn't give me the Watch, and I didn't have it in my Inventory... seems like a bug). In the next 5 resets there has been no Mudtooh in either City area. Sucks, lol.

Edit: Oh, would anyone happen to know if the Akari armor set bonus is Melee only? The wording seems to imply it is.

Vorph

Ah, weird, I thought Mudtooth was a guaranteed spawn. He's been in the same exact spot every time for me. Edit: You sure the watch didn't auto-equip? If the amulet slot is empty it goes there instead of into your inventory.

The other one I can't get is Bark Skin. I've seen the evil tree a few times, but Junk Town never spawns. I'm sure once I finally get the mask then the tree will disappear instead. Oh and I can't seem to get Singe either... every damn time it's Ent and both his drops suck.

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
There was a post on reddit from the devs that explained how scaling worked but I cannot find it now.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
F me. Didn't know the Pocket Watch was an Amulet, lol. Guess I still have it, will check later. Just need Brabus to spawn then.

Vorph

It's one of the best amulets too. So much less of a hassle to sprint all over with the extra stamina regen it gives.

Also, le sigh at another patch without fov and ultrawide fixes. :(

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It's one of the best amulets too. So much less of a hassle to sprint all over with the extra stamina regen it gives.

Also, le sigh at another patch without fov and ultrawide fixes. :(

Can you not force it within the .ini?

Vorph

Can you not force it within the .ini?
No. Massive fisheye effect if you try to use the standard UE4 fix:

[/script/engine.localplayer]
AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV

Using numbers like 50 or 60 is just as bad too.

Plus even if it did work, the game resets it to the default setting (AspectRatio_MaintainXFOV) every time you talk to a NPC.

It's extra frustrating because Epic is retarded and changed the default from hor+ to vert- between UE3 and UE4, and then a dev like Gunfire comes along and uses the default in Darksiders 3, people bitch about it, and they patch it. Then they make another game and it's the same damn thing all over again.

Edit: WSGF released a tool that might work in the meantime, guess I'll try that out while I wait for a real solution.
Edit2: Apparently the patch that didn't fix the FOV problem *did* break the tool since it's using memory offsets to change the FOV while the game is running.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For those who don't know yet, to get a piece of armor to +20 requires 1 Simulacrum, and I don't recall if my rifle needed one to hit +20 (I doubt it though).

Vorph

I thought everything needs a simulacrum to hit +20 (+10 for boss weapons).

You can just reset the game for more, as the mandatory sub-dungeon(Cutthroat Channel / Tangled Pass / Sunken Passage) that connects you to the last crystal before the world boss will always have a simulacrum in it somewhere.

Saw a post on reddit from someone else trying to farm the AR... he went from trait level 89 to 292 and still never got the Sorrow's Field map to spawn. I figured it was just a 1/6 chance since there's 6 possible sub-dungeons in that spot, but it sounds like it's weighted pretty heavily against some of them.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, weapons do require the simulacrum, my mistake. I got the AR and Bandit Armor in one run. Not sure if the 50% (35% bandit + 15% proc ring) chance to not use ammo is worth it yet. Haven't really noticed a difference.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Watching some of my trusty review sites, and this seems like a neat game - how are the bugs/optimization? Was planning on holding out for a few patches but the game is looking pretty great

Nija

<Silver Donator>
As far as bugs go, the game was blue screening on PS4 with the patch yesterday. I tried loading in about 5 times and gave up. Looking at the forums today, apparently the problem was with 4k resolution and if I would have thought to set my PS4 to 1080p the game should have worked. The devs were communicating last night, so that's positive at least.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user