ReRolled Minecraft Server III

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Official release date is July 1st 2013 for 1.6

Remember, the multiplayer server will continue to run 1.5.2 until a stable release of Bukkit is available for my host.There's no telling how long that could be, but bukkit is usually pretty quick at getting out updates and my host has the jar updated fairly quickly. Nevertheless be prepared for at least a little downtime.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Can I bitch? I'm going to bitch.

I think enchanting in its current form is terrible. Having to waste XP onrandomenchants is garbage and you know it! I also don't like the fact that once you get an enchant you love, you can't repair your item indefinitely. I don't know what the devs are thinking sometimes.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Can I bitch? I'm going to bitch.

I think enchanting in its current form is terrible. Having to waste XP onrandomenchants is garbage and you know it! I also don't like the fact that once you get an enchant you love, you can't repair your item indefinitely. I don't know what the devs are thinking sometimes.
I don't think many would disagree with you. Pretty sure McFly's enchanting wall and the $250 repair sign were attempts at mitigating the suckiness of the vanilla enchanting system. But yes, whoever created the enchanting system and whoever is letting it be probably did not play MC very much. Or RPGs.

Or games.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm more annoyed at not being able to repair stuff then spending xp. I repaied my pick and it was a diamond and 90 levels.

I got up to level 237 and still said it was too expensive. Pretty stupid.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
That's working as intended, although yes quite stupid. Some items just cannot be repaired. If it says "too expensive" (even if you are level 1) then you will never be able to repair it. If it CAN be repaired but you do not have enough XP it will just show you the required number of level in red. Also items become more and more expensive to repair the more you repair them. To a point of no return. Renaming the item will hard-save the current "repairable" state. So renaming the item when you first create it will cost you 30 levels but will insure that if it is repairable once, it will be repairable forever. At least that's how I understand it. Check out the enchant page on the wiki if you did not already know this.

How long would it take to make $250 with McFly's economy mod? Would it take longer than earning, say, 40 levels? Because I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be the way to repair when I last played.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
40 levels can be earned with a mouse click every 8 hours or whatever with the bonus chest. Levels aren't an issue really, it's just dumb the programers for the game itself made it so you can't just repair items as many times as you want.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Couple thoughts for the next server:
-Jungle biomes are sexy, but they aren't a friendly building location for spawn. We should put spawn at a less obnoxiously tree'd area next time
-I would stick to reg size biomes.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Couple thoughts for the next server:
-Jungle biomes are sexy, but they aren't a friendly building location for spawn. We should put spawn at a less obnoxiously tree'd area next time
-I would stick to reg size biomes.
Both of these ideas are already planned for. :)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
finished the western dome! Still not sure how to do the wall under it with the giant circle window, let me know what you guys think about it.

rrr_img_32826.jpg
rrr_img_32827.jpg
rrr_img_32828.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So in FTB there's a % chance a machine will break when you destroy it with a wrench, right?

Can this be disabled?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Is the server dead for anyone else? Shows the ping on it to be over 5000 and I can't even get the map to load.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
works fine for me!

Here's the 'finished' window with one tower built. Intropy likes the towers being full height, my wife likes the left side without the tower. What do you guys think?

rrr_img_32931.jpg

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
tower & no tower both look fine, i think maybe go with the tower for aesthetics , idk. Hard to tell with just that pic.