Rerolled Pen and Paper Gaming Group

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Interesting. I like that she has tried some different stuff there. I was seriously considering a path that included a familiar/companion, before I changed my mind and went for the dullest character possible
frown.png

I see she has a shield and sword, is she planning to get in the thick of things, or is that more of just a precaution? The reason I ask is, once again, related to Spirit. After having it pointed out to me, particularly with a melee character, now I'm paranoid as fuck about it
tongue.png
But if she's not planning on charging into the breach, so to speak, it won't be as big of a deal.

Whether she does or not, we still have a pretty good mix. We've got myself as all melee, so I can't do anything but get stuck in; Moontayle as almost pure melee as well, but with good backup shooting ability; you as rogue-like "please don't hit me" dps for killing faster; Seananigans as probably pretty brutal ranged dps; Zhaun as the healer/support; and then Laura as another combo melee/ranged dps, including spells. That's a pretty good team...except for the fact that I can see myself needing a lot of healing since I can't do shit except run forward
tongue.png
But that will be fun!

I am going to update my character slightly, with the new damage rolls, slightly changed skills, slightly changed background and probably a new name later tonight, but overall it will be exactly the same concept. Just want to get the "final" version up tonight since I might not have a chance from work tomorrow and I get home right when we are supposed to start playing.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
She has a different "chicken" mindset of the gungho person that shits themself once things go downhill but that she did choose intentionally - tried to guide her away from it, but alas...

On the positive side of things though, with Boost Trait on her and the homunculus she does have some flexibility to try to boost ours to manageable levels at times though with a little injected courage.

And not really seeing myself as DPS too much, more of a support role with the ability to occasionally tear something apart a bit - but not my focus at all.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
She may want to read the "Weird Science" section on the powers in the main book, as they work a little different than normal magic does. If she hasn't already.

Vaclav

She may want to read the "Weird Science" section on the powers in the main book, as they work a little different than normal magic does. If she hasn't already.
I know she has to work with doodads and devices and keep them on her for the Inventor bits and Potiony/Chemical stuff in syringes (or contact stuff with the Homunculus) for her Chemistry - is that the stuff you're talking about? Not read that part in depth just breezed over it.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Yeah.

It is stuff like, she doesn't have power points, her doodads do (what an odd sentence). And if something happens to the doodads she can't use the power until it is fixed.

Each power is invested in a specific doodad basically and it's own independent thing. Without that specific power-doodad-thing, she has no power until she recovers or replaces it.

But you can loan them out and have multiple power pools. So there is upsides and downsides.

Vaclav

Interesting, too tired to read it and absorb it tonight (plus we picked up the Pathfinder CG today - so gotta read those rules too for tomorrow or Saturday's first playthrough) but will have to go over it tomorrow and summarize it to her.

Edit: And this thing has inspired her to register - apparently they've got a delay on things (or maybe because of the shared IP) with approving posting on joining now - she was gonna try to post herself tonight, but alas, stymied by the approval process.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Delayed approval might be a result of the Tyenbot army attacking these past few days too.

Sorry if I misunderstood your goal for your character. I saw a runic weapon and sort of just assumed from there.

I have the hardest time picking names for fucking characters, I'm never happy with them. I like humorous names, but sometimes the setting and group isn't appropriate for it, and never having played with any of you before I don't want to go too far overboard. On the other hand, I have a huge fondness for particular characters from books too, but if anyone has read the books it just sounds lame. Gah! Hope to have the updated character sheet up soon though.

EDIT: Tempted to totally remake my character into Mary Death (my new avatar) because she's so fucking badass, and the new love of my life, but we've got plenty of guns already. And I have a penis.

Xannder_sl

shitlord
Xaander, it may just be our game but I'm playing a FATE game now and after looking forward to it, I find it awful.

I thought about Armor and Deflection but I figured even with a +2 (or +4!) It wouldn't be enough to really keep me alive with a base of 4!
smile.png
That sucks to hear about FATE. One of the players in my group is converting all of our Deadlands stuff into FATE to run in that but we have yet to play it. You might be right on Armor but Deflection would definitely be useful as that's a negative to hit and if you keep at range that's going to make you awfully tough to hit and almost impossible on a raise unless you're dealing with aim or some other bonuses.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Give FATE a shot, like I said, it may just be our GM. But the maths don't work right to me and the character creation was simply painful for us. I could be convinced to give it another shot if it was a good setting and different GM, but I would rather stay home that play the game we are.

I'm still looking at my second power, while Succor seems handy I'd kind of like something more interesting. At the same time though, I don't want to spend power points on stuff that I should be reserving for healing.

I think the WEIRD SCIENCE(!) character may have the edge here and was going to look at the potential of going that way, though Ms. Valcav seems to have that covered now
smile.png

Still have 18ish hours to figure out what to play!
biggrin.png

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Ok, this should be my final iteration. I think!

I changed the skills slightly to better fit where I want the character to head with future improvements, but aside from that the only thing that changed is the name/background.

His name is Reemul, and he's known as the Liege-Killer. (If any of you are familiar with that name, you are awesome and I want to be friends.) He got the nickname because the Talus (Demon Lords) out in the wastes used to send him into the city to kill rebel Malakar that were actively opposing the Talus' plans. His name became synonymous with a swift and brutal death, sanctioned by the Talus. After running into a group of adventurers that dispelled his mistaken impressions of the other races, Reemul renounced his ties to the Talus and joined those adventurers. While it is only a pipe dream right now, one day he hopes to make his nickname actually come true by killing one of his former liege lords. It is also somewhat likely that the Talus are displeased with his defection...(didn't take a Hindrance to that effect though, so go easy!).

EDIT: Adding in the other background stuff on Hindrances and such from earlier in the thread.

Reemul is a massive blood-red Malakar that fights only with his own claws, viewing ranged weapons of any sort as cowardly weapons. He's especially intimidating, partially due to his reputation, and uses it to his advantage in combat often.

He's also incredibly curious, and can't resist touching or examining new objects because he was trained almost from birth to be nothing but a killer, and thus was never allowed to have belongings of his own as a child. Furthermore, what if they bestow wondrous powers/riches upon the first person that touches them??

He never uses any sort of ranged weapon, and believes that it will rob him of his virility if he uses them. To be safe, he even avoids using throwing weapons of any kind.

Here is the character sheet:
rrr_img_48948.jpg

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
You aren't a typical party of adventurers, but you all know each other and are members of the underground either as gangsters / mafia or as revolutionaries. You also operate out of a small shop with a front business. You can decide what that business is now or later.

Vaclav

Sorry if I misunderstood your goal for your character. I saw a runic weapon and sort of just assumed from there.
Every thief carries the best thing they can afford for protection, no? Even if it's not their go-to with their MO. Heh.

I have the hardest time picking names for fucking characters, I'm never happy with them. I like humorous names, but sometimes the setting and group isn't appropriate for it, and never having played with any of you before I don't want to go too far overboard. On the other hand, I have a huge fondness for particular characters from books too, but if anyone has read the books it just sounds lame. Gah! Hope to have the updated character sheet up soon though.
I generally stick with a shortlist of about a half dozen first names (or slight tweaks thereof) myself - Aszuth, Thaeron, Darius, Vaclav, Calamar, Demetrious. And that's about it, beyond that I start getting stumped.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
You aren't a typical party of adventurers, but you all know each other and are members of the underground either as gangsters / mafia or as revolutionaries. You also operate out of a small shop with a front business. You can decide what that business is now or later.
Close enough. My character's background is easily altered to accommodate that.

I'd like to make the first suggestion that our business be a brothel. Otherwise, my character will probably be constantly broke from hiring hookers.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Ok, so my family also wants to take me to Thor tonight, and I'd just feel weird declining to play Savage Worlds online :/

This means I probably won't make it on at all tonight, unless you all go past the normal allotted time. Hopefully it's not too hard to squeeze me in next week.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Happy yesterday Birthday Sean, sorry I forgot to say it then.

More importantly though, dibs on his loot!

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Time to make tokens for your characters. Link an image here or in the game or over skype that you want tokenized.