Rerolled Pen and Paper Gaming Group

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Awesome idea with the one-off game. Didn't even occur to me to do that.

Should we PM you our contact info for Roll20 and Skype?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
If anyone knows of a way to get hold of an electronic copy of the book (for free), please PM me the relevant info. I'm a broke college student, especially broke recently due to some medical and friend's-wedding expenses, so if I can get away with not having to buy anything, that's a plus.

Looking forward to this!

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I can't help you there. Check out the pdf I linked though, that seems to have like 80%+ of all the rules a player needs to fumble through the first game or two.

Black Sun Wizard

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think it's awesome to see people are interested in trying this! If I get around to putting together some material, maybe I would try and recruit some players from here.

I have ran many games online with MapTool, D20Pro, and Fantasy Grounds. Gotta say that Roll20 is doing it the best. MapTool and Fantasy Grounds are not intuitive and D20 is wonderful if all you run is D20 games (otherwise it sucks).

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Sent some links to books to Seananigans, let me know if anyone else needs them.

Maptools is more for developers who play RPGs since you can write a ton of code to supplement your games.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I could use as a temp solution/preview before I'd order via Amazon, sure.

Feels weird buying RPG books without flipping through them in the store first after all...

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I think it's awesome to see people are interested in trying this! If I get around to putting together some material, maybe I would try and recruit some players from here.

I have ran many games online with MapTool, D20Pro, and Fantasy Grounds. Gotta say that Roll20 is doing it the best. MapTool and Fantasy Grounds are not intuitive and D20 is wonderful if all you run is D20 games (otherwise it sucks).
Feel free. There are enough people available Friday / Sunday to get something else started. I'll update the first post for you if you want.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It has been ages since I played a decent pen & paper game. I'm as happy as a little girl!
rrr_img_48085.jpg

Just fyi, going to use one of your pre-made characters the first night since there doesn't seem to be much point making up a character without knowing the setting. I'd hate to choose "pilot" as a skill and then find out there isn't anything to pilot, for example.

I do have a character concept for the main game, however, but I'll have to wait to add actual skills and such once I know wtf some of them even do.

Black Sun Wizard

Silver Knight of the Realm
So what is everyone's game of choice? What is your go-to pen'n'paper RPG?

Mine:
1. Fantasy Flight Games - aka Dark Heresy, Only War, etc
2. Pathfinder
3. Dnd 4e

Vaclav

Vv same here - last time probably was 20 yrs for true tabletop.. Only minis and boardgames for in person recently.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Might want to allow people to hang out and listen as I'm sure there are lots of people who have always been interested but don't really get what role playing games are all about. Would be a great way to introduce them to it.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
If someone wants to set up a video or audio recording I'm fine with it. For example, Livestream or something like that. Just as long as I don't have to do anything. GMing is enough work.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Zhaun, Seananigans, check your PM's and get registered for the game tomorrow please.

Vaclav

Note: Wife got an ulcer diagnosis yesterday - please don't be offended if she's either making statements you could attach to a Grumpy Cat image or we end up having to bow out for this week.

Apparently within a week or two of ignoring it from becoming septic vs peptic - so she's gotta follow diet restrictions hard which she's.... Displeased with to say the least...

Although being that we'll be talking as humans soon - Rob and Laura is more appropriate for referencing ourselves now I suppose.