Rerolled Pen and Paper Gaming Group

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Mics purchased and toying with getting them all set up - first time doing the wireless deal + dongle so wish me luck...

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Note: Wife got an ulcer diagnosis yesterday - please don't be offended if she's either making statements you could attach to a Grumpy Cat image or we end up having to bow out for this week.

Apparently within a week or two of ignoring it from becoming septic vs peptic - so she's gotta follow diet restrictions hard which she's.... Displeased with to say the least...

Although being that we'll be talking as humans soon - Rob and Laura is more appropriate for referencing ourselves now I suppose.
Disclaimer: Obviously we all hope everything turns out well for your wife, and can commiserate with having to deal with something like that.

That being said...I won't be offended by anything she says as long as you promise not to be offended if I (probably fairly often) suggest something like how she'd probably feel MUCH better if you were giving her a foot massage, or letting her buy that new purse she wants, or basically catering to her every need
tongue.png
Nothing makes people feel better than picking on someone else! So as long as you can take a little ribbing, I'm sure everything will be just fine!

Really stoked for tonight.

Vaclav

Heh, she seems to be doing well - actually think lunch hit me worse... And officially after what felt like hours of toying with it, got the first one paired. Other should only take a minute or two.

Was getting some crackling on my voice at first but seems to have leveled out after a some tweaks to Skype. If I need some diagnostics (or she does) for the initial bit, apologies in advance.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I haven't tested mine at all beyond the initial install and check that Skype does, so you're probably more prepared than I am. I just have to remember to keep my pants on when we start until I'm sure I didn't hit the "answer with video" button.

Vaclav

I'll be trying to be on and available at 7:30 EST if anyone wants to torture me checking calibration and vice versa. PM me with your Skype if anyone wants/needs to.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'll be leaving work in about 10 minutes, then it will take me 15-20 minutes to get home, so about 10 till I should be available.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
The campaign starts next Friday, November 8th.

Start: 5:00 PM PST
End: 9:00 PM PST
Playing RunePunk in the Savage Worlds

Players:
1) Moontayle
2) Vaclav
3) Vaclav's Wife
4) Seananigans
5) Vvoid
6) Zhaun

What you need to do to be ready for Friday:
1) Create a Novice character for the RunePunk setting.
2) For winning the one-shot game, your characters will have 2x the starting funds and two experience points (Every five you can advance your character).

The one-shot exposed some issues that need to be worked out before next week. Mainly, using the roll20 card deck to track initiative. We need to figure out how to make it work.

moontayle

Golden Squire
For the use of the deck, I would say try to have one or two on hand physically Himeo so if the use of the Roll20 deck is iffy you can still draw cards and we'll keep track of what each person got on the board. Note that each round creates a new draw and whenever someone gets a joker, the deck is shuffled upon the conclusion of the round.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
That'll work. I'd prefer to use the roll20 deck instead, but I'll have a deck with me as backup.

Vaclav

Just to reiterate - not finalized the character yet - still reading the books in digital form (pirated) until Amazon gets it here which is a hassle for me while the Kindle is AWOL - but will be doing one of the rat people race as some sort of roguish type - specifics TBD, but B&E and pickpocket type skills should be expected.

And on the d20 built in deck, maybe the deck is unique to each of us - so you should hand out the cards to everyone and that way they won't dupe, perhaps? Would require a bit of heavy testing to determine though - probably easiest to discuss it on the Savage Worlds part of the d20 forums.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I was thinking the same thing re: deck, if Himeo did all the drawing, they'd probably stay unique.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Went well. A lot of it was getting use to the Roll20 interface and learning the system since Savage Worlds does things a little different than D20 or Pathfinder. We start the larger campaign here next Friday in a setting call RunePunk which is Fantasy Steampunk ala Arcanum but where both aspects, magic and technology, work side by side instead of against each other.

Vaclav

So how did it work out. Spred the secret sauce around.
Only complaint I'd have was my own lack of familiarity using a mic, kept hearing my voice echo in Skype which forced me to stutter a bit. (Got a theory why to test though - my hearing is pretty sharp and wife (simpler than saying 22 years together but not married when doing text even though we're not in a common law state) is deaf on her side facing me at our PC setup - gotta test if her headset was too loud and I was hearing my echo in hers rather than my own.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Only complaint I'd have was my own lack of familiarity using a mic, kept hearing my voice echo in Skype which forced me to stutter a bit. (Got a theory why to test though - my hearing is pretty sharp andwife (simpler than saying 22 years together but not married when doing text even though we're not in a common law state)is deaf on her side facing me at our PC setup - gotta test if her headset was too loud and I was hearing my echo in hers rather than my own.
Kurt Russel? I loved you in Big Trouble in Little China.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Let's address the most important question. That being, which of you are going to be my servants? I need servants.

Vaclav

Kurt Russel? I loved you in Big Trouble in Little China.
Hah, wasn't aware he did the same thing - I feel better about it now - always feels awkward when she does the "Well... technically..." thing... but Kurt and Goldie have some years on us. (Apparently they've been "partners" for 30 years too)